Rick Santorum: Rape Victims Should 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation'

Well, that's what happens when you think with your glands instead of your brain. See if you can fix that, please.

This coming from someone quoting Herbert Spencer... who was against women's suffrage in his later years because women tended to vote for authoritarian leaders and thereby obstruct the natural progress towards an egalitarian society. He also believed women shouldn't use their heads to think because it took away energy from breeding.

And you know what? Looking at the way women as a group vote, y'have to wonder if he didn't have a point.

And apparently, you don't think women should vote? I think you're living in the wrong era. This is 2012, not 1912.

Plenty of Women have done just that. Had the Kid and Made a good thing out of a bad one. What's wrong with that?

Nothing, as they made that decision on their own.

As much as you guys try and pervert the issue, that status quo doesn't force a woman to do something they find to be reprehensible.

Those that want to overturn the status quo, do.

This guy is out of his mind.

Plenty of Women have done just that. Had the Kid and Made a good thing out of a bad one. What's wrong with that? Why do you have to want all children of Rape to be Aborted?

What is wrong about what he said? it is still her Child. Just because some asshole rapped her does not mean half the DNA that made the kid wasn't hers. It does not mean if she has the kid she wont love it. Some might not, Some might. Woman should make the Decision on a case by case Basis. But I see no problem with encouraging woman to think about Keeping the kid, and trying to find something good that come out of something so bad. Like a Child to love and cherish.

How would you like being a pod for a lunatic's baby? I believe that's best left up to the pod - the woman!

you really are twisted.. the perfect Progressive that shows what you really think of women and children

Last edited:
Plenty of Women have done just that. Had the Kid and Made a good thing out of a bad one. What's wrong with that?

As much as you guys try and pervert the issue, that status quo doesn't force a woman to do something they find to be reprehensible.

precisely!

precisely!

All but the most absurd pro-lifers find the concept of forcing a woman to carry the product of rape to conception to be completely reprehensible.

On top of the physical and psychological strain of being sexually assaulted, I can't imagine the physical and psychological strain of forcing a woman to carry a rapist's child.

Only a sadistic fuck would do something like that.

precisely!

All but the most absurd pro-lifers find the concept of forcing a woman to carry the product of rape to conception to be completely reprehensible.

On top of the physical and psychological strain of being sexually assaulted, I can't imagine the physical and psychological strain of forcing a woman to carry a rapist's child.

Just where did someone say a woman should be FORCED to carry a child of rape.

I had a friend who didn't abort her child of rape. has a fine young son today...

precisely!

I had a friend who didn't abort her child of rape. has a fine young son today...

What are Rick Santorum's views on abortion?

Rick Santorum On Opposition To Abortion In Cases Of Rape: 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation'

GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum explained his opposition to abortion even in cases of rape during an interview Friday, saying that women who face such circumstances should "make the best out of a bad situation."

Asked by CNN's Piers Morgan what he would do if his own daughter approached him, begging for an abortion after having been raped, Santorum explained that he would counsel her to "accept this horribly created" baby, because it was still a gift from God, even if given in a "broken" way.

"Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice, I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or she doesn't, it will always be her child, and she will always know that," Santorum said.

That's in line with the Religious Rights view of god and being pro-life.

this is how god decided that you should have a child.

you can have it and raise it
have it and give it to another couple
or kill it

precisely!

I am pro choice.

However, I respect the view that life begins at conception. I do not necessarily agree with that view, but I understand why those who belive it, believe as they do.

That being said, I understand why pro lifers feel a baby of rape should be carried through term and birth. Afterall, the child did not commit the rape...and no....neither did the poor victim......

Look at it this way....the child is just as much a victim of rape as the actual victim. Why should the victim be murdered?

Again, I dont see life beginning at conception...so I am comfortable with my position of pro choice. But it is inappropriate for us to ridicule those that believe otherwise. They have a very valid argument.

I wonder what his wife would say in that situation.

I wonder what he would say to his wife, if she were raped. It look like he was advise her to have the baby, regardless of how she feels. :eusa_eh:
He'd tell her the baby was her prize for being raped and that as a dutiful evangelical wife she was born to be a breeder.

Sorry Ravi...that is a sick, twisted spin of the religious rights veiw on life....and it is rhetoric such as this that makes this debate impossible to engage in.

I wonder what he would say to his wife, if she were raped. It look like he was advise her to have the baby, regardless of how she feels. :eusa_eh:
He'd tell her the baby was her prize for being raped and that as a dutiful evangelical wife she was born to be a breeder.

Sorry Ravi...that is a sick, twisted spin of the religious rights veiw on life....and it is rhetoric such as this that makes this debate impossible to engage in.
What part of "accept this horribly created" baby, because it was still a gift from God, even if given in a "broken" way did you not understand?

What part of "accept this horribly created" baby, because it was still a gift from God, even if given in a "broken" way did you not understand?

I understand all of that.....and although I disagree with it, I did not read it the way you opted to read it.
I read it in the light it was meant.....you read it in the light that you wish it was said.

Rick Santorum On Opposition To Abortion In Cases Of Rape: 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation'

GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum explained his opposition to abortion even in cases of rape during an interview Friday, saying that women who face such circumstances should "make the best out of a bad situation."

Asked by CNN's Piers Morgan what he would do if his own daughter approached him, begging for an abortion after having been raped, Santorum explained that he would counsel her to "accept this horribly created" baby, because it was still a gift from God, even if given in a "broken" way.

"Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice, I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or she doesn't, it will always be her child, and she will always know that," Santorum said.

I suppose the progressive problem is 'obsess over your problems until your death.'

No don't solve the problems obsess over them..... We will be a better nation then.

Well, when you are raped and get pregnant, you are free to carry that child to birth so you can make the best of a bad situation and get over it.

Plenty of Women have done just that. Had the Kid and Made a good thing out of a bad one. What's wrong with that? Why do you have to want all children of Rape to be Aborted?

What is wrong about what he said? it is still her Child. Just because some asshole rapped her does not mean half the DNA that made the kid wasn't hers. It does not mean if she has the kid she wont love it. Some might not, Some might. Woman should make the Decision on a case by case Basis. But I see no problem with encouraging woman to think about Keeping the kid, and trying to find something good that come out of something so bad. Like a Child to love and cherish.

What's wrong with that?

It isn't the government's decision. That's what's wrong with that.

precisely!

You're kidding, right?

That's the whole point. Santorum wants to remove a woman's control over her body.

I don't know how much more intrusive government can get then that.

You're kidding, right?

That's the whole point. Santorum wants to remove a woman's control over her body.

I don't know how much more intrusive government can get then that.

Somehow holding the view that abortion should be illegal even in the case of rape does not mean that he is saying a woman should be forced to carry a child of rape.

Good luck getting her to explain that one.

I don't think anyone would argue that a woman should have the right to have her baby killed after he/she is born; some people believe that there's no difference if the fetus is terminated at any time before birth. New life is new life, with all it's possibilities; the question is whether we should allow the decision to end that new life simply because birth has not taken place yet. It's not the baby's fault if the circumstances of conception, no? Some might say the only situation where the abortion should be considered is if the mother's life is in jeopardy.

Personally, I agree. I can't see a situation where I would even consider a termination... adoption, sure... but not abortion.

But.

And it is a really big but.

I cannot make that decision for other women. It's for them to decide... and for any male to think they have even a right to an opinion on the 'rape' issue... well, frankly... no. You can have an opinion - naturally.... but whatever you say... you will never get it. It won't ever happen to you.

What are Rick Santorum's views on abortion?

Where did he say his views should have the force of law?

We know that women who really are forced to have the children of rapists and then forced to raise them become perfectly good and loving mothers who love their children and don't want to be separated from them.

Some women won't.

There is no equality.

I don't think anyone would argue that a woman should have the right to have her baby killed after he/she is born; some people believe that there's no difference if the fetus is terminated at any time before birth. New life is new life, with all it's possibilities; the question is whether we should allow the decision to end that new life simply because birth has not taken place yet. It's not the baby's fault if the circumstances of conception, no? Some might say the only situation where the abortion should be considered is if the mother's life is in jeopardy.

Personally, I agree. I can't see a situation where I would even consider a termination... adoption, sure... but not abortion.

But.

And it is a really big but.

I cannot make that decision for other women. It's for them to decide... and for any male to think they have even a right to an opinion on the 'rape' issue... well, frankly... no. You can have an opinion - naturally.... but whatever you say... you will never get it. It won't ever happen to you.

Every once in a while you make sense.

Now excuse me while I check the weather for snake and frog rains.. :lol:

Forum List

Back