Roberta Flack has ALS

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Just read about it….one the most beautiful voices ever imo…so sad :(. It is a cruel disease.

Just read about it….one the most beautiful voices ever imo…so sad :(. It is a cruel disease.

Very saddened to hear this. I saw her perform live in concert way back in the 70's with Donny Hathaway, what a beautiful voice she had.

That's really sad. But at 85, something is gonna get you eventually.

That's really sad. But at 85, something is gonna get you eventually.

See, this is the thing. The whole reason to be healthy isn't longevity per se, but rather, to manage how you die. People who die of 'natural causes' take care of themselves and die quickly; people who don't could conceivably live to the same age, but have a miserable final 5-10 years of life, not to mention spend a lot more $ in those final years.

The key to graceful aging is to go out like Jack Lalane -- go out like a light bulb. Better to do that then to hang on for another 10 years wheelchair-bound and shitting in your drawers on a daily basis.

That said, ALS is a mysterious disease. An old high school buddy of mine died in his early 40s because of it. Fucking terrible disease - wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Forum List

Back