Robert Reich explains the "Free Market" in a nutshell.

The little twerp confuses free market capitalism with government controlled crony capitalism. His solution...more government control.

Makes sense if you are a Marxist.

Yet another shallow and (more importantly) one-sided presentation by the reigning hardcore partisan ideologue economic theorist.

Some of his points are fine, but a shallow, one-sided presentation has zero value for those who actually want an accurate macro picture.

"Economists" are cute and nice to have around now and then, as long as they stay in their lane: Macro analysis, trend analysis, forecasting.

But when they become "pundits", oy, forget it, buh-bye.

Last edited:
What "accurate" macro picture do you want?

Capitalism isn't some sort of natural result of private enterprise. That's a bullshit assessment. It is the result of laws, regulations, security and infrastructure all built and set up by the government. That's what sets up an environment where business can be conducted.

At the present time, it's lopsided and we are feeling the effects.

What "accurate" macro picture do you want?

Capitalism isn't some sort of natural result of private enterprise. That's a bullshit assessment. It is the result of laws, regulations, security and infrastructure all built and set up by the government. That's what sets up an environment where business can be conducted.

At the present time, it's lopsided and we are feeling the effects.
What you fail to comprehend is government has given us the crony corrupt capitalism we have today. The little geek thinks we need more government intrusion to fix this. Do you fail to see the idiocy of his argument?

lol, the midget commie. how funny
but he's a Progressive/dem in a nutshell. you fall for their BS you are signing up for permanent slavery and that midget will be your master. you can't have "income equality" unless everyone is brought down to the same level: and that is trickle up poverty

just don't take the rest of us with you

Another perfect example of my point: A government-centric view of capitalism.

There are two pieces to the puzzle: Government and industry, the implementation of capitalism, without which the system itself is absolutely irrelevant.

Both must work hand in hand, they are symbiotic. You and Reich start with government, it is your intellectual foundation.

"Macro" means both sides must be fully recognized and addressed. They are not here. As usual.

This is a pretty concise high level talk about the "Free Market".

Sallow let this be a lesson for you. You need to take stock...and stop believing the lies of the Left. Can you do it?

Shallow is quite the crack up. this is a concise HIGH LEVEL TALK

of course he has to stand on a box to give it.

man is that worshipping of someone or what? ick

There are two pieces to the puzzle: Government and industry, the implementation of capitalism, without which the system itself is absolutely irrelevant.

Both must work hand in hand, they are symbiotic. You and Reich start with government, it is your intellectual foundation.

"Macro" means both sides must be fully recognized and addressed. They are not here. As usual.

Capitalism wasn't even around before government.

A necessary component of Capitalism is the government.

None of you or your anti-government compatriots advocate removing patents, copyrights, land deeds, limited liability, bankruptcy, or a plethora of other things, provided at tax payer expense that assists in the accumulation of wealth.

None of you or your anti-government compatriots advocate removing patents, copyrights, land deeds, limited liability, bankruptcy, or a plethora of other things, provided at tax payer expense that assists in the accumulation of wealth.
I clearly point out that "both must work hand in hand, they are symbiotic", and you try to paint me as "anti-government".

Yes, the binary thought processes of obedient hardcore partisan ideologues, always amusing.

I clearly point out that "both must work hand in hand, they are symbiotic", and you try to paint me as "anti-government".

Yes, the binary thought processes of obedient hardcore partisan ideologues, always amusing.

It's not "binary". And it's "symbiotic" only in the sense that Capitalism must have, as a necessary component, a fully functional government in which to operate. Governments, however, have existed without the presence of Capitalism. Capitalism arose as a reaction to the precept that wealth should only be controlled by Royalty. It came out of mercantilism, which held that profit, land ownership and commerce should be available to everyone.

It's not "binary". And it's "symbiotic" only in the sense that Capitalism must have, as a necessary component, a fully functional government in which to operate. Governments, however, have existed without the presence of Capitalism. Capitalism arose as a reaction to the precept that wealth should only be controlled by Royalty. It came out of mercantilism, which held that profit, land ownership and commerce should be available to everyone.
Okay, but do you recognize any good from Capitalism?

Okay, but do you recognize any good from Capitalism?

Of course. It's my bread and butter.

Yes, a very government-centric way of looking at it, as I said.

Capitalism, by it's very nature, is government centric.

Capitalism, by it's very nature, is government centric.
Yes, I have no doubt that a person from your political perspective views that as an absolute.

Forum List

Back