Obama your test is here--Hamas vs Israel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, Dec 29, 2008.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,164
    Does anyone wonder why Hamas has decided to renew launches at Isreal--just 20+ days out from the Presidential inaguration? It's called political manuvering. After all, how many times did Barack Obama state during the primaries & presidential debates--that he would meet one on one with the leader of Iran & "Hamas" without preconditions. He defended this strategy against Hillary Clinton--Joe Biden & all the way through the Presidential debates.

Well--it looks to me that the invitation for one on one talks without preconditions has been sent by Hamas acting up again. Now in the Gaza strip. Poor guy, won't even get to enjoy the inaguration ball.

This is what happens when you say too much, or try & defend the indefensible. Hamas was watching & listening to every word Barack Obama was saying.

Joe Biden was right. Obama will be tested. Biden was just wrong on the time frame--of his statement--"within 6 months". They won't even let Obama get into office before the world is testing him.

How should Obama react now? In my opinion, Obama should say that Isreal has the right to defend itself, then this is over immediately, & Hamas backs down. Any other thing encourages Hamas to keep going with the rocket attacks against Isreal, which of course equals more deaths & violence.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Maybe the renewed attacks because they have been being starved and deprived of medical supplies for months?

3. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    wow....Obama is President already? who knew :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seriously, why do some people think that Obama should make a public statement about the situation involving Isreal and Hamas? Bush is President for another 23 days. Obama making a statement would be inappropriate IMO.

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about and it's because they elected a terrorist group to represent them which insists on lobbing missiles into Israel.

I so hate stupidity.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Gord

Gord Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Has hell frozen over? :confused:

I actually agree with jillian! :clap2:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Well...it's a drop dead certainty HAMAS didn't launch this emboglio, and Isreal hasn't responded in kind in the hopes that the George Bush II would ride in and use his diplomatic expertise to resolve this mess.

I think we can all agree to that, can't we?

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,424
    Yeah I'm sure the starving, under nourished refugees that join terrorist groups to gain a sense of existence really give two shits about who's president in the US.

Why do we feel so self-important that we think all the bad in the world is ultimately done in the name of the US? Can't a terrorist be a terrorist and do terrorist things JUST BECAUSE? Does it always have to have something to do with the US?

8. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Obama is already president?

Well...then.....

Shouldn't he be clearing some brush or something?

9. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Yes of course it's always the U.S. It's called a lack of perspective.

In the words of Alfred "Some men aren't looking for anything logical....they just want to watch the world burn.'

10. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    Paulitics I hat to tell you this but had what passes for leadership among the Palestinians spent half as much time and effort building there own lands instead of trying to take that of their neighbors they'd not be freaking starving.