Obama your test is here--Hamas vs Israel

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Does anyone wonder why Hamas has decided to renew launches at Isreal--just 20+ days out from the Presidential inaguration? It's called political manuvering. After all, how many times did Barack Obama state during the primaries & presidential debates--that he would meet one on one with the leader of Iran & "Hamas" without preconditions. He defended this strategy against Hillary Clinton--Joe Biden & all the way through the Presidential debates.

Well--it looks to me that the invitation for one on one talks without preconditions has been sent by Hamas acting up again. Now in the Gaza strip. Poor guy, won't even get to enjoy the inaguration ball.

This is what happens when you say too much, or try & defend the indefensible. Hamas was watching & listening to every word Barack Obama was saying.

Joe Biden was right. Obama will be tested. Biden was just wrong on the time frame--of his statement--"within 6 months". They won't even let Obama get into office before the world is testing him.

How should Obama react now? In my opinion, Obama should say that Isreal has the right to defend itself, then this is over immediately, & Hamas backs down. Any other thing encourages Hamas to keep going with the rocket attacks against Isreal, which of course equals more deaths & violence.

Maybe the renewed attacks because they have been being starved and deprived of medical supplies for months?

wow....Obama is President already? who knew :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seriously, why do some people think that Obama should make a public statement about the situation involving Isreal and Hamas? Bush is President for another 23 days. Obama making a statement would be inappropriate IMO.

Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about and it's because they elected a terrorist group to represent them which insists on lobbing missiles into Israel.

I so hate stupidity.....
Has hell frozen over? :confused:

I actually agree with jillian! :clap2:

Well...it's a drop dead certainty HAMAS didn't launch this emboglio, and Isreal hasn't responded in kind in the hopes that the George Bush II would ride in and use his diplomatic expertise to resolve this mess.

I think we can all agree to that, can't we?

Yeah I'm sure the starving, under nourished refugees that join terrorist groups to gain a sense of existence really give two shits about who's president in the US.

Why do we feel so self-important that we think all the bad in the world is ultimately done in the name of the US? Can't a terrorist be a terrorist and do terrorist things JUST BECAUSE? Does it always have to have something to do with the US?

wow....Obama is President already? who knew :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seriously, why do some people think that Obama should make a public statement about the situation involving Isreal and Hamas? Bush is President for another 23 days. Obama making a statement would be inappropriate IMO.

Obama is already president?

Well...then.....

Shouldn't he be clearing some brush or something?

Yeah I'm sure the starving, under nourished refugees that join terrorist groups to gain a sense of existence really give two shits about who's president in the US.

Why do we feel so self-important that we think all the bad in the world is ultimately done in the name of the US? Can't a terrorist be a terrorist and do terrorist things JUST BECAUSE? Does it always have to have something to do with the US?

Yes of course it's always the U.S. It's called a lack of perspective.

In the words of Alfred "Some men aren't looking for anything logical....they just want to watch the world burn.'

Paulitics I hat to tell you this but had what passes for leadership among the Palestinians spent half as much time and effort building there own lands instead of trying to take that of their neighbors they'd not be freaking starving.

I think Obama made it perfectly clear when he said that Jerusalem should be the location of embassy, then said, after much whining, that uhhh, that needs to be negotiated. Well, it made it perfectly clear how Obama can triangulate issues for political expediency. My guess is that Obama will pursue the Clinton trail and he's been so fond of already, and that is, appease the Palestinians by getting Israel to seem to give up a little, then sit back and wait for the next escalation.

Does anyone wonder why Hamas has decided to renew launches at Isreal--just 20+ days out from the Presidential inaguration? It's called political manuvering. After all, how many times did Barack Obama state during the primaries & presidential debates--that he would meet one on one with the leader of Iran & "Hamas" without preconditions. He defended this strategy against Hillary Clinton--Joe Biden & all the way through the Presidential debates.

Well--it looks to me that the invitation for one on one talks without preconditions has been sent by Hamas acting up again. Now in the Gaza strip. Poor guy, won't even get to enjoy the inaguration ball.

This is what happens when you say too much, or try & defend the indefensible. Hamas was watching & listening to every word Barack Obama was saying.

Joe Biden was right. Obama will be tested. Biden was just wrong on the time frame--of his statement--"within 6 months". They won't even let Obama get into office before the world is testing him.

How should Obama react now? In my opinion, Obama should say that Isreal has the right to defend itself, then this is over immediately, & Hamas backs down. Any other thing encourages Hamas to keep going with the rocket attacks against Isreal, which of course equals more deaths & violence.

The problem with this is post is that you theorize that Hamas actually STOPPED firing rockets at Israel. It never did. During the "cease fire" Hamas fired hundreds of rockets inside of Israel. After the "cease fire" Hamas fired hundreds of rockets into Israel. The only difference is, until the cease fire ceased to exist, Israel didn't bother to really do much to respond to the rockets. Now they, finally, have.

And Truth, Israel cut off its supplies to Gaza BECAUSE Hamas started lobbing rockets at it. This isn't a game of chicken or the egg, which came first, none of us know. This is a game of Step 1: Israel pulls out of Gaza, Step 2: Gaza fires rockets at Israel, Step 3: Israel cuts off supplies to Gaza, Step 4: Gaza continues to fire rockets at Israel causing damage, injuries and death, Step 5: Israel has enough of this crap and destroys Hamas once and for all and forces Fatah to take over Gaza.

Unlike the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, ruled by Fatah, is actually at peace with Israel and the West Bank is doing quite well, compared to Gaza, thank you very much. What's the difference?

Fatah doesn't fire any rockets at Israel. Fatah engages in peace talks with Israel. Fatah wants a Palestinian state and is willing to make peace with Israel for it. The center of the fight is a divded Jerusalem. But, Fatah isn't going to war against Israel.

Oh and Hamas gets tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars from other Arab countries. If they get so much money, why are all of their people so dirt poor? Answer? Are you ready for this, Truth? Because they spend all of their money on weapons. If they spent the money, like Fatah does, on helping their people, building infrastructure, creating jobs, etc. then Gaza wouldn't have this problem. But Hamas is focused on one thing and one thing only: The destruction of Israel. If Hamas was focused on making peace with Israel, like Fatah is, then it wouldn't have nearly 400 dead people lying in pools of their own blood.

So, my step process that I had earlier?

Step 1: Fatah takes control of the West Bank, Step 2: Fatah engages Israel in peace talks and creates jobs for its people, Step 3: Fatah and Israel have a cordial relationship... not the best, but not the worst. Step 4: One day when Hamas is eradicated, Fatah and Israel will compromise on Jerusalem and they will have a part of East Jerusalem as their capitol, and have near unrestricted access to the rest of East Jerusalem as well as control over most of the West Bank. The West Bank will eventually be called Palestine, and Israel will be the first country to recognize it. Israel and the Palestinians will have a long lasting peace.

Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad and Hamas will all be destroyed and their supporters along with them. This is the movement of the Arab world.

Last edited:
Which is exactly what happens anytime Israel concedes anything... escalation

That has to be one of the dumbest posts I have seen here.

Israel has been at peace with Eygpt for 30 years.

That has to be one of the dumbest posts I have seen here.

Israel has been at peace with Eygpt for 30 years.

What do you describe "at peace?"

Does the fact that Israel no longer has the opportunity to wipe the floor with Egypt any longer and completely lost the Sanai peninsula in order to make peace with an enemy it could easily crush, while Egypt continues to arm and fund Hamas mean Israel and Egypt are at peace?

What do you describe "at peace?"

Does the fact that Israel no longer has the opportunity to wipe the floor with Egypt any longer and completely lost the Sanai peninsula in order to make peace with an enemy it could easily crush, while Egypt continues to arm and fund Hamas mean Israel and Egypt are at peace?

Is Egypt really funding HAMAS, DavidS?

I didn't know that.

It is Israel's right to ultimately defend itself. These terrorists have been attempting to destroy Israel for many years. What I don't understand is why Israel keeps signing peace deals or cease fires with these people. Each time they do that, the terrorist groups use that time to re-arm themselves before starting again.

Israel could easily crush any of the enemies against them. I think that Israel has taken a lot of crap, and they need to completely obliterate the terrorists. Israel needs to take a stand against murder of its citizens and stand up to the attack upon its soil, by any means necessary.

As for Obama, you are all correct, this is still Bush Country, but this will be an Obama problem more than a Bush problem, because this Israel/Hamas bout won't end before our beloved President relinquishes office.

Last edited:
Is Egypt really funding HAMAS, DavidS?

I didn't know that.

Not officially of course, but there have been several Egyptian charities that have funded Hamas.

Hamas is a cash cow. They generate millions and millions of dollars every year. War is quite profitable for them... they look like victims, and get more funding from the idiotic arab countries... even iran is funding hamas. Then the US funds Israel... Israel gets hundreds of millions of dollars and we repeat the whole thing over again. As long as war is profitable for both Hamas, the US, Israel, other Arab nations and Russia and China who both sell weapons to Iran who in turn sells them to Hamas, middle east peace will never happen.

If the US were to cut off funding to Israel, Israel would be wiped out. If other Arab countries were to cut off funding to Hamas, Hamas would be wiped out but Fatah would survive and middle east peace would happen.

Not officially of course, but there have been several Egyptian charities that have funded Hamas.

Hamas is a cash cow. They generate millions and millions of dollars every year. War is quite profitable for them... they look like victims, and get more funding from the idiotic arab countries... even iran is funding hamas. Then the US funds Israel... Israel gets hundreds of millions of dollars and we repeat the whole thing over again. As long as war is profitable for both Hamas, the US, Israel, other Arab nations and Russia and China who both sell weapons to Iran who in turn sells them to Hamas, middle east peace will never happen.

If the US were to cut off funding to Israel, Israel would be wiped out. If other Arab countries were to cut off funding to Hamas, Hamas would be wiped out but Fatah would survive and middle east peace would happen.

Israel could fend for itself. They never needed our help. We are just adding to their already great, powerful, well-equipped, and well-funded military.

Forum List

Back