Rice and Beans

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
A staple in my diet, I have em several times a week. You probably enjoy them, too. Thing is, I'm running out of ideas to mix with the rice and beans.

So far, I've tried:

Tomatoes, Rice and Beans
Tumeric, Rice and Beans
Chili Powder, Rice and Beans
Cumin, Rice and Beans
Curry, Rice and Beans
Onions, Rice and Beans
Eggs, Rice and Beans
Peppers, Rice and Beans
Jalapenos, Rice and Beans
Mozzarella, Rice and Beans
Blue Cheese, Rice and Beans (ick)
Red Wine, Rice and Beans (double ick)

I've also mixed most of these ingredients in combo-dishes (Onions, Tomatoes, Rice and Beans).

Do you have any favorite rice and beans recipes? Only rule: no meat allowed (not because I'm vegetarian).

Last edited:
franks and beans sounds pretty good. I may try that tomorrow. Beans, rice, franks, and eggs.

No meat though? That's a challenge. Beans, rice, crushed chips, and eggs?

Being from Louisiana, red beans and rice is a must have. I always liked red beans on fresh, hot cornbread........ really good.

We normally make this with Andouille sausage but you don't have to...... it does ad a lot of flavor.

1 Onion, chopped 1 Small bag of small red kidney beans
1/2 Bell pepper, chopped Salt and pepper to taste, Cayenne pepper is best
2 cloves of garlic
1 stalk of celery, chopped

Saute onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. Add about 6 cups of water(you might put in chicken or beef broth to add flavor without the sausage). Add either 1 tablespoon of Tony Chachere's Famous Creole Seasoning or salt and pepper to taste. Cook until beans are soft. Put on rice or cornbread.

A great breakfast treat with left over rice is rice and eggs.

3 tbsp. light olive oil 3 c. cooked rice I like Mahatma brown rice
3 eggs, beaten salt and pepper

Heat oil in skillet; add rice. Stir until well heated. Add eggs. Lower heat and mix well until eggs are cooked. Salt and pepper.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek3XKF2GcjE]YouTube - Theres Something About Mary - Bathroom Scene (HQ)[/ame]

Beano, rice and beans

Probably a very good idea, especially with the large kidney beans....... a lot of energy in each of those units.

Rice and beans with beano

Rice and beans without beano

flamethrower_upward.jpg

hoping to change from rice to beans!!!!! and maybe a job!!!! still hope coming soon Obama's job and economic recovery program # 2!!!!

Forum List

Back