Robert Reich explains the "Free Market" in a nutshell.

Capitalism wasn't even around before government.

A necessary component of Capitalism is the government.

None of you or your anti-government compatriots advocate removing patents, copyrights, land deeds, limited liability, bankruptcy, or a plethora of other things, provided at tax payer expense that assists in the accumulation of wealth.
I clearly point out that "both must work hand in hand, they are symbiotic", and you try to paint me as "anti-government".

Yes, the binary thought processes of obedient hardcore partisan ideologues, always amusing.

It's not "binary". And it's "symbiotic" only in the sense that Capitalism must have, as a necessary component, a fully functional government in which to operate. Governments, however, have existed without the presence of Capitalism. Capitalism arose as a reaction to the precept that wealth should only be controlled by Royalty. It came out of mercantilism, which held that profit, land ownership and commerce should be available to everyone.
Yes, a very government-centric way of looking at it, as I said.

Capitalism, by it's very nature, is government centric.
Yes, I have no doubt that a person from your political perspective views that as an absolute.

Well feel free to point out where a capitalist economy sprang up without a government. With links and all.

Because I can certainly do the opposite.

I clearly point out that "both must work hand in hand, they are symbiotic", and you try to paint me as "anti-government".

Yes, the binary thought processes of obedient hardcore partisan ideologues, always amusing.

It's not "binary". And it's "symbiotic" only in the sense that Capitalism must have, as a necessary component, a fully functional government in which to operate. Governments, however, have existed without the presence of Capitalism. Capitalism arose as a reaction to the precept that wealth should only be controlled by Royalty. It came out of mercantilism, which held that profit, land ownership and commerce should be available to everyone.

Yes, I have no doubt that a person from your political perspective views that as an absolute.

Well feel free to point out where a capitalist economy sprang up without a government. With links and all.

And here's the second time you're arguing against something I didn't say.

Something I didn't say.

For the THIRD TIME, "both must work hand in hand, they are symbiotic".

I just can't get you folks to be honest. Why do you suppose that is?

I can't lie. While he doesn't know much about how the economy works, his video on the TPP is spot on and the one about Mass Incarceration is fairly good but he leaves a few things out.

Something I didn't say.

Because many on the Left are dishonest.

How else can you explain their long love affair with Karl Marx?

What "accurate" macro picture do you want?

Capitalism isn't some sort of natural result of private enterprise. That's a bullshit assessment. It is the result of laws, regulations, security and infrastructure all built and set up by the government. That's what sets up an environment where business can be conducted.

At the present time, it's lopsided and we are feeling the effects.
What you fail to comprehend is government has given us the crony corrupt capitalism we have today. The little geek thinks we need more government intrusion to fix this. Do you fail to see the idiocy of his argument?
Government sets the rules for the market. Big money interests have too much influence over the rule making process. Isn't that Reich's argument. I fail to see your point. He is not asking for more government intrusion, he is asking for more balanced rule making.

Capitalism isn't some sort of natural result of private enterprise. That's a bullshit assessment. It is the result of laws, regulations, security and infrastructure all built and set up by the government. That's what sets up an environment where business can be conducted.

What you fail to comprehend is government has given us the crony corrupt capitalism we have today. The little geek thinks we need more government intrusion to fix this. Do you fail to see the idiocy of his argument?
Government sets the rules for the market. Big money interests have too much influence over the rule making process. Isn't that Reich's argument. I fail to see your point. He is not asking for more government intrusion, he is asking for more balanced rule making.
Why has capitalism become corrupted? Because big gov has allowed to. Now to think that big gov is going to fix the problem, is terribly naive. The little dweeb speaks with forked tongue.

Why has capitalism become corrupted? Because big gov has allowed to. Now to think that big gov is going to fix the problem, is terribly naive. The little dweeb speaks with forked tongue.
It's our government, it's up to us to demand change. I don't see how Reich is wrong for pointing it out.

It's our government, it's up to us to demand change. I don't see how Reich is wrong for pointing it out.
Did you watch and comprehend the video? He is condemning free market capitalism, when that not at issue and terribly disingenuous. We have crony capitalism run and controlled by big gov. Yes big gov is the problem...but do you know the little twerp's history? He is a big gov statist leftist. So sorry, but I find him a little joke.

Did you watch and comprehend the video? He is condemning free market capitalism, when that not at issue and terribly disingenuous. We have crony capitalism run and controlled by big gov. Yes big gov is the problem...but do you know the little twerp's history? He is a big gov statist leftist. So sorry, but I find him a little joke.
The free market doesn't exist. Is that a condemnation or a fact?

Something I didn't say.

Because many on the Left are dishonest.

How else can you explain their long love affair with Karl Marx?

That's so 1960's bircher, who loved to called Kennedy a commie until he was killed by one.

How about we just call you guys fascists.

He's not condemning it.

What he's condemning is the notion that it should only benefit a small segment of society.

Libertarians and Anarchists are funny. They always seem to be in countries with big governments enjoying it's benefits.

libertarian.JPG

Something I didn't say.

Oh yes, Mac, I am "government-centric" in pointing out that no government, no capitalism, but you are the other hand are what in pointing out this symbiosis?

Like, dude, so above everything, right?

Something I didn't say.

Oh yes, Mac, I am "government-centric" in pointing out that no government, no capitalism, but you are the other hand are what in pointing out this symbiosis?

You're "government-centric" because you're a leftwing partisan ideologue and create threads, like this, that promote other government-centric leftwing partisan ideologues.

I pointed out that Reich's piece is one-sided and you didn't like it. Not my problem. I actually can see the big picture, your ideology prohibits you from doing so.

And yes, you folks are beginning to convince me that I am indeed above most of the lies and nastiness here. But it remains a fascinating place to observe for me.

Something I didn't say.

You're "government-centric" because you're a leftwing partisan ideologue and create threads, like this, that promote other government-centric leftwing partisan ideologues.

I pointed out that Reich's piece is one-sided and you didn't like it. Not my problem. I actually can see the big picture, your ideology prohibits you from doing so.

And yes, you folks are beginning to convince me that I am indeed above most of the lies and nastiness here. But it remains a fascinating place to observe for me.

Big picture is that you want to cut taxes, regulations, get rid of unions to "unleash" the free market and kibosh all these "statist" bonds on the captains of industry.

News flash. Plutocracy is not much different than Monarchy.

Something I didn't say.

Big picture is that you want to cut taxes, regulations, get rid of unions to "unleash" the free market and kibosh all these "statist" bonds and the captains of industry.

News flash. Plutocracy is not much different than Monarchy.
Wow, you really got me there. Now let's see where I ACTUALLY stand on those issues:

This really is fun.

Are you embarrassed yet? You've lied multiple times on this thread alone and you completely whiffed on those accusations, holy crap, a silver platter for me.

I'm gonna guess you're not embarrassed, huh?

:biggrin:

Not "embarrassed" at all. Been around the block here a few times. You have a history of picking fights with folks on either side of the ideological spectrum and doing a chameleon dance. But mostly you are pretty conservative.

Not "embarrassed" at all. Been around the block here a few times. You have a history of picking fights with folks on either side of the ideological spectrum and doing a chameleon dance. But mostly you are pretty conservative.
Yeah, I didn't think so. So now you know how off you were.

Hey, if you want to think you really got the big picture from ol' Robert, I'm not surprised a bit.

And I lean left. I've just had more than enough of the constant lies of people with whom I agree on many issues. I don't know why you folks feel you need to lie.

Forum List

Back