RNC should let delegates decide without guidance

Whatever rules are in place for the convention need stay in place. If the rule is that you have to have won eight states; so be it. If it’s not the rule so be it.

The national convention leadership should just set the rules, without further input, and let the delegates make the decision.

Just like a jury; if they can’t work it out amongst themselves, send them back into the jury room to do it again.

Whatever rules are in place for the convention need stay in place. If the rule is that you have to have won eight states; so be it. If it’s not the rule so be it.

The national convention leadership should just set the rules, without further input, and let the delegates make the decision.

Just like a jury; if they can’t work it out amongst themselves, send them back into the jury room to do it again.

Candycorn are you out of your mind? Let the delegates decide without further input.....those people are commoners, you can't trust the unwashed with that decision. They may pick the wrong guy. No, that decision should be made by professionals, people who make their living doling out money and influence. Duh!

The delegates ARE "the professionals", and they DO make their own decisions, Candy's Illuminati fantasies notwithstanding. You don't get to be a delegate to the national convention by being Joe Schmoe pulling a lever like a monkey every four years. And no one tells them who to vote for once they're unbound. At that point, all anyone can do is persuade and convince.

He was being facetious, dumbass.

Gosh, I'm so glad I have a walking, talking argument against women's suffrage to pompously explain things to me I already know because she assumes all ovary-bearers are dumb twats like she is.

I know he was being facetious, Mensa Girl. Unlike you, I also know he was using it to imply that he - probably briefly - believed your codswallop about the "establishment" dictating votes to the delegates, as though the delegates aren't themselves part of the party leadership.

That made no sense but then again, why break your streak.

why are you so fucking concerned about the RNC ?

you are a libertard dummycrat, screw you!! :lmao:

I want Cruz or Trump. Kasich may get the nomination. Trump and Cruz are both easily defeated.

Except the committee has the right to change the rules.

The reason the lefties are saying "don't change the rules, man" is that they know the Dem candidate will hammer to pieces any Trump candidacy.

Evolutionary changes like security, and such are fine. Revolutionary modifications or Drastically changing the way it does business to prevent a person from attaining the nomination is and should be seen as contemptible by party members.

Except that's not what the rules say, as usual the MSM has been lying to everyone. It actually says a candidate has to show support from a majority of delegates from 8 states. Delegates can show support for a candidate without being bound to that candidate.

(b) Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a majority of the delegates from each of eight (8) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these rules or any rule of the House of Representatives, to demonstrate the support required of this paragraph a certificate evidencing the affirmative written support of the required number of permanently seated delegates from each of the eight (8) or more states shall have been submitted to the secretary of the convention not later than one (1) hour prior to the placing of the names of candidates for nomination pursuant to this rule and the established order of business.

https://cdn.gop.com/docs/2012_RULES_Adopted.pdf

It says nothing about winning anything, just having support.

Yes, that is why I put “if” in the post. I’m not much interested in the GOP rules (or the DNC rules for that matter); only that whatever the rules are; they should follow them.

I agree, but right now the rules are, they rewrite the rules at the beginning of the convention.

Evolutionary changes like security, and such are fine. Revolutionary modifications or Drastically changing the way it does business to prevent a person from attaining the nomination is and should be seen as contemptible by party members.
Fine, that is your opinion, so lobby to have the rules committee to not be able to change the rules. If they change the rules before the convention, no, there is no revolutionary modifications or a drastic change in doing business. It is how they do business.

Will someone please explain to me the benefit of being a registered Republican, and can you do it in less than 100 words, after all, I am a moron.

Will someone please explain to me the benefit of being a registered Republican, and can you do it in less than 100 words, after all, I am a moron.
Sure. Republicans are unable to accept responsibility for their own actions. It's a great benefit, the ability to always blame others.

Sure. Republicans are unable to accept responsibility for their own actions. It's a great benefit, the ability to always blame others.

There is one explanation. Can anyone do better, the bar has been set pretty low.

That's one explanation. Can anybody do better? The bar has been set pretty low.

At what point have they chosen a candidate who HASN'T won more than one state? I feel sure if a GOP nominee had been selected already, it would have been in the news.

Stop being an ignorant bitch for 5 seconds, okay? I doubt its possible

They have never done it and they shouldn’t do it in Cleveland.

They're not going to, however much you and the rest of the tinfoil hat brigade love to tell yourselves shivery horror stories about the possibility.

The establishment doesn't control the convention, except inasmuch as the delegates themselves are part of the establishment. The delegates control it, and after the first however many ballots their own state binds them to, they control their own votes.

zzzzzzz

Never said they did goober.
Just stated they should let the delegates decide without comment or interference.

Just stated they shouldn't do something they won't, and can't, do, because you don't understand anything that's going on, but you imagine everyone is just DYING to hear your cutting-edge, pulled-it-out-of-your-ass analysis.

You keep responding. Apparently you enjoy my ass quite a bit.

No, actually, it's the fact that I think you're one of the most mind-blank vaginas on legs that I've ever encountered that requires me to respond. If you had the wattage of a potato clock, I might not bother, but I don't want to leave your steaming mounds of bullshit just lying around for some unwary innocent to accidentally step in.

Candycorn are you out of your mind? Let the delegates decide without further input.....those people are commoners, you can't trust the unwashed with that decision. They may pick the wrong guy. No, that decision should be made by professionals, people who make their living doling out money and influence. Duh!

The delegates ARE "the professionals", and they DO make their own decisions, Candy's Illuminati fantasies notwithstanding. You don't get to be a delegate to the national convention by being Joe Schmoe pulling a lever like a monkey every four years. And no one tells them who to vote for once they're unbound. At that point, all anyone can do is persuade and convince.

He was being facetious, dumbass.

Gosh, I'm so glad I have a walking, talking argument against women's suffrage to pompously explain things to me I already know because she assumes all ovary-bearers are dumb twats like she is.

I know he was being facetious, Mensa Girl. Unlike you, I also know he was using it to imply that he - probably briefly - believed your codswallop about the "establishment" dictating votes to the delegates, as though the delegates aren't themselves part of the party leadership.

That made no sense but then again, why break your streak.

Mensa Girl, if you don't understand something, the fault doesn't lie in the words. It lies in that dead porch light you call a brain.

Regarding the caucus process in Colorado-

The Republican Party decided to not hold a straw poll vote this year.

The state 24-member GOP executive committee unanimously voted to abandon the straw poll after the national party amended its rules to bind the state's delegates to the caucus winner. Party leaders who supported the move said it would give Colorado delegates the ability to support any candidate eligible at the national convention, rather than one who may not make it to the end.
-Dog whistle for wait for the highest bidder.

• There is no formal system applied in the Precinct Caucus to relate the presidential preference of the participants to the choice of the precinct's delegates to the Colorado County Assemblies and District Conventions; (NOTE: It is the District Conventions and the State Convention that will actually elect Republican National Convention delegates to presidential contenders).
  • - dog whistle for unless you are one of us, we don't need your opinion
The final slate of GOP delegates are picked at congressional district level — three for each of the state's seven districts — and the state convention, where 13 are chosen. The list is often filled with elected officials and well-known activists. The presidential campaigns — as well as local and state candidates — will try to get their supporters into these posts to win delegates.
-Dog whistle for power bartering.

A Republican delegate elected to the national convention can commit to support a candidate on their intent to run form, or can remain unbound. Three more top GOP officials are automatic delegates, or superdelegates, free to support any candidate.
-Dog whistle for political whores.

Will Colorado know the party winners on caucus night?

No — at least not definitively. On the Republican side, no delegates selected are bound to candidates and it will prove incredibly difficult to quantify which candidate wins the most delegates among the thousands selected at the precinct level.
-Dog whistle for we haven't decide which canidate you want yet.

p.m. to register ahead of the 7 p.m. start. Any person in line at 7 p.m. will still be allowed to participate. Democrats expect less than the 120,000 who attended the record-setting 2008 caucus to show up this year. Republicans anticipate about 20,000 to 60,000 people to participate, less than the 70,000 estimated in 2008. There are roughly 2.8 million registered voters, Democrats, Republicans and unaffiliated/other are about 1/3 each, or +/- 900,000.
- The precinct participation level for Republicans is 2-6% which is less than half that of the Dems...and falling.

My decision to leave the GOP just keeps getting confirmed, but my conservative values remain intact.

Being a Republican comes with responsibility, not anyone can wear the red elephant pin. You have to be willing to spend some time, perhaps put in some late nights away from home on party business.

But it can be very rewarding. For instance, in Colorado if you can do the responsible things like be a precinct leader for a couple of years, and then serve as delegate to the county assemblies, you could ultimately become a state delegate.

Once you are a state delegate you have become a political power broker. Many people will want to be your friend, and they will do nice things for you. Because you have reached level where you have a vote that will actually be counted.

900,000 registered Republicans in Colorado of which
20,000 - 60,000 participated in the precinct process at over
2900 precincts where
0 votes cast for any republican nominee for president.

The state 24-member GOP executive committee unanimously voted to abandon the straw poll after the national party amended its rules to bind the state's delegates to the caucus winner. Party leaders who supported the move said it would give Colorado delegates the ability to support any candidate eligible at the national convention, rather than one who may not make it to the end.

• There is no formal system applied in the Precinct Caucus to relate the presidential preference of the participants to the choice of the precinct's delegates to the Colorado County Assemblies and District Conventions; (NOTE: It is the District Conventions and the State Convention that will actually elect Republican National Convention delegates to presidential contenders).
The final slate of GOP delegates are picked at congressional district level — three for each of the state's seven districts — and the state convention, where 13 are chosen. The list is often filled with elected officials and well-known activists. The presidential campaigns — as well as local and state candidates — will try to get their supporters into these posts to win delegates.

A Republican delegate elected to the national convention can commit to support a candidate on their intent to run form, or can remain unbound. Three more top GOP officials are automatic delegates, or superdelegates, free to support any candidate.

No — at least not definitively. On the Republican side, no delegates selected are bound to candidates and it will prove incredibly difficult to quantify which candidate wins the most delegates among the thousands selected at the precinct level.

p.m. to register ahead of the 7 p.m. start. Any person in line at 7 p.m. will still be allowed to participate. Democrats expect less than the 120,000 who attended the record-setting 2008 caucus to show up this year. Republicans anticipate about 20,000 to 60,000 people to participate, less than the 70,000 estimated in 2008. There are roughly 2.8 million registered voters, Democrats, Republicans and unaffiliated/other are about 1/3 each, or +/- 900,000.
- The precinct participation level for Republicans is 2-6% which is less than half that of the Dems...and falling.

My decision to leave the GOP just keeps getting confirmed, but my conservative values remain intact.

Being a Republican comes with responsibility, not anyone can wear the red elephant pin. You have to be willing to spend some time, perhaps put in some late nights away from home on party business.

But it can be very rewarding. For instance, in Colorado if you can do the responsible things like be a precinct leader for a couple of years, and then serve as delegate to the county assemblies, you could ultimately become a state delegate.

Once you are a state delegate you have become a political power broker. Many people will want to be your friend, and they will do nice things for you. Because you have reached level where you have a vote that will actually be counted.

2900 precincts where

What's your point?

• p.m. to register ahead of the 7 p.m. start. Any person in line at 7 p.m. will still be allowed to participate. Democrats expect less than the 120,000 who attended the record-setting 2008 caucus to show up this year. Republicans anticipate about 20,000 to 60,000 people to participate, less than the 70,000 estimated in 2008.

2900 precincts where

What's your point?

THERE WAS NO VOTE For the presidential nominee. Please direct me to anything which describes such a vote at a precinct caucus.

You have made it clear, being a Republican with any representation requires more time and effort than some people can muster. The process is long and cumbersome. So we will have to accept our differences.

I believe a party should invite, encourage and request input; and provide a process in which all people can cast a respected vote for who they prefer as the nominee.

How do you interpret the following passage? It is from the Green Papers of the Colorado Republicans.
-
-

• p.m. to register ahead of the 7 p.m. start. Any person in line at 7 p.m. will still be allowed to participate. Democrats expect less than the 120,000 who attended the record-setting 2008 caucus to show up this year. Republicans anticipate about 20,000 to 60,000 people to participate, less than the 70,000 estimated in 2008.

2900 precincts where

What's your point?

THERE WAS NO VOTE For the presidential nominee. Please direct me to anything which describes such a vote at a precinct caucus.

You have made it clear, being a Republican with any representation requires more time and effort than some people can muster. The process is long and cumbersome. So we will have to accept our differences.

I believe a party should invite, encourage and request input; and provide a process in which all people can cast a respected vote for who they prefer as the nominee.

How do you interpret the following passage? It is from the Green Papers of the Colorado Republicans.
-
-

I already DID direct you to something that described such a vote: I provided a link to an article written by someone who attended a precinct caucus. What more would you like? You either believe it, or you decide to dismiss it because it doesn't fit your narrative, in which case, anything I provided would likely be subject to the same dismissal.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that responsible citizenship sometimes requires some effort. As it should, as most things worth doing do. I feel utterly no compulsion, nor even any interest, in making it easier, because people do not value what they do not have to work for, and there is no benefit to the country in encouraging people to treat their citizenship responsibilities as a not-very-interesting hobby, the equivalent of doodling on a desk blotter while talking on the phone.

Look at you, for example. First you're outraged, spitting mad, because you think you've been denied your sacred, precious right to vote (which doesn't even apply in a primary, but never mind). Then, when you find out you COULD have voted, you're upset and incredulous that someone actually expected you to put forth some effort to do it, instead of - presumably - someone coming by your house, taking you by the hand, and leading you through it. If it's too much trouble for you to get informed and be aware of what's happening and what you need to do to vote, then what the hell are you screeching about?

From what I understand of the process, that paragraph means that the printed information from the party doesn't inform you of who the delegate candidates are leaning toward supporting. It just tells you their name, or - in the case of the ballot at the state convention - their assigned number, which you coordinate with the name through the program or from a slate of delegate names provided by the campaign of your choice. Once again, it is up to the people exercising their highly-valued "rights" to value them enough to put some effort into them.

The party DOES invite input, but they're not bound by it, and they're not going to pick you up, drive you to the polling place, and give you a carton of cigarettes as a bribe the way the Democrats do homeless people on Election Day. And they DID provide a system by which you could vote. You apparently just don't like that it involved you PROVING that you value your participation, rather than just running your gums about it.

Personally, I verified my voter registration and polling place, PLUS those of my husband and adult children and any special instructions that might be necessary, MONTHS prior to my state's primary, even though it's been a fairly simple, straightforward primary for as long as I can remember. You know why? Because I don't think of voting as a right "owed" to me by society or the universe or whoever. I think of INFORMED voting as a responsibility I owe to my community.

2900 precincts where

What's your point?

-
-

I already DID direct you to something that described such a vote: I provided a link to an article written by someone who attended a precinct caucus. What more would you like? You either believe it, or you decide to dismiss it because it doesn't fit your narrative, in which case, anything I provided would likely be subject to the same dismissal.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that responsible citizenship sometimes requires some effort. As it should, as most things worth doing do. I feel utterly no compulsion, nor even any interest, in making it easier, because people do not value what they do not have to work for, and there is no benefit to the country in encouraging people to treat their citizenship responsibilities as a not-very-interesting hobby, the equivalent of doodling on a desk blotter while talking on the phone.

Look at you, for example. First you're outraged, spitting mad, because you think you've been denied your sacred, precious right to vote (which doesn't even apply in a primary, but never mind). Then, when you find out you COULD have voted, you're upset and incredulous that someone actually expected you to put forth some effort to do it, instead of - presumably - someone coming by your house, taking you by the hand, and leading you through it. If it's too much trouble for you to get informed and be aware of what's happening and what you need to do to vote, then what the hell are you screeching about?

From what I understand of the process, that paragraph means that the printed information from the party doesn't inform you of who the delegate candidates are leaning toward supporting. It just tells you their name, or - in the case of the ballot at the state convention - their assigned number, which you coordinate with the name through the program or from a slate of delegate names provided by the campaign of your choice. Once again, it is up to the people exercising their highly-valued "rights" to value them enough to put some effort into them.

The party DOES invite input, but they're not bound by it, and they're not going to pick you up, drive you to the polling place, and give you a carton of cigarettes as a bribe the way the Democrats do homeless people on Election Day. And they DID provide a system by which you could vote. You apparently just don't like that it involved you PROVING that you value your participation, rather than just running your gums about it.

Personally, I verified my voter registration and polling place, PLUS those of my husband and adult children and any special instructions that might be necessary, MONTHS prior to my state's primary, even though it's been a fairly simple, straightforward primary for as long as I can remember. You know why? Because I don't think of voting as a right "owed" to me by society or the universe or whoever. I think of INFORMED voting as a responsibility I owe to my community.

I hesitate to continue this back and forth. But I will keep trying. I listen to a lot of local talk shows here in Denver. It's entertaining, like this forum. There was an absolutely epic show this morning, I think it's a 2 hour show, it's on 710 AM KNUS, runs from 9-11 AM MST.

I am sure you can guess the topic this morning. The host is a well know outspoken local attorney. He was born in Chicago, went to CU Law School, he is a card carrying GOPer (reformed democrat btw). He has spoken in front of GOP audiences, has been openly encouraged to seek office. He Attends a lot of political events. He is devoutly Catholic. He is a respected, successful Colorado family man. I can't imagine a better person to run against our incumbent senator Michael Bennett-D.

Steve House is the Colorado Republican Chairman, he has been on the show with the host. They know each other, and by all accounts are friends (that may have changed).

The host gave his opinion, made his case, presented evidence. And by the time he had signed off the air, Steve House had declared "don't ever call me again, I won't come on." I believe he communicated this by text.

I don't know how to express the mood here in Colorado. Listening to the entire 2 hour show would only give you a snap shot, but a real sense of what has occurred and how it is being perceived. There are somethings that can't be accurately understood by simply doing searches on the Internet. I wouldn't research what it's like to birth a child and then tell a mother I know what she experienced. I honestly hear all your explanations of the process, the requirements, the responsibilities, etc. But there is so obviously something wrong.

Donald Trump is leading in Delegates?

An ostrich with his head in the sand sees nothing.

Forum List

Back