RIP Big Man

Saxophone great and heart of the E Street Band, Clarence Clemons died this afternoon after suffering a massive stroke earlier in the week. Brucemsaid inma statement that his loss is "immeasurable".

Heaven just got a great sax man

Damn, this is the first I have heard of his passing. A great, great loss!

Saxophone treatment heart of the E Street Band, Clarence Clemons died this afternoon after suffering a massive stroke earlier in the week. Brucem said in a statement that his loss is "immeasurable".

The only instrument I was ever good at was the sax.

A loss for all...but the sax still lives.

We were at dinner with friends when I got a phone call from a guy I've known since college. He wanted to know if I was okay. I didn't know at that point that Clarence had died.

Ten minutes later, I got a text from another friend

Saxophone treatment heart of the E Street Band, Clarence Clemons died this afternoon after suffering a massive stroke earlier in the week. Brucem said in a statement that his loss is "immeasurable".

My 13 year old son plays sax. I wish he had seen Clarence play live

There might be a video of him out there. Find it and play it for your boy.

Now you have got me thinking...

There might be a video of him out there. Find it and play it for your boy.

Now you have got me thinking...

he's seen video and he saw him do the super bowl with bruce. but when they closed giants stadium, i had tickets in the pit and was 5 rows away from clarence. he'd have loved it, but he didn't want to go. (you know how 12 year olds can be). but just yesterday, he asked me to get him the music for the sax part in 10th avenue freezeout... i was very proud. but i'm very sorry all that incredible music the big man made is only a memory now.

Sad one, still he made a good living doing what he loved and others loved him doing it, a life well lived.

"All my life, you're a friend of mine."

Nothing better than good sax, now there's one less...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0blPx9YbJKI]YouTube - ‪Rock & Roll Heaven - The Righteous Brothers‬‏[/ame]

his latest work was on this song.

solo at about 3:05

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWBS0JBNzQ&feature=topvideos_music]YouTube - ‪Lady Gaga - The Edge Of Glory‬‏[/ame]

It is with overwhelming sadness that we inform our friends and fans that at 7:00 tonight, Saturday, June 18, our beloved friend and bandmate, Clarence Clemons passed away. The cause was complications from his stroke of last Sunday, June 12th.

Bruce Springsteen said of Clarence: Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years. He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band.

Bruce Springsteen News: brucespringsteen.net

God must have needed a new Saxophone player

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiXRLGD-CVs]YouTube - ‪In Memory of Clarence Clemons - by Ava Lemert‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back