Right Wing Radio Host Calls For Terrorist Attack on NYC

We've had quite enough terrorist attacks..

Fat chance. The President, not a right wing Denver talk show host, said you can absorb another terrorist attack.

Indeed. Obama misses the point of avoiding that situation in the first place. And it was a very cold, cavalier thing to say when speaking of the lives of citizens.

No I'm cool, but was that offensive to say that? I dont understand what's wrong with that statement

Is it offensive to suggest the possibility of thousands more American civilians dying, with the rest of us acting like nothing happened?

Dude stop it. There are plenty of legit reasons to knock Obama, But what he said about absorbing an attack is not one of them.

he was saying nothing more than we are strong, and no terrorist attack is going to bring us down.

Who else but him talks so blythely about the loss of American life, besides Ward Churchill, that is?

Do you think the families of those who died on 9/11 feel "absorbed" just yet?

How soon does that happen?

If he's right, you're dead.

No I'm cool, but was that offensive to say that? I dont understand what's wrong with that statement

Is it offensive to suggest the possibility of thousands more American civilians dying, with the rest of us acting like nothing happened?

What? I didnt mention anyone dying dude....Chill out. I'm just asking because you posted it like it was offensive to say that or like it was a bad thing. If you dont know why you posted it...cool, but I thought I would ask

We've had quite enough terrorist attacks..

Fat chance. The President, not a right wing Denver talk show host, said you can absorb another terrorist attack.
This line of reasoning is identical to what I heard regularly when I covered the Bush White House. Moreover, it was the realism of Liz Cheney's father, former Vice President Dick Cheney, who said: "We have to assume there will be more attacks. And for the first time in our history, we will probably suffer more casualties here at home in America than will our troops overseas."

I remember being a little shocked at how brutal the calculus was when I heard officials in Cheney's office involved in the national response to terrorism say that they had to focus their energy first on "mass casualty" events. What were they talking about? The same thing the president was: a nuclear attack or one that used a weapon of mass destruction.
What Obama Meant When He Said America Can "Absorb" a Terrorist Attack - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

That's not the same as "we can absorb another attack."

What? I didnt mention anyone dying dude....Chill out. I'm just asking because you posted it like it was offensive to say that or like it was a bad thing. If you dont know why you posted it...cool, but I thought I would ask

We'll be attacked and no one will die?

Maybe of the rest of them result in incompetently lit fuses.

We'll be attacked and no one will die?

Maybe of the rest of them result in incompetently lit fuses.

Sorry I asked you a question Mysterio

Dude stop it. There are plenty of legit reasons to knock Obama, But what he said about absorbing an attack is not one of them.

he was saying nothing more than we are strong, and no terrorist attack is going to bring us down.

Who else but him talks so blythely about the loss of American life, besides Ward Churchill, that is?

Absorbed was a bad choice of words, but what he was saying was nothing new, nor was it controversial.

Or do you think we can not take another attack and come out stronger just like we did with 9/11?

At it's core all he was saying is we are a strong Nation and Terrorist attacks are not going to change that.

I disagree with 99% of what the man says, I just do not see the point of bashing him over that comment. Takes the spot light of other things we should be bashing him for.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Absorbed was a bad choice of words, but what he was saying was nothing new, nor was it controversial.

Or do you think we can not take another attack and come out stronger just like we did with 9/11?

At it's core all he was saying is we are a strong Nation and Terrorist attacks are not going to change that.

I disagree with 99% of what the man says, I just do not see the point of bashing him over that comment. Takes the spot light of other things we should be bashing him for.

Nobody walked back "absorbed."

And I disagree with you. If OWEbama has said something stupid, then he deserves to be called on it, period. I don't get this notion that just because he's fucked us royal that now we have to cherry pick what we can criticize him for.

And I disagree with you. If OWEbama has said something stupid, then he deserves to be called on it, period. I don't get this notion that just because he's fucked us royal that now we have to cherry pick what we can criticize him for.

Well have to disagree than because I do not see what was so stupid about what he said.

the point being, just becauase he worded it "stupidly" doesnt change the fact we would respond to it and be stronger for it

Well have to disagree than because I do not see what was so stupid about what he said.
just the wording of it

Fine. I do. It was a piss poor choice of a word, and that's the point. Take away his teleprompter and the fucker is a dumb as a brick.

Last edited:

the point being, just becauase he worded it "stupidly" doesnt change the fact we would respond to it and be stronger for it

That's not even what I'm debating. I'm not going to have someone here tell me I can't criticize obama for what I see as a fuck up.

Fine. I do. It was a piss poor choice of a word, and that's the point. Take away his teleprompter and the fucker is a dumb as a brick.

Cheney said the same thing, wasn't that stupid?

Forum List

Back