RNC convention open thread

Final Grade

Paul Ryan: C

As compared to Obama's "you didn't build that" speech?

November is coming!

Sure go ahead

Start by showing where businesses built any roads or bridges

Not a problem.

We'll go the easements they fund and the taxes they pay and you'll have your needs met.

Until then, you better call the suicide watch.......I've recommended it to several of my liberal friends (who are infinitely more aware than you) who know Obama is going under.

I hope they bring those columns back to remind everyone what a sales job he did on them in CO.

Did anyone hear anything from the podium they disagreed with? It'll be the same next week with the Democrats.

What is it about a consonant next to a candidates name that makes you guys so stupid?

All your tards are going to talk about is abortion.

They sure as hell can't bring up the economy.

I have a bet with a friend that someone will still blame Bush in a speech.

Exclusive: Clint Eastwood Headed to Tampa for RNC

Aug 29, 2012 03:04 AM EST
Guy Benson

A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on Thursday, and will return to southern California on Friday. Eastwood endorsed Romney earlier this month and backed Sen. John McCain's presidential bid in 2008. He also attracted political buzz when he cut a controversial Super Bowl ad for Chrysler earlier this year, which some viewed as a tacit message in favor of President Obama. If he is the RNC mystery man, Eastwood would address Republican delegates just prior to Sen. Marco Rubio's introduction of Romney in primetime on Thursday night.

---

Exclusive: Clint Eastwood Headed to Tampa for RNC - Guy Benson

Did anyone hear anything from the podium they disagreed with? It'll be the same next week with the Democrats.

What is it about a consonant next to a candidates name that makes you guys so stupid?

Do you think anyone believes that? You said it because it is a simple throw-away lie. You do not have a bet with a friend that someone will blame Bush. Did you think saying that would impress someone?

My final grade for you: F

Ryan gets an A. He kicked Obama's ass repeatedly, and was justified in doing so.

Sarah Palin was more inspiring

Doesn't bode well for Ryan

Gee, a leftie that wasn't impressed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBTpjkPiVyg]shocked face.m4v - YouTube[/ame]

Lets see how our board conservatives act next week

How many will give Obama anything higher than an F?

Sarah Palin was more inspiring

Doesn't bode well for Ryan

Gee, a leftie that wasn't impressed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBTpjkPiVyg]shocked face.m4v - YouTube[/ame]

Lets see how our board conservatives act next week

How many will give Obama anything higher than an F?

no idea how I'll grade him until I hear his speech.

If all I hare is 'Bush's fault'... 'Hope and change'... 'look at all the wonderful things I did'... etc., then his marks will not likely be very high.

I'd like to get in on that. I bet someone at the DNC convention blames Bush for something.

GM ain't so alive....kinda makes you wonder about Bin Laden.

yeah, Obama should hang his hat on that one...

General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again
President Obama is proud of his bailout of General Motors. That’s good, because, if he wins a second term, he is probably going to have to bail GM out again.
Right now, the federal government owns 500,000,000 shares of GM, or about 26% of the company. It would need to get about $53.00/share for these to break even on the bailout, but the stock closed at only $20.21/share on Tuesday. This left the government holding $10.1 billion worth of stock, and sitting on an unrealized loss of $16.4 billion.

Right now, the government’s GM stock is worth about 39% less than it was on November 17, 2010, when the company went public at $33.00/share. However, during the intervening time, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has risen by almost 20%, so GM shares have lost 49% of their value relative to the Dow.

“The game isn’t over until it’s over”, but if President Obama wins reelection, he should probably start giving some serious thought to how he is going to justify bailing out GM, and its unionized UAW workforce, yet again. And, during the current campaign, Obama might want to be a little more modest about what he actually achieved by bailing out GM the first time.

Do you think anyone believes that? You said it because it is a simple throw-away lie. You do not have a bet with a friend that someone will blame Bush. Did you think saying that would impress someone?

Who cares what you believe ?

I mean, since when has anyone taken you seriously ?

Who cares what you believe ?

I mean, since when has anyone taken you seriously ?

You care. Why did you feel the need to tell that silly little lie?

Ryan Rocks !

It will be great to have a duo who will actually be concerned about the future generations of this nation.

Condie Rice was great.

Pawlenty...well.

Christie....great.

Martinez....a great story

Haley.....super

All these rock stars in the GOP.

What will the dems offer up ?

Sandra Fluke. She's gonna rock the place.

:doubt: :doubt: :doubt:

As compared to Obama's "you didn't build that" speech?

November is coming!

Sure go ahead

Start by showing where businesses built any roads or bridges

Not a problem.

We'll go the easements they fund and the taxes they pay and you'll have your needs met.

Until then, you better call the suicide watch.......I've recommended it to several of my liberal friends (who are infinitely more aware than you) who know Obama is going under.

I hope they bring those columns back to remind everyone what a sales job he did on them in CO.

Is that your best?

You think the pittance that businesses pay in anyway pay for all the roads and infrastructure they benefit from?

I give you 12 hours to throw Romney under the bus after his substantial loss. That is about how long it took with McCain

Forum List

Back