RNC convention open thread

In Romney-helmed games, Olympic uniforms outsourced to Burma - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
This fact was a source of some protest in 2002, particularly given the Burmese government's history of dictatorship and long track record of human rights violations. A 2002 story from the Los Angeles Times reported on groups protesting the uniforms, made by Marker Outerwear, "because of the uniform maker's alleged ties to inhumane working conditions in Myanmar."

In a Sunday story, the Guardian UK quoted Susan Bonfield, a torch carrier for the 2002 games, remembering her outrage at seeing the 2002 uniform labels. (The Daily Kos, a liberal website, posted a picture of what appears to be the uniform and its label, which reads "Made in Burma (Myanmar)".)

"When I looked at the label for the uniform, I went nuts. When you are sending work representing the US to a military dictatorship, I have an issue with that," she told the Guardian.

This is awesome..

When has Obama EVER had so many people that knew him before his run for President, come out and support him in such a big way like this?

Can't wait for Rubio and Romney!

Jane Edmonds knocked it out of the park. The strongest speaker of the entire convention.

What a fantastic presentation. What a terrific person.

I also like how she would giggle a little each time the audience applauded.

You know her speech had to hurt the Left deep down inside. She obliterated the "war on women" meme and the Left's attempts to attach a racist narrative to Romney.

She delivered multiple body blows.

Good stuff!!!

One of Mitts better speeches. He still needs to provide a message of how he will make things better

I haven't been watching the Convention but I've been reading the reports of it. I still see no reason NOT to write in Ron Paul.

Honestly, to all you so called Conservatives out there: What exactly IS the difference between Romney and Obama?

You're fooling yourselves again just like in 2008.

I haven't been watching the Convention but I've been reading the reports of it. I still see no reason NOT to write in Ron Paul.

Honestly, to all you so called Conservatives out there: What exactly IS the difference between Romney and Obama?

You're fooling yourselves again just like in 2008.

The whole point of Romney's nomination is to ensure that we don't have a choice. Corporatism uber alles.

Forum List

Back