Rick Perry: Middle Income Americans Don't Pay Enough Income Taxes

Where in that Article does he say anything about the Middle Class? All I see is him saying something is not right about 50% of paying NO INCOME tax.

So if you're talking about HALF of American households, you're not talking about anyone in the MIDDLE??

lol

You alway defend obama when you think someone has taken his word out of context, but yet you're doing the samething . You're a hypocrite

I wasn't talking about Obama, and I didn't take Charles' words out of context.

I’ve been blissfully off the grid for the past few days, cycling in Western New York. (Allegany State Park is absolutely gorgeous. Made me be glad to be paying taxes in New York State.) I could forget about the debt ceiling fiasco, 9 percent unemployment, the tea party, runaway health spending, global warming, the NBA lockout…

But back in the real world, I learn from newly minted GOP presidential candidate Rick Perry what’s wrong with America—that middle income Americans don’t pay enough taxes. Really.

Rick Perry: Middle Income Americans Don't Pay Enough Income Taxes - Forbes

I'm sure the denizens of this board will agree with him completely, what with him being a Republican and all.

BDPoop lies again... heres the actual quote:

"We’re dismayed at the injustice that nearly half of all Americans don’t even pay any income tax. "

Literacy tests.

They are illegal, Jim.

Only because they were used for racial segregation and denying the vote to blacks.
If it were not for that they would be perfectly legal. And they ought to be.
How do you allow someone to vote who has no ideas of the issues, or even what the candidates stand for? The country was built on the idea of an informed electorate. This is why we had property qualifications. Take away the informed voter and you get pretty much what we have now.

This country was built on white males with property doing the voting. I think we've moved on from that. The founders aren't gods.

I already addressed that in post #3.

I'm assuming you're referring to post number four (unless Full Auto is a sock puppet of yours). :D

BTW it's another opinion piece. Uuuummmmmmmmm.
(Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Perry supporter but I am always desirous to see past any possible partisan crap, no matter which side spews it. I'm also a realist and understand that politicians almost always "play to their base").

LOL IS HE OR ISNT HE? Hmmmm :lol:

I'm assuming you're referring to post number four (unless Full Auto is a sock puppet of yours). :D

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Perry supporter but I am always desirous to see past any possible partisan crap, no matter which side spews it. I'm also a realist and understand that politicians almost always "play to their base").

Okay, so we just ignore everything everyone says because they're just running their mouth anyway?

Looking at it that way, the debt ceiling issue should have been much less stressful. :eusa_shhh:

Okay, so we just ignore everything everyone says because they're just running their mouth anyway?

Looking at it that way, the debt ceiling issue should have been much less stressful. :eusa_shhh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmZ9zH-mYM&feature=player_detailpage]Felonious Munk Presents: Stop It B! OBAMA PAY YOUR &*%$#% BILLS - YouTube[/ame]

Ignore? :eusa_eh:
No. Just separate the wheat from the chaff with a critical eye and ear.

I dont know why the right likes to beat up on the poor and then scream "CLASS WARFARE!"

The people that dont pay income taxes make a pittance and I will never understand what the point is of attacking them. Many rich people do not pay other taxes but the poorest amongst us are condemned and the other is applauded for skipping their taxes.

SO TRue....when will we get a break

Ignore? :eusa_eh:
No. Just separate the wheat from the chaff with a critical eye and ear.

And you're assuming that I didn't. Correct?

Why should people making $250,000 pay more while 50% of Americans pay nothing?

I answered that a while back. They shouldn't. Taxes need to be raised on everyone.

I agree.

But we must also address spending.

Real cuts, not smoke and mirrors.

Entitlement, solvency of Social Security and Medicare, defense...the whole enchilada.

Is Rick Perry also in favor of cutting social security and medicare? I don't know, I'm just asking. Defense?

How much do you think taxes on low- and middle- income people people should be raised?

I answered that a while back. They shouldn't. Taxes need to be raised on everyone.

I agree.

But we must also address spending.

Real cuts, not smoke and mirrors.

Entitlement, solvency of Social Security and Medicare, defense...the whole enchilada.

Couldn't agree more.

We need real cuts in spending and everything should be on the table.

The 50% who pay no income taxes need to pay up. Sure they pay payroll and the other taxes but then so does everyone else. I'm not rich by any means and I pay Fed taxes. Everyone should. If you have skin in the game you pay attention.

If they are gonna raise taxes then they need to raise em on everyone not just those "who can afford" it.

They also need to stop giving taxpayer money back to those who do not pay in. What a bunch of bs that is.

How do you raise taxes on people who can't afford it?

And it's playing word games to say that we don't pay, when it comes directly out of our paychecks. If a family of four with both parents working are making it on under $40k, then no. Between the marriage break and the kid break, they get those funds back. But they DO pay taxes and it is bullshit that he's saying something that simply is not true. They get the monies back because that's how the government is set up. You can't fault people for that.

They're not slackers. They're not dead weight, nor are they 'being carried by the rest of' you. They have an income, they are living off that income.

People who work, are by definition not slackers. In America, people who don't work are mostly the very rich and the very poor. The poor consume very few resources. The rich, on the other hand, consume a wildly disproportionate share of the goods and services working people produce.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmZ9zH-mYM&feature=player_detailpage]Felonious Munk Presents: Stop It B! OBAMA PAY YOUR &*%$#% BILLS - YouTube[/ame]
Black people are proud we have a fucking black president B you'er acting like a black person pay you fucking bills B.

Damn that guy's is so fucking funny.
:lol:

Rick Perry’s warped tax ‘injustice’ - The Washington Post

Really? Of all the ills in the world, of all the problems with the economy, all the difficulties with the tax code, this is the one that Rick Perry chooses to lament?

Perry’s statement conjures visions of America as Slacker Nation, where the overburdened wagon-pullers drag an increasingly heavy burden of freeloaders. His number is correct but, like other conservatives who have seized on the statistic, Perry draws from it a dangerously misleading lesson.

He doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination if he's going to keep spouting this shit.

Are you under the mistaken illusion that dimoRats are gonna do the nominating? Cause that's sure as hell what you sound like. Batshitcrazy.:cuckoo:

I'm sure the denizens of this board will agree with him completely, what with him being a Republican and all.
More bullcrap.

The only quote in the blog from Perry is this one.
We’re dismayed at the injustice that nearly half of all Americans don’t even pay any income tax.

Newsflash...I'm in the middle...I pay taxes...Perry isn't talking about the middle. This blogger is a liar.

I am dismayed that half of all American's don't pay any income taxes while demanding others pay more and more.
Why? Because they have no skin in the game.

When half the population can vote for the other half to pay their way...THAT'S A PROBLEM.

It is one of the biggest pitfalls of the democratic system.

Everyone should contribute something, even if it is only one percent for minimum wage.

As the left is so fond of chanting, everyone should pay a fair share.

Best post of the day.:clap2:

Every adult should pay taxes. At least $1. I'm pretty sure I could get a dollar from the homeless guy outside the building to keep living in this country. Nobody should be a net receiver of tax dollars. People would be a lot more likely to agree on the direction this country takes if these things were true.

To the extent that "middle income" people do not pay taxes, they should be made to. How did our fearless vice president put it, "It's time to be patriotic. It's time to get in the game."

Every adult should pay taxes. At least $1. I'm pretty sure I could get a dollar from the homeless guy outside the building to keep living in this country. Nobody should be a net receiver of tax dollars. People would be a lot more likely to agree on the direction this country takes if these things were true.

To the extent that "middle income" people do not pay taxes, they should be made to. How did our fearless vice president put it, "It's time to be patriotic. It's time to get in the game."

We need a fair flat tax, no exceptions, no excuses, no loopholes.

He doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination if he's going to keep spouting this shit.

It’s the GWB do-over: idiocy in action – the right can’t help but love him.

:clap2:

Why are you clapping the bush do over has already been taken obama has that job but he's doing 10 times the damage Bush did.

Total Tax Revenue by country and Savings - as a % of Gross Domestic Product

Country / Tax % / Savings %
Austrailia 30.8% / 2.5% (AAA rating)

Austria 42.3% / 9.8%

Canada 33.3% / 1.1%

Finland 43.0% / -2.2%

France 43.5% / 12.3%

Germany 36.2% / 10.6%

Italy 43.5% / 6.8%

Japan 28.3% / 2.6%

Korea 26.5% / 2.5%

Netherlands 37.5% / 6.4%

Norway 43.6% / 1.4%

Sweden 48.3% / 7.8%

Switzerland 28.9% / 9.5%

United States 28.3% / 1.2%

Sources: OECD Tax Database and OECD Economic Outlook Database
- tax data was from 2007
- savings rates from 2009

http://squirrelers.com/2010/09/01/1132/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_by_public_debt
It would appear that you can have a high tax rate and low national debt or a low tax rate and a high national debt - but not both.

In reality, a high national debt is nothing more than a deferred tax.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back