Right From the Horses' Mouths

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
He didn't know the territory. How many more of the rats will squeal as they jump the sinking scow?

"It allowed everybody to believe that this Sarah Palin-like president — because, let's face it, that's what he was — was going to be protected by this national-security elite, tested in the cauldrons of fire," Wilkerson said, adding that he considered Cheney probably the "most astute, bureaucratic entrepreneur" he'd ever met.

"He became vice president well before George Bush picked him," Wilkerson said of Cheney. "And he began to manipulate things from that point on, knowing that he was going to be able to convince this guy to pick him, knowing that he was then going to be able to wade into the vacuums that existed around George Bush — personality vacuum, character vacuum, details vacuum, experience vacuum."

Ex-Bush aides say he never recovered from Katrina - Yahoo! News

Yeah, pretty much like I imagined it was in the Bush II administration.

The master class blue blood republican elite entered into a marriage of convenience with the religious conservative to gain high office, and then refused to lay down with them becuase they couldn't personally stand them OR their goofy world view.

The religious right got played.

Interesting how "former" Bush aides decide to slam him when his approval rating is 22%, but not a single one of them spoke out against his incompetence when his approval was 70%.

Sounds like republicans trying to throw bush overboard, trying to keep their party from being attached to his legacy. Quite reminiscent of Con message board posters who spent seven years defending, supporting, or making excuses for bush, only to belatedly yell that they "never supported him".

Fuck these Bush aides. They could have said something years ago. I knew from the moment that inarticulate fool Bush bumbled and stumbled his way through the debates with Al Gore eight years ago that this idiot was way out of his league.

A few years ago I spent time on the BBC sites, and there was a huge sentiment that the US was so over-the-top religiously. Dawkins is like a god. The British press feeds to into the belief that everything in the US is driven by a religious agenda. "How else could Bush have been elected" would be the thing that would be thrown up again and again.

Michael Collins is a good (if extreme) example of the sort of poster voicing these opinions.

Well, I would point out how much propaganda that was, how the US cannot possibly be all about religion, that despite religious conservatives being a leg of the GOP party they are far from a majority. I think my arguments never made any headway and I eventually gave up.

This is nice affirmation from the article:

"In the political affairs shop in particular, you saw a lot of people who just rolled their eyes at ... basically every religious-right leader that was out there, because they just found them annoying and insufferable. These guys were pains in the butt who had to be accommodated."

I agree with the statement that they used them and left them sitting in the pews.

There is no party in this country that has a hold on morality despite what the right might like you to believe.

hey, I thought from the title that this thread was about mani. But I misread it.

In order to have been about mani it would've had to have read: Right From the Fastest Horse's Ass

Thank you. It is some, but a very loud some.

But I will have to add a caveat. Those some of the right have been very vocal and have been a large factor in our elections.

Who on the left have been using the moral argument?

Thank you. It is some, but a very loud some.

But I will have to add a caveat. Those some of the right have been very vocal and have been a large factor in our elections.

Who on the left have been using the moral argument?

it depends on how you define the moral argument.
if it's about church, god, blah blah blah, then no one from the left springs to mind.
certainly there are those on the left who have claimed to be morally right on some issue, like iraq, gay rights and abortion to get elected.

I think a lot of us saw Bush was an idiot from the start, but his southern accent, his belief in Jesus, so called and his name got him in with those people that are rapid Republicans or were just not paying attention.

"his southern accent, his belief in Jesus, so called and his name..." -had people underestimating him. the man changed government, pussy whipped the congress, went to war and stayed there, signing statements, challenges...history will be kinder in some ways than we are. Many of the Presidents we admire today were not very well respected when they left office. One need only look back at Jimmy Carter...

:lol:

"his southern accent, his belief in Jesus, so called and his name..." -had people underestimating him. the man changed government, pussy whipped the congress, went to war and stayed there, signing statements, challenges...history will be kinder in some ways than we are. Many of the Presidents we admire today were not very well respected when they left office. One need only look back at Jimmy Carter...

:lol:

Obviously, some people are still fooled by the idiot :clap2:

it depends on how you define the moral argument.
if it's about church, god, blah blah blah, then no one from the left springs to mind.
certainly there are those on the left who have claimed to be morally right on some issue, like iraq, gay rights and abortion to get elected.

Great Point Del!

The left is just as 'moral' as the right... of course for this to be true, morality needs to be redefined to fit that drivel.

If by 'Moral' one means definitive thresholds of right and wrong, good and evil; moral as in that which rests upon valid bedrock principle, then NO of course the left is not moral; the leftist ideology is the pure antithesis of morality; HOWEVER... if by MORAL one understands that concepts of right and wrong are rolling notions of subjective relativism, where no judgment can be said to ever be properly assessed for one's conduct or publically stated advocacy... well then sure... I mean why not? Of course at that point the word and thus the concept itself becomes MEANINGLESS... which is, after all... the goal of these inane PC exercises.

It is interesting all the ass clowns that never had a job outside of government or now jumping on bush's ass. Why? Isn't it obvious? To make themselves more palitable to the next administration so the gravy train won't end.

bush got exactly two things right. The ending of the War with Saddam that had already gone on far too long and the tax cuts other than that he has been pretty flippin' miserable to the people that elected him.

It is interesting all the ass clowns that never had a job outside of government or now jumping on bush's ass. Why? Isn't it obvious? To make themselves more palitable to the next administration so the gravy train won't end.

bush got exactly two things right. The ending of the War with Saddam that had already gone on far too long and the tax cuts other than that he has been pretty flippin' miserable to the people that elected him.

Yep... That's sure enough the formula for a Centrist...

Look back on when GW was at his peak in public approval; just post 911 when he was standing upon valid, bedrock principle; making clarion calls, on the certainty that evil had presented us a challenge and we were about to visit upon evil the ass-beating of a lifetime.
What changed?

The left began to rationalize a defense of evil and GW began to waver in reaction to it.

If the leakers of Abu gharib were presently sitting in gitmo, the bulk of the 'insurgency' would likely have failed to materialize and GW would be sitting on a 60 point popularity and one of the GOP primary candidates would be waiting to take the oath; not a Marxist Muslim.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back