Robbing Peter to pay Paul?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Currently, there is an unholy "alliance" between Obama and congressional GOP'ers regarding the expedited passing of the TPP......(a trade agreement which I label as regressive.)

Trying to get some democrats in congress to join in passing such legislation, right wingers are proposing to add funding to the "Trade Adjustment Assistance" (TAA) program (a program to help train displaced workers from such trade agreements.)

The problem, however, is that these republicans are planning to fund the TAA by "robbing" $700 million from MEDICARE allocations.

Wouldn't a cut from the Pentagon budget be better?

Currently, there is an unholy "alliance" between Obama and congressional GOP'ers regarding the expedited passing of the TPP......(a trade agreement which I label as regressive.)

Trying to get some democrats in congress to join in passing such legislation, right wingers are proposing to add funding to the "Trade Adjustment Assistance" (TAA) program (a program to help train displaced workers from such trade agreements.)

The problem, however, is that these republicans are planning to fund the TAA by "robbing" $700 million from MEDICARE allocations.

Wouldn't a cut from the Pentagon budget be better?

The republicans already know that there will be displaced workers it seems like. The TAA will soon be called free stuff by them no matter where the funding comes from, and the displaced workers will be soon called lazy bums who don't want to work. Curious why Obama's joining with repubs and pushing so hard for trade deal.

• Banned
Curious why Obama's joining with repubs and pushing so hard for trade deal.

One of my own "mystery" about Obama's siding with the TPP....I know that president's want to leave office with some pronounced "legacy" and I also know that the TPP is an effort to ward off China's dominance in that part of the hemisphere, however, TPP is bad for American workers no matter how the plan is spun.

Forum List

Back