RIP Jeff Beck

Meningitis? Seriously??

I always dug Jeff Beck and ALL the Yardbirds, Clapton kind of being my #1. Jeff was one of those that was just too progressive for most of my friends who were more about orthodox classic rock than the fusion stuff Jeff did....but personally I thought he was great! That's coming from a guy whose first CD back around 1990 or so was the Chick Corea Electric Band, if you know what I mean. On my phone I actually have an album Beck did with Jan Hammer. I think I'll listen to it tonight.

RIP, Jeff.
Who loves ya, baby?

His jazz stuff was his best, and the least popular, ironically.
I knew of him back in the early days when he played with the Yardbirds, and just recently started listening to some of his jazz fusion. He was was an enduring and versatile talent and will be missed.

I remember when the local K-Mart sold that album as a cutout for $2.57
I had that album along with several other Beck albums. I played it over and over. Almost every tune in it was good.

Back in 1980 at university, several buddies and I got back to my place after attending a party. At around 2am I put on Goin’ Down and cranked it to 10. We still talk about moment today. It sounded amazing.

I'm just tore up. It was all so sudden. I met Jeff back stage in 1975 at the Stanley Theater when he and McLaughlin were touring together, and we've stayed in contact ever since. Jeff was one of the true pioneers of fuzz guitar and the electronification of rock guitar. I don't know what else to say. My heart goes out to Sandra.
Just curious, where's the Stanley?

Forum List

Back