Right wing philistines

Do those whining about art history really want to learn about the classical old masters. Old WHITE masters. Or even modernists like Pollock, Dali or Picasso? Of course not.

As that seems to be the only kind of art you can identify belies your lack of education in art history.

You miss the point in spectacular fashion. The state schools should provide opportunities that poorer parents cannot afford. We all benefit from that.
The vast majority of state schools weren't teaching it - too elitist - so it's the fault of their own inverted snobbery. Philistines!
Bollocks. They probably couldnt afford it. Its the same with Latin and Greek. Appreciation of Art is not a preserve of the rich.
It isn't a preserve of the rich, but far too many leftards consider it such. Only about 18 state schools were offering the subject, so they only have themselves to blame that it's now going. 90+% of state schools and students won't be missing it as they weren't allowed to opt for it in the first place. Sucks being an inverted Snob and envious lefty, sucks for the kids.
You are just making a case for more funding.
No, I'm making a case for prioritising. That's what you have to do with finite resources. Most schools decided the equivalent of basket weaving and navel gazing were more worthy of their budget and of producing more ignorant lefties in their own mold.. Sucks, but there you go.
I am not aware that basket weaving or navel gazing are actual subjects that you can study. Perhaps you could point us to where these courses are taught ?

The vast majority of state schools weren't teaching it - too elitist - so it's the fault of their own inverted snobbery. Philistines!
Bollocks. They probably couldnt afford it. Its the same with Latin and Greek. Appreciation of Art is not a preserve of the rich.
It isn't a preserve of the rich, but far too many leftards consider it such. Only about 18 state schools were offering the subject, so they only have themselves to blame that it's now going. 90+% of state schools and students won't be missing it as they weren't allowed to opt for it in the first place. Sucks being an inverted Snob and envious lefty, sucks for the kids.
No, I'm making a case for prioritising. That's what you have to do with finite resources. Most schools decided the equivalent of basket weaving and navel gazing were more worthy of their budget and of producing more ignorant lefties in their own mold.. Sucks, but there you go.
I am not aware that basket weaving or navel gazing are actual subjects that you can study. Perhaps you could point us to where these courses are taught ?
So you don't understand the phrase 'the equivalent of'. Oh well. It's that crap lefty state education you received. No wonder you are always so envious :)

Last edited:
So you don't understand the phrase 'the equivalent of'. Oh well. It's that crap lefty state education you received :)
Give some examples you stupid slag.

So you don't understand the phrase 'the equivalent of'. Oh well. It's that crap lefty state education you received :)
Your lack of education and class is showing yet again. Tut tut, boyo :)

His whole argument is that no one gave him the education that he wanted. See education is like an apple. If no one gives you an apple, you will never in your life have an apple because you are too fucking stupid or lazy to climb the tree and get one.

His whole argument is that no one gave him the education that he wanted. See education is like an apple. If no one gives you an apple, you will never in your life have an apple because you are too fucking stupid or lazy to climb the tree and get one.
Tammy is nothing if not bitter and jealous about everyone whom he perceives to have done better than him.

What argument am I making other than kids should have a lot of opportunities. Thats obviously over your head as a graduate of bozo school.

Tammy is nothing if not bitter and jealous about everyone whom he perceives to have done better than him.
Deflect away you nazi slag. Im off to find some popcorn.

Deflect away you nazi slag. Im off to find some popcorn.
You see, this is your problem, Tammy. No self discipline. You didn't have it in order to make something more of yourself during your formative years, hence your bitterness and envy, and you don't have it now - stuffing your face with popcorn when you are such an obese lardass already :eusa_naughty: sigh.

IMG_1514.JPG

What argument am I making other than kids should have a lot of opportunities. Thats obviously over your head as a graduate of bozo school.
Get your own opportunities. Get off your lazy ass and read a book. Stop expecting someone to give you an opportunity. No wonder children are such spineless cupcakes.

Last art history A-level axed after Michael Gove cull of 'soft' subjects

Its a British story but I think it applies across the world.

Apparently we dont need to know about the history of art anymore. It obviously doesnt feed the corporate machine like more "relevant" subjects such as maths or computing.

What sort of world view is this ?

Creative people help explain our world and we should encourage them.
then send your kids to the type of art they want to learn, after school.

oh, you want other people to pay for it?

tough shit
I couldnt invent a better example of ignorance. Thank you.
so you want schools to teach what you want them to, not what the kid wants to learn.

something private classes would guarantee.

you're such a fool and don't even know it
You miss the point in spectacular fashion. The state schools should provide opportunities that poorer parents cannot afford. We all benefit from that.
no we don't

most artist get by by getting a job and not selling their art

tough shit
so you want schools to teach what you want them to, not what the kid wants to learn.

something private classes would guarantee.

you're such a fool and don't even know it
Britain doesn't have a public library system?

Get a fucking book and read it.
Our libraries are also under threat from our fuckwit government who are closing them down at an accelerated rate. Of course reading in a library is no substitute for a structured course. Where did you pick up your limited education ?
Lincoln taught himself to be a lawyer.

many famous authors have limited classroom time but got books as gifts.

Apparently we dont need to know about the history of art anymore. It obviously doesnt feed the corporate machine like more "relevant" subjects such as maths or computing.

tough shit

/\/\/\ This is the American attitude nowadays, and it's why we're worse off. "Other people in society don't affect society. So fuck em'. I got mine."
I earn mine, so why should I be forced to pay for ignorant shit that isn't going to get anyone a real job?

tough shit

/\/\/\ This is the American attitude nowadays, and it's why we're worse off. "Other people in society don't affect society. So fuck em'. I got mine."
Its not just America. Modern alt right philosophy is based on "Im all right Jack" mindsets. The british ruling class send their kids to private schools so they dont give a fuck what happens to 90% of kids.
look at how deep in debt you and America are, then take a moment to think, maybe take a nap before hand to give yourself the energy to do something you have not done in some time, then ask yourself; Is destroying my country worth spending more and more and more and more?

tough shit

I earn mine, so why should I be forced to pay for ignorant shit that isn't going to get anyone a real job?
Because it makes your world a better place.

tough shit

no it doesn't

tough shit
You already have, look in a mirror. Fag Brit.

tough shit

no it doesn't
Tommy is a lib arse, too stupid to realize he is stupid.

.....Creative people help explain our world and we should encourage them.

Every "Creative" person I know is on Government assistance because they cannot hold down a real job. If people want to be "Creative", do it on their own time and their own dime. There are plenty of fiscally responsible ways to do that, but most "Artists" seem to prefer to collect from Uncle Sam when their arts fail to put food on the table or a roof over their heads.

Forum List

Back