RINO vs CINO

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
What the two really are.

RINO came about back when most republicans were actually fiscal conservatives. Keeping a close watch on the debt. And helping the Fed ensure the value of the USD remain high and stable.
Then big spending Republicans like Reagan were getting elected, who didn't care much about the debt and USD value. These people were deemed RINO's by their conservative counterparts.
The RINO's continued to gain momentum because the debt increases and the over inflation of the USD were incremental. It didn't hurt so bad. The government pumping all that new money into the economy did make things look good for a while. And when inflation hit (from all the new money), the people and businesses were able to adjust.
None the less, the cycles continued until the value of the USD was in the crapper. Fast forward to today, $32 trillion in new money just since the 70's. Average wage of Americans is $20hr, gas $3.50 per gallon. Average houses costing $150,000+. And the worst part of it is millions of jobs have left this country because they simply couldn't afford to pay an average American wage and still compete. It's either make a crappy product and go out of business. Or outsource to China.

The acronym should be CINO. Conservative in name only. Because there's very few actual conservatives in the GOP now. But they all "identify" as conservatives. The media helps continue that lie.

In 1980, Trump & McCarthy would both be considered a RINO. And so would about 90% of our elected Republicans.

My congressman and both my Arkansas senators are CINO's.

Most self described conservatives, arent conservative at all.
Just like liberals.
Neither word has much meaning now.

That word and it's meaning has been bothering me lately. I know what I'm saying & meaning when I refer to someone as a liberal. But I also know what words has been taken out of context just as RINO has.

These words and acronyms need to be defined and used properly. ATM they're only thrown out there as lies and meant to mislead people.

Someone pointed out the other day that the acronym RINO, today, is simply a republican who doesn't support Trump. That seems to be pretty much the popular meaning. So the question begs, do we need to come up with a different word that means what RINO used to mean?

Websters definition of Liberal isn't accurate. Or is it?
'Liberal' shares a root with 'liberty' and can mean anything from "generous" to "loose" to "broad-minded." Politically, it means "“a person who believes that government should be active in supporting social and political change."

That word and it's meaning has been bothering me lately. I know what I'm saying & meaning when I refer to someone as a liberal. But I also know what words has been taken out of context just as RINO has.

These words and acronyms need to be defined and used properly. ATM they're only thrown out there as lies and meant to mislead people.

Someone pointed out the other day that the acronym RINO, today, is simply a republican who doesn't support Trump. That seems to be pretty much the popular meaning. So the question begs, do we need to come up with a different word that means what RINO used to mean?

Websters definition of Liberal isn't accurate. Or is it?
'Liberal' shares a root with 'liberty' and can mean anything from "generous" to "loose" to "broad-minded." Politically, it means "“a person who believes that government should be active in supporting social and political change."
It isnt accurate. The took the word liberal and changed the meaning to the exact opposite. Doesnt mean its right.
Same as self proclaimed conservatives supporting 2nd amendment attacks, "woke" economic policies and huge deficits.

Forum List

Back