Ricin found in 2 Letters, 1 to Obama

Interesting that anthrax was sent out just after 9/11.
The ricin letter to Wicker appears to have been sent before the Marathon since they were notified it had tested positive on Tuesday.

News is now there is possibly a 3rd letter sent to someone in the House.

The letter to Obama comes one day after another envelope to Sen. Roger Wicker, R-MS, tested positive for ricin.

The bomb squad is on scene at the Hart and Russell Senate buildings. Some parts of the U.S. Capital are being cleared.

Reports state that investigators are looking into a suspicious envelope or package at the office of Sen. Richard Shelby, R-AL.

Letters to Obama, Senate deemed 'suspicious' - KCTV5

Shelby was against the legislation so doesn't appear to be connected with gun control.

White HOuse is referring reporters to FBI as to whether this and the bombings could be connected.
Listening to White House brieifing.

The ricin letter to Wicker appears to have been sent before the Marathon since they were notified it had tested positive on Tuesday.

Ah-ha, I thought I would be first with that observation, but you beat me to it, depotoo. [:)

AND they are clearing the Senate Office Building because of a suspicious package now. Hard to say what is an excess of caution until the news stabilizes, but it DOES look like a coordinated one-two punch EXACTLY like before, only I guess they couldn't get anthrax from Fort Detrick this time. :eek: :doubt:

They can make ricin, and a lot of people have.

It would be easy to throw the country into a tizzy this way, one person could do it, getting it all ready in advance, mailing off the letters and packages, then travelling to Boston, by car, with bombs ready.

Ah-ha, I thought I would be first with that observation, but you beat me to it, depotoo. [:)

AND they are clearing the Senate Office Building because of a suspicious package now. Hard to say what is an excess of caution until the news stabilizes, but it DOES look like a coordinated one-two punch EXACTLY like before, only I guess they couldn't get anthrax from Fort Detrick this time. :eek: :doubt:

They can make ricin, and a lot of people have.

It would be easy to throw the country into a tizzy this way, one person could do it, getting it all ready in advance, mailing off the letters and packages, then travelling to Boston, by car, with bombs ready.

yeah, it's going to be interesting to find out if indeed they are connected.

The last time this happened the anthrax letters got sent simply to well-known figures in politics and news media, possibly just well known to the terrorist. It makes sense to look for political patterns, though. May not be anything to that, especially if the attackers are foreign (al Qaeda wouldn't care about our gun bills), but they may just be trying to cause a big uproar like in 2001.

A lot of messing with our heads is going on: North Korea, for instance. I don't suggest NK is necessarily doing any of this kind of attack, but there is a lot of psyops going on.

I think it was Bill Frist.

Gun control isn't coming fast enough to suit KC.
Apparently Wicker wasn't gonna' vote for the Gun Control Bill either.

But of course, that would just be a "Conspiracy Theory". :cuckoo:

Supposedly Wicker was thinking of voting for the bill. Shelby, however, was not.

Obama and Wicker were sent letters with ricin, Shelby is reporting a "suspicious package" but his office was not evacuated, so it's likely nothing.

Apparently Wicker wasn't gonna' vote for the Gun Control Bill either.

But of course, that would just be a "Conspiracy Theory". :cuckoo:

Supposedly Wicker was thinking of voting for the bill. Shelby, however, was not.

Obama and Wicker were sent letters with ricin, Shelby is reporting a "suspicious package" but his office was not evacuated, so it's likely nothing.

The bomb squad is on scene at the Hart and Russell Senate buildings. Some parts of the U.S. Capital are being cleared.
and according to someone (sorry didn't catch the name, in other room) came out of a meeting and said it was a letter to another member.

CNN) — A letter addressed to President Barack Obama that contained a suspicious substance was similar to an envelope sent to a U.S. senator that initially tested positive for the deadly poison ricin, a law enforcement source said Wednesday. U.S. Capitol Police began evacuating the first floor of a Senate office building on Wednesday because of the package, according to a CNN producer on the scene. In addition, security officers cleared the hall outside the office of Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Alabama, in another Senate office building due to a suspicious envelope.

and according to someone (sorry didn't catch the name, in other room) came out of a meeting and said it was a letter to another member.

Ouch. The expansion of the evacuations have happened while I've been here on this forum; I'd better check the news.

We live between New York and Washington and I remember being told by the post office -- yes, I kid you not -- to IRON our mail, so scared of the anthrax we all were.

Of course, it killed very quickly, but so does ricin.

This time I am NOT going to get upset. I was mildly depressed for six months after 9/11; I suppose a lot of us were, but here near the attacked areas it was the pits, I can tell you: the Army base closed and to get in you had to pass German shepherd dogs and get the car searched totally and they had sandbags against retreats for gunners and the guards all carried M-16s, all the time. I think I'd have been all right except for that daily reminder.

I never would travel through New York again; I had always used the Twin Towers as a landmark guide and I didn't want to see where they weren't. We would go around the west way to Boston.

Ouch. The expansion of the evacuations have happened while I've been here on this forum; I'd better check the news.

We live between New York and Washington and I remember being told by the post office -- yes, I kid you not -- to IRON our mail, so scared of the anthrax we all were.

Of course, it killed very quickly, but so does ricin.

This time I am NOT going to get upset. I was mildly depressed for six months after 9/11; I suppose a lot of us were, but here near the attacked areas it was the pits, I can tell you: the Army base closed and to get in you had to pass German shepherd dogs and get the car searched totally and they had sandbags against retreats for gunners and the guards all carried M-16s, all the time. I think I'd have been all right except for that daily reminder.

I never would travel through New York again; I had always used the Twin Towers as a landmark guide and I didn't want to see where they weren't. We would go around the west way to Boston.

yeah, I live in Palm Beach county. It was 7 years before the building where anthrax was found and killed some here was cleaned up.

Forum List

Back