Robert E Lee & The Confederate Solider statue removed in Dallas

More productive might be markers erected to the entire Lost Cause propaganda campaign, and why it ran around putting such propaganda transmitters in, say.... Montana.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Number one, try quoting the whole post....

1024px-Confederate_Memorial_Fountain_%28Helena%2C_Montana%29_03.jpg

Confederate Memorial Fountain, Helena Montana. Erected 1917 by, you guessed it, the UDC, purveyors of fine Lost Cause propaganda since forever.

See what I mean about the knowledge of this propaganda campaign being essential?

You have a point . Some of those look fine . There was a draft after all.
I think the best method is, when removing statues of confederate leaders, replace them with memorials to the soldiers.

That way, you're not shitting on the heritage of those who did their duty, while still getting rid of the icons of rebellion.

It seems to me like that would be a fair trade.

More productive might be markers erected to the entire Lost Cause propaganda campaign, and why it ran around putting such propaganda transmitters in, say.... Montana.

If monuments are supposed to teach history (they're not, but just to entertain the fantasy), then they've obviously done a piss-poor job of describing the Civil War. Everybody knows it happened while few on this board can articulate what was going on and what wasn't.

The history of that propaganda campaign, however, is ignored and vital to be understood. You can't know where you're going unless you know where you've been --- and who took you there. And why.

That is interesting. I have no idea who was behind pushing the Lost Cause outside the South.

Meanwhile … I didn't go. LOL

I love the "black confederate" blog

I think the best method is, when removing statues of confederate leaders, replace them with memorials to the soldiers.

That way, you're not shitting on the heritage of those who did their duty, while still getting rid of the icons of rebellion.

If monuments are supposed to teach history (they're not, but just to entertain the fantasy), then they've obviously done a piss-poor job of describing the Civil War. Everybody knows it happened while few on this board can articulate what was going on and what wasn't.

The history of that propaganda campaign, however, is ignored and vital to be understood. You can't know where you're going unless you know where you've been --- and who took you there. And why.

That is interesting. I have no idea who was behind pushing the Lost Cause outside the South.

The UDC went everywhere. Their mission was historical revision, and they took that wherever they could.

Kind of an honor killing of history.

Confederate Memorial Fountain, Helena Montana. Erected 1917 by, you guessed it, the UDC, purveyors of fine Lost Cause propaganda since forever.

See what I mean about the knowledge of this propaganda campaign being essential?
What am I looking at?

What are you babbling about?

Who are these people from 100 years ago purveying propaganda?

Should the soldiers who died be honored or not?

You're completely side-stepping the point to prove some bullshit conspiracy.

What am I looking at?

What are you babbling about?

Who are these people from 100 years ago purveying propaganda?

Should the soldiers who died be honored or not?

You're completely side-stepping the point to prove some bullshit conspiracy.

Here's a klown who comes into the thread five hundred posts late and then wants people to essplain to him what he missed.

Same dood that copied off everybody else's test papers in school.

SMH

Very interesting. thanks.

United Daughters of the Confederacy and Lost Cause Go Viral

On a note, my book club was reading Faulkner, and he wrote something about "every boy dreams of being there before Picket's Charge on that July day...…"

I'm going, what the fck?

Two southerners go, "yes."

The UDC went everywhere. Their mission was historical revision, and they took that wherever they could.

What makes it creepy was their fathers were putting their seed in poor black women who had no say in the matter

Forum regressives are working hard to get this one removed as well.

iu

What makes it creepy was their fathers were putting their seed in poor black women who had no say in the matter

And the UDC was planting the metaphorical seed in poor Southern children who ditto.

I know I keep posting this but as long as klowns come in five hundred posts late, somebody will see it for the first time and go "duh".

Here's a klown who comes into the thread five hundred posts late and then wants people to essplain to him what he missed.

SMH
Go fuck yourself.

You're talking out of your ass and off topic.

I was talking about a compromise for removing icons of rebellion, and you whip out this bullshit.

Take your ADHD meds.

SMH
Go fuck yourself.

I was talking about a compromise for removing icons of rebellion, and you whip out this bullshit.

Take your ADHD meds.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand he still hasn't bothered to read the thread. Quelle surprise.

I understand "laziness is a trait in bikes".

And the UDC was planting the metaphorical seed in poor Southern children who ditto.

I know I keep posting this but as long as klowns come in five hundred posts late, somebody will see it for the first time and go "duh".

The UDC goes back to 1895 or so. But all of the monuments to Jim Crow … the motivation of the women just creeps me out. From New Orleans to Memphis to Atlanta … and I assume SC and VA, the red light districts were blacks. Economic opportunity for illiterate women of color were not good.

Young men being called to war, regardless of the motives of the government that calls them, should be given the respect they deserve for doing their duty and paying the ultimate price.

Am I wrong?

I agree with you. Now there is some questionable bits there. For example the nazi army. A lot of the knowledge of the genocide of the Jews wasn't well known. Whereas in the Civil War the leaders of secession were shouting from the rooftops it was about slavery.

But like others have said, there was a draft too (first draft in North America was by the Confederacy), and many didn't have a choice.

But I think those leaders, politically and militarily who had a choice, or who were tied to those atrocities (Lee wanting to enslave black US POW's and use them as human shields for example) don't fall under the "he's just a regular GI" bit.

I think the "lost cause" neo-confederate types in the end will cause a lot more damage. Their attempts to rewrite history portraying those leaders as hero's when and hide the truth may cause a lot of other statues like those to civil war soldiers, or the soldiers families to go down as well. In the end I think groups like the Klan and Dixiecrats and the neo-confederates will end up costing those truly wanting to honor the fallen who didn't lead that rebellion but were caught up in it.

Some believe only AFTER we've celebrated everyone who put on a uniform FOR the USA, only then should we consider looking down the list at those who put on uniforms against the USA. There's some hope there.

We don't celebrate loyalists who fought on the british side in the Revolutionary war. We don't celebrate those troops who spied for the Nazis. We don't celebrate the Ft Hood shooter saying "he was a great soldier, who made a misguided decision based on something he believed in and fought against America, but we need to honor him as a military officer"... We don't honor Bergdahl, Benedict Arnold, Martin Monti, or Walter Allen...

Last edited:

SMH
Go fuck yourself.

Take your ADHD meds.

You didn't track. It's not in the thread but the ONLY "icons" to the rebellion that were contemporaneous are the battlefields themselves, and nobody wants harm to them. Nobody doubts the courage or sacrifice on both sides.

But the icons of dead generals erected after 1900 were icons of the Lost Cause dedicated to Jim Crow and white supremacy. That's what Charlottesville was ALL about.

If you got your courthouse square plaque dedicated to the boys who enlisted or served … I'm ok. Europe's filled with them. Even Wyoming has them for WWII and WWI.

But as Pogo said … how do you commemorate what slave life was like. Sure the lads fought bravely. But in 1861, the deal was the South keeps their slaves, but Northern states don't give back escaped slaves, and if the northern states that have slavery want to end it for themselves that's good, and UNDER NOT CIRMSTANCE will there be more slave states. And the South started the bloodiest war we've ever had over THAT. THAT wasn't good enough.

YOu can say "oh it was about tariffs or agrarian society or states right" but it's all bullshit because that all was tied to slavery. And poor Southerners sure didn't want a bunch of freed blacks running loose.

And Roots was the Disney version. start work in the dark and finish in the dark, and eat offal on good days. Rags. Cold and Hot. No education. No healthcare. Rape was the future of any girl. Lost Cause my ass.

The point has already been made. The North has always been just as racist as the South.

The only difference was the South had laws for segregation and the North practiced segregation, de facto.
Not even close

When segregation in the south was challenged, they resorted to terrorism

Lynching, bombing, castration, arson, assasination, arrest......whatever it took to keep blacks in their place

SMH
Go fuck yourself.

Take your ADHD meds.

We don't honor rebels. Those who seek to destroy America.

McVeigh won't have a statue in OK City either.

The McVeigh letters

Forum List

Back