Rich people voted for Obama

who is lowering the taxes of the rich and raising the taxes of the poor? republican tax cuts are across the board.

how fair is evening things out? i don't like the government telling me i have to do anything especially give money. the government should stay out of my wallet and allow me to chose who i give money to.

How does a cut in the estate tax benefit the poor>

What a shock. Those are usually the same people who are so disconnected with the reality of scratching for a dollar they can afford the luxury of lofty, stupid, and unrealistic do-gooder ideals and have the spare time to sit and worry about the crap.

Really? That's interesting. I know a fair amount of people in this demo. Almost all of them work like dogs. All of them are educated and intelligent.

You must know some different people.

Their taxes will be raised and they'll miss some caviar or a trip to Europe. The guy who makes $30k will be missing his mortgage payment.

The guy making $30k is already missing his mortgage payment.

There sure are.

But generally, the more intelligent you are and the more educated you are, the more money you make.

Oh, I don't know about that.

I meet a whole lot of people who make me think:

If you're so rich why aren't you smart?

Last edited:
With the right accountant they pay less than the average person in comparison.

Bingo!

Mainly salaried empolyees making over 200K$ annually will be impacted by the tax increase. Those they work for (more specifically - their accounts) will adjust cashflow accordingly to realize a net income, for their employers, equal to or greater than what they made last year; usually through reductions of operating costs or price increases. In any event the wealthiest may well find this tax increase an opportunity to increase their net income, rather than reduce it.

The moral of this story is: What trickles up WILL trickle down.

There sure are.

But generally, the more intelligent you are and the more educated you are, the more money you make.

I don’t know about how smart the rich necessarily are, but it’s a universal that they are all smart enough to know that it makes sense to pay someone who is smart and has degrees like wallpaper to do their taxes.

I don’t understand why “Joe Sixpack” won’t listen to those same people when they tell them that they are getting fu*cd over by the rich on a daily basis. Case in point, the federal estate tax (which kicks in at $7M) will expire in 2009, I would bet that, just by continuing the current estate tax now in place, the Republicans will tell American families (that are losing their homes BTW) that the Democrats raised taxes by 56 Billion. No matter what tax policy experts say, middle America will believe that crap, even though it only impacts the top .3% (as in .003) taxpayers.

It’s like how the IRS under W selected folks for audit, there was an edict that the IRS go after individuals claiming the EITC, we are talking families with 4 kids that make less than $30,000 per year where the most the IRS could capture would be $500-$1000. Not only was it mean, it was also a waste of the service’s resources.

Now the target is going to be taxpayers who pay under the AMT because:

If the service catches an error it actually makes money for the government.

Remember, this isn’t raising taxes, it just ensuring that everyone pays what is required of them.

Remember, this isn’t raising taxes, it just ensuring that everyone pays what is required of them.

You’re joking with us, right?

The only people who pay "what is required of them", which is dictated to them by the geniuses we send to Washington to represent us, are the people who can not find safe harbor within our current tax code system because, they don't make enough money.

The real problem is: Those who have the power to do something about it, the majority, never will. Not because they think it can’t be done, but because they believe nobody will support them, if they try.

Last edited:

You’re joking with us, right?

The only people who pay "what is required of them", which is dictated to them by the geniuses we send to Washington to represent us, are the people who can not find safe harbor within our current tax code system because, they don't make enough money.

The real problem is: Those who have the power to do something about it, the majority, never will. Not because they think it can’t be done, but because they believe nobody will support them, if they try.

I was just saying that it will be refreshing to see the IRS audit more people subject to the AMT and fever who receive the EITC. I don’t make the rules, I don’t even like a lot of the rules, but everyone should need to abide by them, even the wealthy.

I was just saying that it will be refreshing to see the IRS audit more people subject to the AMT and fever who receive the EITC. I don’t make the rules, I don’t even like a lot of the rules, but everyone should need to abide by them, even the wealthy.
your proof that the reverse was happening?

Forum List

Back