Apple pie tonight

• Banned
My mom is a fabulous pie maker, and made lots of them when I was growing up (and after!)

I was never a huge fan of apple pie, either...until I became an adult.

My kids like it, though. My daughter doesn't like sweets, but she likes apples. And my boy will eat anything sweet.

And it's CHEAP. Apples are cheap. And relatively healthy, all things considered. And it makes the house smell wonderful.

Love pie, and love apples, but for some reason I'm not a fan of the apple pie.

I like oranges, but I hate orange juice. Go figure.

AllieBaba ... I hope you had some vanilla bean ice cream to go with that apple pie!

With OJ you get what you pay for.

Tropicana Pure Premium with some pulp is as close to a fresh squeezed orange as you can get.

I live off of it.

My 7-y.o. daughter is enamored of cooking lately. She's currently on a baked potato kick (in the microwave) and has helped me make bread and some other stuff.

So tonight we're making apple pie, I decided.

Make an extra one for me. Small is ok since I like mine vanilla ice cream ala pie.

... lifting the plate up to lick the remainder of the melted ice cream and crust pieces ...

Mmmmmmmm ... apple pie. Now when you read that, make it sound like Homer Simpson and his Duff beer. lol

I like to use a mix of apples, but I do agree that granny smiths are a nice addition.
Are we talking chunks of apple? I use my corer, peeler, slicer machine when I prep my apples. Some prefer bigger pieces of apple.

ever had indian river...that is good oj

i make apple pie with granny smith apples....you need a good tart firm apple

I prefer Granny Smith, too! But I'll use any apples, often a combination of apples. Lots & lots of sugar and a little flour to keep it from being too runny. Though my mom likes hers to be juicy.

naw just the smith's .... i follow an old type recipe....(martha's)....just slice up the apples....pretty thick...pile them in a pie crust...add some spices and sugar.....cover with the top crust and bake....now da man prefers apple pies from dryed apples....that is too much like applesauce to me..

I don't care what kind of apples are in the pie, just as long as it is sweet, warm and juicy.

How do you like them apples ladies?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpO9WZsugfg]YouTube - Family Guy - Its a wonderful day for pie[/ame]

apple-pie-a-la-mode.jpg

My 7-y.o. daughter is enamored of cooking lately. She's currently on a baked potato kick (in the microwave) and has helped me make bread and some other stuff.

So tonight we're making apple pie, I decided.

What's that address? I'll drop by to sample the apple pie and offer up my opinion. I am highly regarded as "a well-known authority" on what a good apple pie should look like and taste like.

Just a hint that you should pass on to your daughter. No matter how an apple pie turns out, it will always be a hit when you put a bit of ice cream on top.

As it turns out, I am immediately available.

Lol.
We made the pie, my daughter helped and enjoyed herself immensely. She got to cut apples (with a butter knife...first time ever she's been allowed to use a knife.) and stir the sugar, spices and flour in, and help roll out the dough.

And she ate the pie, too! My son doesn't like apple pie. My daughter doesn't usually like sweets, but she does love apples, and the pie wasn't too sweet (darn it, I tried. The apples were really tart.)

All in all it was a hit, I think I'll pick up some more apples tonight and we'll make another one for her to take to the sitter's house.

Forum List

Back