RIP: Ecotality

kenf

Rookie
Jul 12, 2011
New York, NY
Another govt funded greentech goes bust.
I happen to believe in free market economics and that while the govt can nurture development, ultimately it should stay out and not be handing over money directly. Never seems to work out, would love to be proven wrong.

I happen to believe in free market economics and that while the govt can nurture development, ultimately it should stay out and not be handing over money directly. Never seems to work out, would love to be proven wrong.

There's nothing in your link about anyone going bust.

The company received a 100 million dollar grant from the Hussein administration in a stimulus package a couple of years ago to manufacture chargers for electric cars or some other techno-eco crap. Now that the money is all gone "Ecotality" has filed for bankruptcy.

I agree.

The link didn't tell me anything about Pace's financial condition. Further, I couldn't find anything on the Internet which indicated Pace was going bust. To the contrary, it appears that Pace is on a pace (pun clearly intended) to greatly increase the number of charging stations.

The company received a 100 million dollar grant from the Hussein administration in a stimulus package a couple of years ago to manufacture chargers for electric cars or some other techno-eco crap. Now that the money is all gone "Ecotality" has filed for bankruptcy.

What is the relationship between Pace and ECOtality? I thought they were two separate companies.

I agree.

The link didn't tell me anything about Pace's financial condition. Further, I couldn't find anything on the Internet which indicated Pace was going bust. To the contrary, it appears that Pace is on a pace (pun clearly intended) to greatly increase the number of charging stations.
...is his sigline. It's not part of the post.

Rosen Law Firm Reminds ECOtality, Inc. Investors of Important Class Action Deadline -- ECTY - MarketWatch
According to the lawsuit, Defendants made misleading statements or failed to disclose that: (1) the Company was facing an impending shutdown of funds from its contract with the US Department of Energy ("DOE"); (2) the Company was inappropriately recognizing revenue and drawing down expenses on its contract with DOE; (3) the Company's products contained significant design and manufacturing defects; (4) the Company lacked adequate internal controls over financial reporting; and, (5) as a result of the foregoing, the Company's statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.
Incompetent, corrupt, unworkable. Yep, just another typical Obama-funded green energy company.

green energy is gay

Hundreds of millions wasted while the autistic population I serve is experiencing a 6% cut in services. Just the way the green whack jobs like it!!

Last edited:

I agree.

Thanks for the answer.

Dear God, I must be losing it.

But Ecotality IS mentioned on the linked page. Ken should have clarified when it became a question. Naughty, naughty Ken. ;-)

I agree.

Thanks for the answer.

Dear God, I must be losing it.
No worries. :)

But Ecotality IS mentioned on the linked page. Ken should have clarified when it became a question. Naughty, naughty Ken. ;-)

We know whatt u are implying here. I hope 2 god that the govt starts favorinng ur competition. See how snarky u are about making conflict of interest charges after u get apersonal taste of govt corporate collusion.

Forum List

Back