Rick Perry Just Lost The Southern Vote: Comes Out And Opposes The Confederate Flag

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
What a huge political mistake. There are so many compassionate voters who love and adore the Confederate Flag. The Confederate flag is a symbol of the Confederacy. That is what it represents-not slavery, not racism as pandering Perry alleges. To millions of southerners, it is family heritage to them because their not to long ago ancestors fought and died for that flag and now Confederate flag loyalist are fuming mad. Perry committed political suicide today when he came out in opposition of a Confederate Flag license plate for Texans. Believe me, this will truely have consequences for Rick Perry on a massive scale. There is nothing wrong with the Confederate Flag at all and it is not racist. It is a symbol of our southern heritage, pride and traditions.

Rick Perry comes out against Confederate flag license plate | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
What a huge political mistake. There are so many compassionate voters who love and adore the Confederate Flag. To millions of southerners, it is family heritage to them because their not to long ago ancestors fought and died for that flag and now Confederate flag loyalist are fuming mad. Perry committed political suicide today when he came out in opposition of a Confederate Flag license plate for Texans. Believe me, this will truely have consequences for Rick Perry on a massive scale. There is nothing wrong with the Confederate Flag at all and it is not racist. It is a symbol of our southern heritage, pride and traditions.

Rick Perry comes out against Confederate flag license plate | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

If an out and out racist like you thinks he made a mistake then it's a sure sign he did the right thing.

• Banned
What a huge political mistake. There are so many compassionate voters who love and adore the Confederate Flag. To millions of southerners, it is family heritage to them because their not to long ago ancestors fought and died for that flag and now Confederate flag loyalist are fuming mad. Perry committed political suicide today when he came out in opposition of a Confederate Flag license plate for Texans. Believe me, this will truely have consequences for Rick Perry on a massive scale. There is nothing wrong with the Confederate Flag at all and it is not racist. It is a symbol of our southern heritage, pride and traditions.

If an out and out racist like you thinks he made a mistake then it's a sure sign he did the right thing.
How is he doing the right thing by opposing the Confederate Flag? I can guarantee you this, he just lost South Carolina with this flip flop. Perry is a politically correct coward.

Last edited:
He opposes the flag of a foreign, and now defunct, country, and that's supposed to be a bad thing? I have to say that I'm surprised that the secessionist Perry would do that, then on the other hand I guess I'm really not. If he's going to ever convince people to vote him as President of our country he needs to make people forget that he wants to leave our country.

Fuck the Confederate flag.

onion_imagearticle961.jpg

• Banned

Rick Perry is a symbol of race treason and political opportunism, a bottom dweller who licks the boots of Mexican invaders for a vote. I'm currently reading volume two of Shelby Foote's narrative of the Civil War. He describes an anti-negro rampage in New York City in 1863. The citizens were outraged that they were being conscripted to risk death fighting the South in order to free blacks. It was also rather hypocritical of Honest Abe to be emancipating southern negroes while northern negroes were still held as slaves.

Quote:
Initially intended to express anger at the draft, the protests turned ugly and degraded into "a virtual racial pogrom, with uncounted numbers of blacks murdered on the streets". The conditions in the city were such that Major General John E. Wool stated on July 16, "Martial law ought to be proclaimed, but I have not a sufficient force to enforce it."[6] The military suppressed the mob using artillery and fixed bayonets, but not before numerous buildings were ransacked or destroyed, including many homes and an orphanage for black children.
New York City draft riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rick Perry is a symbol of race treason and political opportunism, a bottom dweller who licks the boots of Mexican invaders for a vote. I'm currently reading volume two of Shelby Foote's narrative of the Civil War. He describes an anti-negro rampage in New York City in 1863. The citizens were outraged that they were being conscripted to risk death fighting the South in order to free blacks. It was also rather hypocritical of Honest Abe to be emancipating southern negroes while northern negroes were still held as slaves.

Quote:
Initially intended to express anger at the draft, the protests turned ugly and degraded into "a virtual racial pogrom, with uncounted numbers of blacks murdered on the streets". The conditions in the city were such that Major General John E. Wool stated on July 16, "Martial law ought to be proclaimed, but I have not a sufficient force to enforce it."[6] The military suppressed the mob using artillery and fixed bayonets, but not before numerous buildings were ransacked or destroyed, including many homes and an orphanage for black children.
New York City draft riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My respect for Rick Perry has risen now that USArmyRacist is dissing him.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
What a huge political mistake.

Perhaps, or maybe Perry’s playing the long game; conservatives don’t elect presidents, moderates, independents, and weak democrats do, and they tend not to be ‘stars ‘n’ bars’ folks.

There are so many compassionate voters who love and adore the Confederate Flag. The Confederate flag is a symbol of the Confederacy. That is what it represents-not slavery, not racism as pandering Perry alleges. To millions of southerners, it is family heritage to them because their not to long ago ancestors fought and died for that flag and now Confederate flag loyalist are fuming mad. Perry committed political suicide today when he came out in opposition of a Confederate Flag license plate for Texans. Believe me, this will truely have consequences for Rick Perry on a massive scale. There is nothing wrong with the Confederate Flag at all and it is not racist. It is a symbol of our southern heritage, pride and traditions.

Otherwise, you’re an idiot.

What a huge political mistake. There are so many compassionate voters who love and adore the Confederate Flag. The Confederate flag is a symbol of the Confederacy. That is what it represents-not slavery, not racism as pandering Perry alleges. To millions of southerners, it is family heritage to them because their not to long ago ancestors fought and died for that flag and now Confederate flag loyalist are fuming mad. Perry committed political suicide today when he came out in opposition of a Confederate Flag license plate for Texans. Believe me, this will truely have consequences for Rick Perry on a massive scale. There is nothing wrong with the Confederate Flag at all and it is not racist. It is a symbol of our southern heritage, pride and traditions.

I'm not crazy about Perry but I have to say, ARE YOU JUST PLAIN STUPID???????????????????

I don't think most voters give a damn about the confederate flag one way or another.

They CARE ABOUT JOBS.

Trust me. If it's question between Perry vs. Obama in 2012, I'm voting for Perry.

I care about the jobs that a Perry admin may spur. How many voters do you REALLY THINK are going to consider the confederate flag when they vote in 2012????? I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

I may live in Ohio, but I was raised in the South. I don't give a damn about the Confederate Flag. There is a LOT more to the South than that stupid flag.

Don't give me that isn't about racism with you, when you have two black people portrayed as monkeys in your avatar.

I mean REALLY?????????????????????

I don't like Obama either, but it isn't color with me, It's his bad policies, so please ditch the EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE AVATAR.

It shouldn't be about color with you, either.

Get a grip!

I'm not crazy about Perry but I have to say, ARE YOU JUST PLAIN STUPID???????????????????

I don't think most voters give a damn about the confederate flag one way or another.

They CARE ABOUT JOBS.

Trust me. If it's question between Perry vs. Obama in 2012, I'm voting for Perry.

I care about the jobs that a Perry admin may spur. How many voters do you REALLY THINK are going to consider the confederate flag when they vote in 2012????? I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

I may live in Ohio, but I was raised in the South. I don't give a damn about the Confederate Flag. There is a LOT more to the South than that stupid flag.

Don't give me that isn't about racism with you, when you have two black people portrayed as monkeys in your avatar.

I don't like Obama either, but it isn't color with me, It's his bad policies, so please ditch the EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE AVATAR.

Get a grip!
The liberal political correctness has corrupted your mind at the behest of Zionists. Wake up!!!

Nah, fuck you.

Perry has been generally indifferent to slightly supportive of the SCV's attempt to get the license plate until he got his case of Potomac Fever.

He is just being an opportunist politician, all of the normal talking points regarding the battle flag notwithstanding.

It's a symbol of your "Southern Heritage" all right. That's what I've been saying all along. It's a huge part of why the Republican Party is 90% white. Oh, and of course, it has nothing to do with race. Yea, sure. Nothing at all. Uh huh. Yep.

Nah, fuck you.

Perry has been generally indifferent to slightly supportive of the SCV's attempt to get the license plate until he got his case of Potomac Fever.

He is just being an opportunist politician, all of the normal talking points regarding the battle flag notwithstanding.

Oh, and it won't change but maybe thirty votes.

They CARE ABOUT JOBS.

Get a grip!
The liberal political correctness has corrupted your mind at the behest of Zionists. Wake up!!!

At the behest of Zionists????????????????

Dude, you are loon! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

It IS about racism with you.

Stop pretending otherwise.

You aren't a conservative. You're a John Bircher

Forum List

Back