Right Hemisphere Dominance v Learning Disability

Nika2013

Rookie
Feb 18, 2013
Somewhere in a land-bound state
Right Hemisphere Dominance v Learning Disorder
I have worked with over 1000 children in an educational setting in my lifetime and one thing that I have noticed is that children with alleged learning disorders (dyslexia, autism, autism spectrum otherwise undiagnosed) seem to be processing information from the right-hemisphere, rather than the left (as most students process information) My own children were doing this before I took them from school and created a curriculum that addressed their particular needs and which would eventually integrate both hemispheres in learning. It seems unquestionable that a person using both hemispheres would be at a greater advantage than one in which one hemisphere (left or right) is dominant.
Recently, I tutored a student (who was having learning difficulties) using the curriculum I developed for my own children and he rapidly learned all concepts that I presented to him in this format and received 100% on each assignment. The problem persists when the classroom teacher refuses to adjust her teaching style for visual right-hemisphere learners. In the immediate case of which I speak, the reluctance is so severe that the child will not be able to learn without additional tutoring.
The question that I ask in this post is: “Are schools diagnosing children as learning disabled and placing them in special education for life when simple techniques can reverse the so-called disorders?” I challenge teachers of these children (and mainstream teachers) to use these techniques over a period of three months to seek miraculous changes in their students. My own son whom teachers said would never be able to read or spell or do mathematical computations (even though he was reading at 4) is now an international honor student at the top of his class with all A’s in his university master’s program.
Here are some simple tricks that teachers can use, immediately, to reverse these problems:
1. Make everything visual for the student and use experiential learning (hands-on) whenever possible.
2. Use bright colors, patterns and art work to present the material as the right-hemisphere prefers these. Place math problems inside of colorful parrots (example) Put spelling words on a spiral snake that the student creates as a mobile. Teach fractions through cooking and recipes.
3. Use the outdoor environment to teach all subjects, not just science. Go for a walk…sketch the environment…Write poems about what one sees…Study oceans and streams…Gather the water..Is it clean or dirty? When it snows..or rains..measure these in inches gathered in a container….What sea life is in the ocean? Give examples and put math problems inside of these…Let the children paint or color the animals. Take photographs…enlarge these as posters….photograph fall trees.
4. Use many different types of music while teaching…Vivaldi…Pop..Rap..and Rock…With older kids, teach how political and sociological perspectives influence music and musicians. We searched the law library for the censorship case of 2Live Crew and the kids found it in the Florida Appellate Records. We studied 1st Amendment rights and freedom of speech in this context.
5. Create a diorama of the habitat that you are trying to teach….Have the kids write poems and stories and make mobiles of these…
6. Study the planets at JPL online (Nasa’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory) Use interactive games. Go to a planetarium.
You are engaging the right-hemisphere when you use color, repetitive sound, patterns, mazes, music, and the outdoors to teach….and these are the people who grow up to be musicians, artists, scientists, computer techs, engineers, if taught in their own learning styles.

Diagnosing kids with "disorders" is just a way to scam the system into giving "educators" more money. They tried that sh*t with my oldest son and I just told them to toss off! He turned out just fine with out any drugging of any kind. The vast majority of your kids will too.

I don't believe people aren't meant to be either Right or Left brain dominant, rather both sides are to work together and form the "Super Computer Brain" that is in all of us. Some more "Super" than others of course!

The Pineal Gland is what gets the Right and Left sides of the brain working together. Do you know what causes calcification of the Pineal Gland and interferes with Right/Left brain function? Fluoride.

Yeah, that sh*t they put in your toothpaste calcifies your Pineal Gland that can lead to problems like Alzheimers and what the OP outlined!

Oh you think Fluoride is harmless? Then go look at your toothpaste tube and ask yourself why it says contact Poison Control if you swallow any of it?

I use Baking Soda to brush my teeth.

• Banned
"I don't believe people aren't meant to be either Right or Left brain dominant, rather both sides are to work together and form the "Super Computer Brain" that is in all of us. Some more "Super" than others of course!".......(he states) I totally agree with your statement...and I think that our educational system is barbaric in the sense that it continues to classify kids as "learning disabled" when the system itself does not make the necessary adjustments so that all kids can learn...As I stated in my post, the child that I am currently tutoring is bright and learns concepts, quickly, and yet his rigid teacher refuses to do what is necessary and would rather see him fail...People who want answers should Google the Gifted Learning Center, visual-spatial learners...These kids are BRIGHT and learn everything immediately in one chunk if taught in their own styles. It is possible that their intelligence exceeds that of so-called normal kids and yet, they are being dismissed as unable to learn...Think Einstein and Bill Gates....

All of my threads say "old" and yet I have been here five days!?????? One thread has almost 700 visits..

Diagnosing kids with "disorders" is just a way to scam the system into giving "educators" more money. They tried that sh*t with my oldest son and I just told them to toss off! He turned out just fine with out any drugging of any kind. The vast majority of your kids will too.

I don't believe people aren't meant to be either Right or Left brain dominant, rather both sides are to work together and form the "Super Computer Brain" that is in all of us. Some more "Super" than others of course!

The Pineal Gland is what gets the Right and Left sides of the brain working together. Do you know what causes calcification of the Pineal Gland and interferes with Right/Left brain function? Fluoride.

Yeah, that sh*t they put in your toothpaste calcifies your Pineal Gland that can lead to problems like Alzheimers and what the OP outlined!

Oh you think Fluoride is harmless? Then go look at your toothpaste tube and ask yourself why it says contact Poison Control if you swallow any of it?

I use Baking Soda to brush my teeth.

IME it's the parents that push for questionable special ed services so their child can get accommodations through college.

• Banned
What?.....I have never met a parent who wanted a child to go to the special education program!!! It is a life-long stigma that is difficult to erase on record....In addition, there is a slippery slope in that if one refuses the school's decision, one can be charged with educational neglect and the only option is to appeal the decision at the state level....

What?.....I have never met a parent who wanted a child to go to the special education program!!! It is a life-long stigma that is difficult to erase on record....In addition, there is a slippery slope in that if one refuses the school's decision, one can be charged with educational neglect and the only option is to appeal the decision at the state level....

do you work in the field, because I do

• Banned
You work in education and you post racist remarks and denigrate the people that you are serving? I don't think so....Teachers do not do that....Sorry, I don't believe you...
I worked as an administrator of a private school for many years. I have spent the last few semesters getting my master's degree and I am seeking a position teaching college at the community college level. And yes...I have experience in public schools and in the learning disability areas and I have taught many students as a "personal teacher"...and I taught my kids at home grades 1-10...So...yes, I have experience.

Last edited:
You work in education and you post racist remarks and denigrate the people that you are serving? I don't think so....Teachers do not do that....Sorry, I don't believe you...
I worked as an administrator of a private school for many years. I have spent the last few semesters getting my master's degree and I am seeking a position teaching college at the community college level. And yes...I have experience in public schools and in the learning disability areas and I have taught many students as a "personal teacher"...and I taught my kids at home grades 1-10...So...yes, I have experience.

you have been here less than a month and you know all about me?

• Banned
Signature....
Your post..above..not mine..and I only know what you write...and there is a disconnect between who you state that you are and what you post...Sorry...not trying to be mean..Just an observation...

Last edited:
Signature....
Your post..above..not mine..and I only know what you write...and there is a disconnect between who you state that you are and what you post...Sorry...not trying to be mean..Just an observation...

those are quotes from other posters. I can't be responsible for their comments, right?

PS there is a disconnect with your posts too. Seems you have no clue what really transpires in special education in public schools

"PS there is a disconnect with your posts too. Seems you have no clue what really transpires in special education in public schools." (you state) and I say, according to you...but I know that teachers do not post racist statements or denigrate their kids as you do in your posts...I will not turn this thread into a diatribe with you...

Posters give away much of themselves in posting and the way that they use avatars and signatures...If you want to continue this specific discussion go to the forum for general postings or the coffee shop and I will summarize what I have received from your posts and you can do the same for me..Post an opening comment on one of those forums.
I will not answer you...here...any more...I hope that you respect this..as it is my thread..

"PS there is a disconnect with your posts too. Seems you have no clue what really transpires in special education in public schools." (you state) and I say, according to you...but I know that teachers do not post racist statements or denigrate their kids as you do in your posts...I will not turn this thread into a diatribe with you...

Posters give away much of themselves in posting and the way that they use avatars and signatures...If you want to continue this specific discussion go to the forum for general postings or the coffee shop and I will summarize what I have received from your posts and you can do the same for me..Post an opening comment on one of those forums.
I will not answer you...here...any more...I hope that you respect this..as it is my thread..

no thanks, I will not follow your orders. this is not "your thread". You do not make the rules. I was you that strayed off topic and made it personal.

"teachers do not do that" exactly who are you to say what teachers can or can not do? I get it. If someone does not have the same PC mindset as you they is racist. Not surprising.

You come here and tell people how to do their jobs as if no one in the world has ever done those things before. You have never done it before , yet you are an expert.
You talk in platitudes and not from experience

Oh and how about showing these posts where I denigrate " their kids"

Until such time you are a fraud and a liar

hint: there is also something called a paragraph. Seems you failed elementary composition.

PS this used to be a great sub-forum until self-righteous blowhards such as yourself ruined it. Posters such a Chanel and Blimpo, both of whom actually have done the job, do not come here any more. Thanks

Last edited:
I taught in one of the nations most expensive schools for LD kids.

Many of those kids were quite brilliant except they couldn't decode.

It was enormously frustrating both for them and for me, too.

Great kids though, mostly.

Forum List

Back