Rise Of Anti-Marijuana Fascism:

Yes, but using that logic alcohol should be illegal as well, and we know how that worked out. It's the crimes themselves that should be punished, not the drug use. If I attack somebody I can be charged with assault, and it shouldn't matter whether I'm high on bath salts or not.

Nope.............sorry............meth and bath salts are much more dangerous than alcohol.

However............on the legalization of plants issue? I DO believe that if legalized, the legal age to have or consume those substances should be 21.

Why? Because the brain isn't fully developed until you're around 18.

I've been to bars, and I've seen the violence and property destruction that can occur when people get drunk. If the argument is that meth and bath salts lead to violence and property destruction, and should therefore be illegal, then the same logic applies to alcohol regardless of whether it leads to more or less. The point is that it does lead to violence and property destruction. So it should be illegal.

Actually, I worked for over 4 years at a biker bar here in Amarillo called Boondocks. Yes, while there were people that got rowdy and such, but, in the time I was there, I only saw 2 fights total with alcohol. But then again, that's because we had a pretty decent staff who would stop big problems before they started.

However, seeing people on meth, and yeah, some did come to the bar on occasion, they'd be jumpy, anxious and looking to start stuff. Those people were shown the door pretty quickly.

Oh............there was even a little smoking area out back for those that partook of the herbal stuff. Know what? Pot smokers tip better and are much nicer than even those who are drinking.

Nope.............sorry............meth and bath salts are much more dangerous than alcohol.

However............on the legalization of plants issue? I DO believe that if legalized, the legal age to have or consume those substances should be 21.

I've been to bars, and I've seen the violence and property destruction that can occur when people get drunk. If the argument is that meth and bath salts lead to violence and property destruction, and should therefore be illegal, then the same logic applies to alcohol regardless of whether it leads to more or less. The point is that it does lead to violence and property destruction. So it should be illegal.

Actually, I worked for over 4 years at a biker bar here in Amarillo called Boondocks. Yes, while there were people that got rowdy and such, but, in the time I was there, I only saw 2 fights total with alcohol. But then again, that's because we had a pretty decent staff who would stop big problems before they started.

However, seeing people on meth, and yeah, some did come to the bar on occasion, they'd be jumpy, anxious and looking to start stuff. Those people were shown the door pretty quickly.

Oh............there was even a little smoking area out back for those that partook of the herbal stuff. Know what? Pot smokers tip better and are much nicer than even those who are drinking.

The point is that alcohol does cause people to act violently, and if that's a reason that meth should be banned, then it should apply to alcohol as well. One being worse than the other is irrelevant.

I am pleased to see an enthusiastic exchange on this important topic and I hope the same level of energy is expended to tell Obama what you think of his administration's treatment of the marijuana issue.

A copy of your communication will be helpful if posted here and will encourage others to do the same -- and it will keep this thread alive.

Thanks.

Obama's email address: [email protected]

(Every little bit helps!)

Anti-marijuana fascism..

PFFFTTT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

Flipping dopers.

I am pleased to see an enthusiastic exchange on this important topic and I hope the same level of energy is expended to tell Obama what you think of his administration's treatment of the marijuana issue.

A copy of your communication will be helpful if posted here and will encourage others to do the same -- and it will keep this thread alive.

Thanks.

You would think Obama would be for your cause - given his past drug history....................

Thanks.

You would think Obama would be for your cause - given his past drug history....................
Of course you're right -- and he should be reminded of that. Many thousands of Americans have been arrested and had their futures ruined for doing nothing more than he did. He knows that and he does nothing about it and he should know it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Anti-marijuana fascism..

Flipping dopers.
Marijuana prohibition wastes billions of dollars annually, it ruins millions of lives and serves absolutely no purpose aside from promoting the interests of the liquor and pharmaceutical industries and the law-enforcement business. And in spite of the Reefer Madness propaganda planted in the minds of some Americans, obviously including you, marijuana is quite benign in comparison to beverage alcohol and tobacco.

You need to educate yourself and move into the light. Marijuana prohibition is opposed to the interests of the Nation and it serves no positive or useful purpose. It needs to be repealed.

The marijuana agenda went to hell when NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws), shifted its gears from "decriminalization" to "legalization". Big mistake.

In Ought- '75, at my behest, our university's entertainment board invited Kieth Stroup to speak on campus. I had dinner with the guy, introduced him to a sold out crowd, and got stoned off my ass with him at an after-party. Drove him back to his hotel at which time he asked me to head up a local NORML chapter. Did that, done that.

Over the years, NORML lost focus and went off the deep end, calling for "legalization".
BTW Stroup got wrapped up in some ugly shit and was thrown to the gutter.

Anyway- they should never have gone there. It was a step backwards- not forward.

Which brings us to the present-day screwed up situation.

You don't leap-frog into a territorial era without first conquering your initial agenda.

And now... you know the rest of the story.

Anti-marijuana fascism..

Flipping dopers.
Marijuana prohibition wastes billions of dollars annually, it ruins millions of lives and serves absolutely no purpose aside from promoting the interests of the liquor and pharmaceutical industries and the law-enforcement business. And in spite of the Reefer Madness propaganda planted in the minds of some Americans, obviously including you, marijuana is quite benign in comparison to beverage alcohol and tobacco.

You need to educate yourself and move into the light. Marijuana prohibition is opposed to the interests of the Nation and it serves no positive or useful purpose. It needs to be repealed.

Meh.

I got news for you Mike. It didn't start under Obama, it started back in 1939 with an FBI agent named Anslinger who used marijuana as a way to lock up all the black and brown people, because they were the main consumers.

Combine that with the propaganda film he had Hollywood make? You've got pretty much the same fascist tactics that Hitler used.

Lets not leave out Hearst, and his racist and business interests, as well as the other industries of that and this time. Besides oil (including ethanol production!) and paper products, there is every other textile imaginable, as well as the pharmaceutic industry that would have to compete in a truly free market.

The marijuana agenda went to hell when NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws), shifted its gears from "decriminalization" to "legalization". Big mistake.

In Ought- '75, at my behest, our university's entertainment board invited Kieth Stroup to speak on campus. I had dinner with the guy, introduced him to a sold out crowd, and got stoned off my ass with him at an after-party. Drove him back to his hotel at which time he asked me to head up a local NORML chapter. Did that, done that.

Over the years, NORML lost focus and went off the deep end, calling for "legalization".
BTW Stroup got wrapped up in some ugly shit and was thrown to the gutter.

Anyway- they should never have gone there. It was a step backwards- not forward.

Which brings us to the present-day screwed up situation.

You don't leap-frog into a territorial era without first conquering your initial agenda.

And now... you know the rest of the story.
Yes, I do. And you're absolutely right.

Staying with the small, quiet first step was the way to go. Coming out for full legalization was too loud, too brazen, too aggressive. A big mistake.

Last edited:

The head of the police in Amsterdam said that they do not have problems with the British football hooligans because of cannabis.

Forum List

Back