Finally: A Black former police officer exposes police racism!

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
imrs.php
Being a cop showed me just how racist and violent the police are. There is just one fix:
Redditt Hudson, a former cop, works for the NAACP and chairs the board of the Ethics Project. The views expressed here are his own.

I liked my job, and I was good at it.

But more and more, I felt like I couldn’t do the work I set out to do. I was participating in a profoundly corrupt criminal justice system. I could not, in good conscience, participate in a system that was so intentionally unfair and racist. So after five years on the job, I quit.

Since I left, I’ve thought a lot about how to change the system. I’ve worked on police abuse, racial justice and criminal justice reform at the Missouri ACLU and other organizations.

Unfortunately, I don’t think better training alone will reduce police brutality. My fellow officers and I took plenty of classes on racial sensitivity and on limiting the use of force.

The problem is that cops aren’t held accountable for their actions, and they know it. These officers violate rights with impunity. They know there’s a different criminal justice system for civilians and police.

MORE at link:

Being a cop showed me just how racist and violent the police are. There s only one fix. - The Washington Post

Blacks committing half of the crime in this country will make any sane person kind of racist. Why not cut that crime rate and maybe other people will work with you??

Blacks don't commit half the crime in this country. But if they did, do you hate the people committing the other half as much as you do Blacks?

I did not expect many responses to this thread. The truth is unpopular among the dominant "conservative" hordes who roost here like bats . They want to hear stories about police doing what they are meant to, including unprovoked murder, heinous acts or whatever... as long as the other guy isn't one of them!

I shall use this venue, this op, to bring to the forefront more stories from cops or former cops like the author. Those stories need to be told and reviewed by anyone interested in justice for all.

My thanks to the USMB staff for their tolerance. I know it is not easy for a decidedly Right Wing Board to play host to a person like me who generally is a constant thorn in the side of neo Conservatism.

Forum List

Back