Rick Perry - Handicapping the GOP Hopefuls

Or, don't be forced to do so, and have the couple find someone else. Your solution requires force, mine does not.

You really get a hard on ruining other people's lives, don't you?

And honestly when it comes to actual lesbian weddings, we are not dealing with "chicks" in the traditional sense.

I've known some pretty fucking hot Lesbians. But that's not the point.

I had a former boss who was a lesbian, and she had a great expression - "You don't get people in trouble, people get themselves in trouble."

If you choose to be in the wedding business, then you have offered services to anyone who can get married. You made THAT decision. You picked to do that for a living.

And the fact is, a lot of these "Christian" service providers happily provide these services to people who lived together before marriage, people who aren't getting married in their denomination, and so on. They just want to pick on THIS supposed rule their sky fairy says is wrong to rationalize their own bigotry.

No, people who got into the wedding business decades ago had no idea they would be forced to perform services at a gay wedding. The concept of forcing people to work at something they don't want to is a sad progressive form of slavery.

YOU do not get to choose how someone practices their religion, and neither does government unless some overwhelming interest is concerned (like a religion involving another crime).

No, you are making them attend and condone the wedding. hiding behind "Its a business hurr durr" is your way of escaping the fact that you get off on forcing people to do things they don't want to do. It used to be the purview of state religions, now it is the purview of the progressive left. You have replaced jesus/god/buddah/kali with a political theory, nothing more.

I got picked on at school, can I force my bullies to go to my wedding if they don't want to?

What does Rick Perry have to do with wedding cakes?

In the end, it all ends up at wedding cakes.

Has Rick Perry refused to attend gay weddings?

Has he been forced to under penalty of government sanction?

In my view, Rick Perry should make wedding cakes regardless of whether it is a straight or gay wedding

Is he afraid he will catch something?

In my opinion you are a insipid ass-hat.

What does Rick Perry have to do with wedding cakes?

In my view, Rick Perry should make wedding cakes regardless of whether it is a straight or gay wedding

I'm not the one with a wedding cake obsession

I'm not the one with a wedding cake obsession

It's a freedom obsession, you are the people trying to ruin others over wedding cakes.

No, people who got into the wedding business decades ago had no idea they would be forced to perform services at a gay wedding. The concept of forcing people to work at something they don't want to is a sad progressive form of slavery.

YOU do not get to choose how someone practices their religion, and neither does government unless some overwhelming interest is concerned (like a religion involving another crime).

Six years ago, the company I work at was a pretty cool place to work, until they put children into the management positions. But guess what, I'm still going to go to work today and do the best job I can, and I won't consider it slavery. That was the job I signed up to do. At some point, I'll move on to a better one, but I'll do the job I agreed to do until then.

These folks established a business where they promised to provide services for weddings. They even advertised they offered these services. You can have all the religion you want. Your business doesn't have a religion.

Now, if you don't want to provide gay wedding cakes maybe one day a year, it's pretty simple.

Get out of the bakery business.

Six years ago, the company I work at was a pretty cool place to work, until they put children into the management positions. But guess what, I'm still going to go to work today and do the best job I can, and I won't consider it slavery. That was the job I signed up to do. At some point, I'll move on to a better one, but I'll do the job I agreed to do until then.

These folks established a business where they promised to provide services for weddings. They even advertised they offered these services. You can have all the religion you want. Your business doesn't have a religion.

Now, if you don't want to provide gay wedding cakes maybe one day a year, it's pretty simple.

Get out of the bakery business.

Or you and your ilk can stop being such whiny bitches.

Waaaa!!! people don't love me waaaaaa!!!!

It's a freedom obsession, you are the people trying to ruin others over wedding cakes.

How is it that Conservatives have conflated "Freedom" with "Being an asshole".

How is it that progressives have equated "freedom" with "agreeing with what "I" say is right"

and to correct your statement, libertarians equate freedom with the right to be an asshole in a limited way. YOU want freedom only for your assholes.

No, you are making them attend and condone the wedding. hiding behind "Its a business hurr durr" is your way of escaping the fact that you get off on forcing people to do things they don't want to do. It used to be the purview of state religions, now it is the purview of the progressive left. You have replaced jesus/god/buddah/kali with a political theory, nothing more.

I got picked on at school, can I force my bullies to go to my wedding if they don't want to?

If you don't want to attend gay weddings...

Then don't be in the business of producing wedding cakes, wedding photography, or wedding receptions. Then there is absolutely no chance you can be involved in a gay wedding or having that shock moment, "Oh, my God, you are two chicks!!!!"

Or, don't be forced to do so, and have the couple find someone else. Your solution requires force, mine does not.

And honestly when it comes to actual lesbian weddings, we are not dealing with "chicks" in the traditional sense.

I don't give a shit

Rick Perry should not be allowed to discriminate whether he hates gays or not

Then don't be in the business of producing wedding cakes, wedding photography, or wedding receptions. Then there is absolutely no chance you can be involved in a gay wedding or having that shock moment, "Oh, my God, you are two chicks!!!!"

I don't give a shit

In his capacity as a governor or a potential president, yes. If he wants to bake cake for weddings he should be able to discriminate as he sees fit.

I don't give a shit

In his capacity as a governor or a potential president, yes. If he wants to bake cake for weddings he should be able to discriminate as he sees fit.

Obviously not presidential material

I don't give a shit

I was just thinking the same thing about Obama.

I don't give a shit

I was just thinking the same thing about Obama.

Day late, dollar short

How is it that progressives have equated "freedom" with "agreeing with what "I" say is right"

and to correct your statement, libertarians equate freedom with the right to be an asshole in a limited way. YOU want freedom only for your assholes.

Libertarians want the benefits of a civil society without the obligations.

Libertarians want the benefits of a civil society without the obligations.

Such a simplistic statement from a simple man. Libertarians want government to focus on important stuff within its constitutional purview, not forcing bakers to make cakes.

Such a simplistic statement from a simple man. Libertarians want government to focus on important stuff within its constitutional purview, not forcing bakers to make cakes.

Sorry, dude, I think government shouldn't be limited to the imagination of 18th century slave rapists.

Then work to amend the document, don't go for end runs.

and fuck you in the eye for your usual disrespect for our founding fathers.

Forum List

Back