Right Wing Creationist Home School Curriculum Highly Inaccurate And "Really Dumb"

God made the universe within a big bang with the clap of his hands
The big bang made the galaxy with the stars
The stars formed planets around them
Some of those planets got lucky and formed life
Some of that life got even lucker and gained the ability to understand the reality they live in.

Fact.

Last edited:
I may disagree with you on a lot of things, but I always considered you a rational poster. PLEASE don't drift off to Crazyland, Frank. :eek:

Seems that a number of pleisosaurs did not get the "Hey, we're all extinct!" memo

It actually does seem that way, if you are a cryptozoologist.

BAhbCVsHOgZmSSJBdXBsb2Fkcy9hc3NldHMvNGQyOWViOWFkMTk2NTY3NmI0X0xha2UgTW9uc3RlcnNfMDJfc21hbGwuanBnBjoGRVRbCDoGcDoKdGh1bWJJIgo5ODB4PgY7BlRbBzsHOgpzdHJpcFsJOwc6DGNvbnZlcnRJIhAtcXVhbGl0eSA5MQY7BlQw
Probably not all true...but not all false either

Not that this is to anyone's surprise,..

A popular curriculum used by home-schooled students has drawn criticism for inaccurate, misleading information and an over-reliance on rote memorization, but those aspects may not be the worst things about it.

A lot of the material that children are exposed to in the Accelerated Christian Education is just astonishingly stupid, according to a former Christian fundamentalist.

Blogger Jonny Scarmanga shared some of the multiple-choice questions he found in some ACE packets used by British home-school students Monday on the blog, Leaving Fundamentalism.

In one question aimed at 9- or 10-year-old fourth-graders, students are given this example: “Children played happily in the water spout.” They are then asked to define a water spout from three examples: “a stream of water,” “two dry ducks” or “playground.”

Creationist home school curriculum isn?t just inaccurate ? it?s really, really dumb | The Raw Story

Gotta create a new generation of Tea Partiers somehow.
"...used by British home-school students Monday..."
Do you need to specifically point out your glaring mistake, or can you take it from here?

The respect is lacking by the minority for the larger majority's viewpoint.

Believe creationism all you want but don't expect your bosses, employers, and peers to respect you as a professional.

If your business isn't atheism, your faith is no one's damned business.

But thanks for demonstrating yet again the utter intolerance of the left. Long live Groupthink!

Gotta create a new generation of Tea Partiers somehow.

You do know that this alleged nonsense happened in the UK and not the US.

Don't you?

Are there no rightwing religious nuts trying to 'educate' their kids at home in this country?

None that believe the Bible is the true story of the origin of the earth and life on it?
What difference does it make to you, you wannabe fascist?

Note for the progressivism-impaired: It does NOT take a village, and how I raise my children, as long as I'm not breaking the law, is none of your fucking business.

Believe creationism all you want but don't expect your bosses, employers, and peers to respect you as a professional.

Inaccurate.. considering a vast majority of the world believes in at least a higher power, if not God.. having a religion or a belief is not frowned upon... when being asked why the network went down, you reply 'God did it', THAT is when you will get frowned upon

Don't conflate the two. One can believe in God without believing in the right wing reactionary creationism being pushed in American home schools.

Having a belief in a Higher Power is admirable.
Yes, boy, but Obama is NOT a higher power. I will not join you in worship of him.

"This is clear propaganda" when you state, without context or nuance or example "To focus in on one or two poorly worded questions in some OBSCURE British home-schooling packet (that parents may or may not choose to use) in a dishonest effort to make the entire lot of (a) Christians and (b) people who homeschool their kids look like idiots?"

That is evasion on your part not defense.

Oh, shut up, kid. There's a poll floating around here somewhere that says only your fellow progressives give a shit about what you think.

Normal people don't.

Why in the world would I need to defend one obscure passage in a British homeschooling package? It's completely irrelevant and nitpicky.

Accelerated Christian Education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Accelerated Christian Education is an American educational products company which produces the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) school curriculum. The home office is in Nashville, Tennessee, with a customer service and distribution center in Lewisville, Texas. According to a study, by 1980 there were over 3,000 Christian Schools in the United States associated with ACE. A European representative states that the ACE program is “being used in thousands of schools and many thousands of home schools in over 100 different countries worldwide.” ACE currently serves over 7,000 schools, one government contract.

It lists its principles in a "statement of faith" which declares the belief that the Bible is literally true.
None of you progressives has yet adequately explained why it's any of your business.

Because, you know...it's not.

You are possibly the dumbest person I have ever encountered... seriously... dumber than a bag of broken doorknobs Jake.

All reactionary Christian creationists believe in God.

The great majority of Christians do not believe in crazy so-called Christian creationism.

Dont worry, soggy is a liar and basically all it does is lie when it posts on here.

Yes, he was lying.

YOU'RE dumber than Fakey.

Anyone,such as yourself,that would look down on someone because of their faith is hardly a professional. Their opinion would be useless.

Once again, a deliberate misconstruction of my point.

One can be a Christian and teach evolution in a biology class.

One can be a creationist and should never be allowed to teach evolution in a biology class.
Remember how progressives say they're open-minded?

You're lying.

Believe in reactionary Christian creationism all you want, edge, and you will get the lack of respect you deserve from the larger world.

Only a small minority of Christians believe in heretical reactionary evangelical and fundamentalist creationism.

Only a small amount?? where do you get this crap from?

One can not be a "christian "when one rejects god

The use of heretical,and evangelical as the same descriptor....is well wrong.

What is a reactionary evangelical anyways??
It's just another buzzword from Fakey. It means "someone whose views I cannot rationally debate, so I will pretend superiority and call them names".

I have already posted links showing that the British actually discontinued the Loch Ness monster references, but not until July of 2013. While one article states the US versions may follow suit, the fact that it took until this year to remove those references really says something.

But why do you care about what British homeschoolers do anyways? Are you British or live in Britain?

I agree that the OP comes across as a cheap attempt to take shots at Christians and home-schooled children. I just find it hard to defend this curriculum. As I have pointed out, this isn't a British thing. In fact, they removed the Loch Ness references, while the US versions haven't yet. It's a US based program, that as of 1980 was already associated with over 3000 Christian schools in the United States.
So how does it affect you in any infinitesimal way?

Hint: It doesn't.

Believe in reactionary Christian creationism all you want, edge, and you will get the lack of respect you deserve from the larger world.

Only a small minority of Christians believe in heretical reactionary evangelical and fundamentalist creationism.

Only a small amount?? where do you get this crap from?

One can not be a "christian "when one rejects god

The use of heretical,and evangelical as the same descriptor....is well wrong.

What is a reactionary evangelical anyways??

Most Christians do reject evangelical and fundamentalist Biblical literalism as heresy.

A Christian certainly does not reject God by rejecting Biblical literalism.
You speak for Christians about as well as you speak for Republicans, boy.

Forum List

Back