Rioters in Philly Are Black, Mayor/NAACP Admit

There is no denying that blacks are disproportionately represented as attackers. The Mayor of Philadelphia is trying to find a way to stop black young people from engaging in these attacks. But, they are not exclusively attacks by blacks. So something is going on other than saying it's a black problem.
Not in Philly my friend, it's a black problem.

Kevin Klass was beaten to death by four middle eastern men, the murder took place not far from the liberty bell.

SMSgt hit the issue squarely. This behavior is tolerated. The Mayor is begging, pleading. That isn't going to help. Mayor Nutter is appealing to parents to exercise parental authority. That's useless. If there was any kind of parental authority this would never happen.

Do what Guliani did in New York, start at the very beginnings of behavior and withdraw permission and tolerance. Have the mother of all crackdowns on ALL anti social behavior. Start throwing guys in jail for wearing saggy pants. Crack down all along the line. Create armed neighborhood patrols with firearm training. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
The world is full of black folks. murka is full of fucking *******.
If you want the parents to take control, begin here.:cool:

Attachments

• $Jokes Find your Daddy.jpg
    $Jokes Find your Daddy.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 62
One initiative that Nutter said he hopes will be a "major game-changer" simply involves cash: $20,000 for tips that lead to the arrest and conviction of a murder suspect, and $500 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of thugs who carry or sell illegal guns.

"To every criminal out there, I just put a $20,000 bounty on your head," Nutter said. "We are coming for you. We will find you. People will give up that information."

The mayor said he had set aside $500,000 in the city's budget to fund the reward program.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah, Philly has a problem, no doubt about that.

Always did, really, although its obviously much worse than ever.

My father was raised in Philly, and I was raised about 60 miles North of the City of Brotherly love.

Back in the 50's, other than organized crime (the mafia basically ran the town's gambing and prostitution ) there was no crime in Easton PA.

Now, that town and the surrounding towns are crime ridden as the gangs fight for control over their new territories.

And then of course there's a lot of street crimes and convenience stores knocked off,

I go down to PA now and hardly recognize the place.

Between people moving in from NYC (90 miles to the east), and people moving in from Philly, Eastern PA is no longer really safe.

I saw a guy on one of the morning shows say that there have been more people killed in Philly than US soldiers in Iraq. I haven't been able to confirm those numbers, but it is frightening nonetheless. I worry about my boys every day.

I saw a guy on one of the morning shows say that there have been more people killed in Philly than US soldiers in Iraq. I haven't been able to confirm those numbers, but it is frightening nonetheless. I worry about my boys every day.

What schools do they go to?

Some neighborhoods are much safer than others, obviously.

This is one way to start realistically dealing with the issue.

Cops: Man, 65, kills teen who knocks him off bicycle - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

"There was one juvenile who was shot and is deceased [and] another juvenile who was shot and is in surgery," Police Chief Jed Habecker said, according to a report by the WFMZ-TV station.

According to police, the 65-year-old was riding his bicycle when the teens knocked him to the ground, the station said.

Police said two teens then assaulted the man, who drew his gun and shot them.

The man was released by police after they consulted with District Attorney John Adams late Wednesday, WFMZ reported.

What schools do they go to?

Some neighborhoods are much safer than others, obviously.

One at Drexel - he's on campus and right next to U of Penn. Nice neighborhood.

One at Temple - off campus in the hood. He parks his car at school which is about a two block walk. And he works part time at a radio station at 4 am. That freaks me out. He's out walking to his car at 3:30 in the morning. I'm almost at the point where I say "Eff the Parking Authority. Park right in front of your house. I'll pay the tickets." I do expect to see him on "Parking Wars" one of these days. :eusa_eh:

Chanel, i know the streets well were you Son is, isn't there parking on the street there.

Only 2 hr parking during the day. But he just told me he's been moving his car in the evening, when he has to work. That's a big relief.

This stuff gets me so upset.

In a horrific assault in Center City Saturday night, three teenagers who were spouting off racial slurs pulled a man out of a cab to beat him and when the cab driver intervened to stop the assault, the teens turned their rage on him, according to police.

Despite being outnumbered, the cabbie was able to grab a tire iron from his trunk at which time the teens ran away. The taxi driver was able to flag down a nearby officer and all three boys were arrested and charged as juveniles with aggravated assault and related offenses.

Police said the three teens were black and the cabbie and passenger were white. Police did not immediately know if the teens would or could face hate crime charges.

Cops: Teens beat cabbie and passenger | PhillyConfidential | 01/29/2012

Hey silkcity - what do you think of this? Do you think Nutter may want to give it a try?
The broken windows theory is a criminological theory of the norm setting and signaling effect of urban disorder and vandalism on additional crime and anti-social behavior. The theory states that monitoring and maintaining urban environments in a well-ordered condition may stop further vandalism as well as an escalation into more serious crime.

The theory was introduced in a 1982 article by social scientists James Q. Wilson and George L. Kelling. Since then it has been subject to great debate both within the social sciences and in the public debate. The theory has been used as a motivation for several reforms in criminal policy.

The broken windows theory has received support from several empirical studies. At the same time it has also been the subject of a large body of criticism.

In 1990, William J. Bratton became head of the New York City Transit Police. Bratton described George L. Kelling as his "intellectual mentor", and implemented zero tolerance of fare-dodging, easier arrestee processing methods and background checks on all those arrested. Republican Mayor Rudy Giuliani and his police commissioner Howard Safir also adopted the strategy more widely in New York City after Giuliani's election in 1993, under the rubrics of "zero tolerance" and "quality of life".

Thus, Giuliani's "zero-tolerance" roll out was part of an interlocking set of wider reforms, crucial parts of which had been underway since 1985. Giuliani had the police more strictly enforce the law against subway fare evasion, public drinking, urination, and the "squeegee men" who had been wiping windshields of stopped cars and demanding payment. According to the 2001 study of crime trends in New York by George Kelling and William Sousa,[3] rates of both petty and serious crime fell suddenly and significantly, and continued to drop for the following ten years.

Broken windows theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sadly Philly has been a nighmare since at least the 60s.

Most of my father's family moved out because of the crime and racial tension.

Too much poverty entrenched in that town, folks.

Too many poor young Black boys with no real hope except to make a living selling drugs and gangbanging.

Sadly Philly has been a nighmare since at least the 60s.

Most of my father's family moved out because of the crime and racial tension.

Too much poverty entrenched in that town, folks.

Too many poor young Black boys with no real hope except to make a living selling drugs and gangbanging.
Please, not even going to waste my time responding to that pack of shit. Every section of my city thrives, except for the sections they rule

Hey silkcity - what do you think of this? Do you think Nutter may want to give it a try?
The broken windows theory is a criminological theory of the norm setting and signaling effect of urban disorder and vandalism on additional crime and anti-social behavior. The theory states that monitoring and maintaining urban environments in a well-ordered condition may stop further vandalism as well as an escalation into more serious crime.

The theory was introduced in a 1982 article by social scientists James Q. Wilson and George L. Kelling. Since then it has been subject to great debate both within the social sciences and in the public debate. The theory has been used as a motivation for several reforms in criminal policy.

The broken windows theory has received support from several empirical studies. At the same time it has also been the subject of a large body of criticism.
In 1990, William J. Bratton became head of the New York City Transit Police. Bratton described George L. Kelling as his "intellectual mentor", and implemented zero tolerance of fare-dodging, easier arrestee processing methods and background checks on all those arrested. Republican Mayor Rudy Giuliani and his police commissioner Howard Safir also adopted the strategy more widely in New York City after Giuliani's election in 1993, under the rubrics of "zero tolerance" and "quality of life".

Thus, Giuliani's "zero-tolerance" roll out was part of an interlocking set of wider reforms, crucial parts of which had been underway since 1985. Giuliani had the police more strictly enforce the law against subway fare evasion, public drinking, urination, and the "squeegee men" who had been wiping windshields of stopped cars and demanding payment. According to the 2001 study of crime trends in New York by George Kelling and William Sousa,[3] rates of both petty and serious crime fell suddenly and significantly, and continued to drop for the following ten years.

Broken windows theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chanel, I think that's a great idea, there has to be something done to stop these urban terrorists. Is your son on the East side or west side of Broad

He's at 15th and Diamond. But he told me last night he's moving to Girard and Broad??? (I think)

Some of his Temple friends came for dinner last night, and they are N. Jerseyans. They love Nutter, but also loved Giuliani. We discussed how it's still possible to turn the city around, just like NY. Besides the lower crime rate, they said NYC is so much cleaner. They are not fans of Phila. public works.

Forum List

Back