Riddle me this readers

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I posted an article here to discuss Bruce Lee. The article called him a modern day philosopher.
The riddle I'm having a problem with is; what qualifies one as a philosopher?

These are my thoughts from that article/thread

I wouldn't know about that on either front and this article doesn't say one way or the other.
It does call him a Modern Day Philosopher. I don't know what qualifies one to wear that title so I can't really dispute it. Being an introspective thinker with good observation skills? Being able to articulate what is thought and seen?
The only thing new, under the sun, are the eyes seeing what has been here since time began- do Philosophers think differently than that? I don't know. Or, are they just really good at articulating what is to some quite obvious?
My take away, on the article, is, he was very introspective. (is that a trait philosophers have and is it learned or natural) Naturally or a learned trait I don't know. But, even if it's a natural trait it has to be practiced to perfect and he did so diligently.
That, (introspection), IMO, is a trait not many show so obviously they don't use it for anything, especially publicly, which exposes a lot of irony in society.
It pointed out he exercised mentally as much as he did physically and both helped achieve his expectations, which, I suppose, was a Martial Arts Master. It, the article, did reference Napolean Hill's method of achieving was a part of his routine. I have read Napolean Hill's books and I agree with the author' assessment.

Philosophy is merely a subjective view of the fundamental nature of life. We are all philosophers to a greater or lesser degree, or followers of someone else's philosophy.

Lee explains himself in The Tao of Jeet Kune Do, still widely available.

Forum List

Back