Rick Santorum: Rape Victims Should 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation'

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
This guy is out of his mind.

Rick Santorum On Opposition To Abortion In Cases Of Rape: 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation'

GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum explained his opposition to abortion even in cases of rape during an interview Friday, saying that women who face such circumstances should "make the best out of a bad situation."

Asked by CNN's Piers Morgan what he would do if his own daughter approached him, begging for an abortion after having been raped, Santorum explained that he would counsel her to "accept this horribly created" baby, because it was still a gift from God, even if given in a "broken" way.

"Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice, I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or she doesn't, it will always be her child, and she will always know that," Santorum said.

Santorum: Women need to learn how to make lemonade when life gives them lemons.

Rick Santorum On Opposition To Abortion In Cases Of Rape: 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation'

GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum explained his opposition to abortion even in cases of rape during an interview Friday, saying that women who face such circumstances should "make the best out of a bad situation."

Asked by CNN's Piers Morgan what he would do if his own daughter approached him, begging for an abortion after having been raped, Santorum explained that he would counsel her to "accept this horribly created" baby, because it was still a gift from God, even if given in a "broken" way.

"Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice, I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or she doesn't, it will always be her child, and she will always know that," Santorum said.
I wonder what his wife would say in that situation.

Plenty of Women have done just that. Had the Kid and Made a good thing out of a bad one. What's wrong with that? Why do you have to want all children of Rape to be Aborted?

What is wrong about what he said? it is still her Child. Just because some asshole rapped her does not mean half the DNA that made the kid wasn't hers. It does not mean if she has the kid she wont love it. Some might not, Some might. Woman should make the Decision on a case by case Basis. But I see no problem with encouraging woman to think about Keeping the kid, and trying to find something good that come out of something so bad. Like a Child to love and cherish.

Plenty of Women have done just that. Had the Kid and Made a good thing out of a bad one. What's wrong with that? Why do you have to want all children of Rape to be Aborted?

What is wrong about what he said? it is still her Child. Just because some asshole rapped her does not mean half the DNA that made the kid wasn't hers. It does not mean if she has the kid she wont love it. Some might not, Some might. Woman should make the Decision on a case by case Basis. But I see no problem with encouraging woman to think about Keeping the kid, and trying to find something good that come out of something so bad. Like a Child to love and cherish.

While I totally get what you're saying... the simple fact is that it is an outrage to force a woman in that situation to have the child. It's fine and dandy in theory... but it's real life to some women. I would hope that they would have the courage to have the child and put it up for adoption... but never in a million years would I dare look that woman in the eye and say 'you MUST have this kid'. And I am seriously pro life. To me, there would be no decision... but I am not other women and they have the right to choose differently. That's part of being a conservative.

How would you like being a pod for a lunatic's baby? I believe that's best left up to the pod - the woman!

Unless rape gives you "lemonAIDS".

These right wingers. Are they sane? One wonders.

How would you like being a pod for a lunatic's baby? I believe that's best left up to the pod - the woman!

A pod?! Jesus Christ, it's damned FRIGHTENING how hostile some of you people are to femaleness, children, and motherhood.

Pregnancy is a lot more than just being some mindless, helpless incubator - yes, even in the case of rape - and it's just sad that some people would condemn a woman to even more pain and brokenness in the aftermath of a tragedy just because of their own hatred of the female role in human reproduction.

But then, I guess if rape victims were counseled that they could view the child's birth in a positive light and use it to help heal and move on, you'd all lose your favorite human shields in the abortion war, wouldn't you?

Well since it is the woman's fault for allowing herself to be raped, she should be forced to carry the child to term and then raise it. She should also be forced to marry her rapist. Oh, that's a Muslim thing; I forgot.

I don't think anyone would argue that a woman should have the right to have her baby killed after he/she is born; some people believe that there's no difference if the fetus is terminated at any time before birth. New life is new life, with all it's possibilities; the question is whether we should allow the decision to end that new life simply because birth has not taken place yet. It's not the baby's fault if the circumstances of conception, no? Some might say the only situation where the abortion should be considered is if the mother's life is in jeopardy.

I have a feeling if Santorum had his way, he would also forbid women to drive and stone them to death for adultery.

I have a feeling if Santorum had his way, he would also forbid women to drive and stone them to death for adultery.

Well, that's what happens when you think with your glands instead of your brain. See if you can fix that, please.

Perhaps he should be placed in a cell block for a couple of days at the Lousiana State Penitentiary at Angola. He should be dressed in a feminine manner and forced to take showers with all the inmates during every shift.

After a few rounds with no interference by staff, he should be given a debriefing, offered no counseling, no STD testing, and see if he still feels that he can "make the best out of a bad situation."

Well, that's what happens when you think with your glands instead of your brain. See if you can fix that, please.

This coming from someone quoting Herbert Spencer... who was against women's suffrage in his later years because women tended to vote for authoritarian leaders and thereby obstruct the natural progress towards an egalitarian society. He also believed women shouldn't use their heads to think because it took away energy from breeding.

This coming from someone quoting Herbert Spencer... who was against women's suffrage in his later years because women tended to vote for authoritarian leaders and thereby obstruct the natural progress towards an egalitarian society. He also believed women shouldn't use their heads to think because it took away energy from breeding.

And you know what? Looking at the way women as a group vote, y'have to wonder if he didn't have a point.

Forum List

Back