RIP Jewels

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Jewels was our teacup Chihuahua that my daughter gave to us 11 years ago. She was a tiny 2 lb. girl. She was fun and cute and had a real personality.

She wouldn't be anything special to anyone, but she was a part of our family.

I didn't think her death would be so tough on us.

Jewels was our teacup Chihuahua that my daughter gave to us 11 years ago. She was a tiny 2 lb. girl. She was fun and cute and had a real personality.

I'm sorry for your loss. I think most people who have had a pet can relate to how it hurts. They really are a huge part of the family.

Sad to hear...but 11 years old for a small dog isn't very old...health problems?

If death isn't hard on people there's something seriously wrong with them.

Sad to hear...but 11 years old for a small dog isn't very old...health problems?

She did have health issues, she was so small, taking care of her teeth was a real issue, then she had breathing issues because her trachea was so long and narrow, her heart was also weak. She was way to small, I would have never bought her, however my daughter bought her, brought her over one day and didn't want her anymore. She was 18 and did not think it through, so I was already attached and took her.

She weighed less than two lbs. six inches long. That is entirely to small for a house pet. But my wife and I loved her.

love is love...simple as that...sorry for the loss....she knew she was loved....that is all one can do

The last few days, my wife and I held her most of the time, except at night, we were worried we'd roll over and crush her or she'd fall off the bed.

sorry to hear that

sorry to hear that
Typical me, I've been lurking the political threads here for years and my first comment is on the loss of a beloved pet. I'm sorry about your loss. I'm sure Jewels had a great life.

Thank you, I still can't believe that I continue to weep over her loss. I always have told myself, it's just an animal and every time I get overwhelmed with emotion for months.

I don't want another pet, these losses are to tough, what does everyone else think.?

Thank you, I still can't believe that I continue to weep over her loss. I always have told myself, it's just an animal and every time I get overwhelmed with emotion for months.

I don't want another pet, these losses are to tough, what does everyone else think.?
My pug dog's days are numbered. I can't imagine life without her. She has cancer. We never had children so we dote on her. I too think I'm done with dogs. I have cats too and I love them dearly but a dog's love is different and more deep. I've always read that pets are little ticking time bombs of pain, sometimes I agree with that.

Sorry for your loss.

Its the price we pay for allowing animals into our lives. You know what? I would never be without a dog even though losing that dog is a heartbreaker.

Jewel will always be in your heart. Right where she belongs.

Forum List

Back