Rick Perry: "Why I Supported Al Gore"

Based on what? We are talking about Al Gore here. He isn't exactly Mr National defense.

What? Where did Gore ever act in a way as to make you think he would roll over and let the country get invaded?

Just because he's not "Yeehaw!! Guns a-blazin'!! Lets invade some random country!!" doesn't make him weak on defense.

Exactly!

I always thought it was interesting we invaded Iraq when for one Bin Laden was from Afghanistan, and second the majority of the 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia.

Do you mean that we would be speaking Arabic and kneeling in prayer three times a day?

Immie

If you believe that, you are a moron.

You are the one that made the claim. How would things be different?

Maybe you meant that we would not be allowed to air condition or heat our homes between the hours of 8am and 8pm? We would all be required to purchase the Gore Automobile which ran on pedal power and cost $25,000 each?

How would things be different?

Immie

Well at least he wouldn't have invaded a country for its oil claiming it was because of the 9/11 attacks.

I know, we all know that most of you know we wouldn't be in the mess we are in if Gore would have been elected.

Not going to vote Perry, but he has gained a few points with me... He stood up to far right social conservatives when he said states should have the right to decide who should be allowed to marry, and now I hear he isn't exactly best buds with Rove.
Of course I am sure the right will alienate him so how, even though he is probably their best choice for a nominee.

Did Sarah Palin ever support a democrat? No but Rick Perry did. His name was Al Gore, inventor of the internet, a man who couldn't except defeat at the hands of George Bush when he lost to him for the Presidency in 2000. What does this say about Rick Perry? It means he accepted the ideology of Al Gores. So it begs the question that we need answered:

Who did he vote for in 1976, 1980 and 1984, if he was Gore’s Texas Campaign Chairman in 1988? This is no joke , Perry supported Al Gore and did not support Reagan in the 80's.

Rick Perry backed an already-climate-crusading Al Gore in '88 - Bob King - POLITICO.com

In an interview with an Iowa radio station on Monday, the Republican presidential contender explained his role as the Gore campaign’s Texas chairman by saying that “this was Al Gore before he invented the Internet and got to be Mr. Global Warming.”

But in fact, global warming was already a significant theme for Gore in 1987 and 1988 — long before his activism led to several books, a Nobel Prize and a part in an Academy Award-winning film. It was also well before the right gave him the "Mr. Ozone" nickname

Another crusade. Btw Al Gore never once claimed he invented the internet and in this day and age anyone who keeps claiming it as fact is either dumb as dirt or lying on purpose. :cuckoo: Not that I support Perry in anyway but to try and hammer him with the Gore lie just gets my goat.

If you believe that, you are a moron.

You are the one that made the claim. How would things be different?

Maybe you meant that we would not be allowed to air condition or heat our homes between the hours of 8am and 8pm? We would all be required to purchase the Gore Automobile which ran on pedal power and cost $25,000 each?

How would things be different?

Immie

Well at least he wouldn't have invaded a country for its oil claiming it was because of the 9/11 attacks.

I know, we all know that most of you know we wouldn't be in the mess we are in if Gore would have been elected.

I'll give that to you about Iraq, but that is all I am giving, and actually, it was two countries.

I supported the capture of Saddam Hussein after that I felt it was time to get out. We were not supposed to be nation-building and that is exactly what we have been and are doing.

However, Gore was week, is week, is as week as they come.

Immie

Another crusade. Btw Al Gore never once claimed he invented the internet and in this day and age anyone who keeps claiming it as fact is either dumb as dirt or lying on purpose. :cuckoo: Not that I support Perry in anyway but to try and hammer him with the Gore lie just gets my goat.
I do too! The real quote is: ""During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

What's wrong with people? That sounds nothing like he invented the internet! :lol:

Funny story... My friend's mom worked for the actual people who invented the internet or had help in it. She would call my friend any time she had questions about the internet or her computer at work because she was too embarrassed to ask them.

I am not a big fan of Al Gore, but if Gore had won that election we would not be where we are at now.

You're absolutely right. Under a Gore presidency, here's what would have happened:

1. 9/11 would have happened, but the response would have been Al Gore having a meeting with Osama Bin Laden and other Al Qaeda leaders to find out why they were all so angry at the United States.

2. Gore would have permanently stopped all oil and gas exploration in the United States, and gasoline would be about $20.00 a gallon right now.

3. Most of the U.S. population would be riding bicycles, because only the "rich" could afford the price of gasoline or the cost of an all-electric automobile.

4. All nuclear power plants and coal-fired power plants would be either shut down or severely restricted in their power production, leading to widespread "brownouts" and "blackouts" and severe restrictions on the use of electricity. Once again, only the "rich" would be able to afford the "extravagance" of full-time electric service to their homes.

5. Food would be rationed due to the aforementioned high cost of gasoline, and civil unrest would be rampant.

The list goes on and on and on.

I am not a big fan of Al Gore, but if Gore had won that election we would not be where we are at now.

You're absolutely right. Under a Gore presidency, here's what would have happened:

1. 9/11 would have happened, but the response would have been Al Gore having a meeting with Osama Bin Laden and other Al Qaeda leaders to find out why they were all so angry at the United States.

2. Gore would have permanently stopped all oil and gas exploration in the United States, and gasoline would be about $20.00 a gallon right now.

3. Most of the U.S. population would be riding bicycles, because only the "rich" could afford the price of gasoline or the cost of an all-electric automobile.

4. All nuclear power plants and coal-fired power plants would be either shut down or severely restricted in their power production, leading to widespread "brownouts" and "blackouts" and severe restrictions on the use of electricity. Once again, only the "rich" would be able to afford the "extravagance" of full-time electric service to their homes.

5. Food would be rationed due to the aforementioned high cost of gasoline, and civil unrest would be rampant.

The list goes on and on and on.

I disagree. Had Al won his home state of Tennesse, purhaps he would have gone after al Queda by backing the Northern Alliance because of the USS Cole bombing (Clintons parting advice to Bush). But that too could have had consequences as al Queda had the cells for 9-11 in place....We'll never know.

The rest is just stupidity so good luck with that.

Forum List

Back