Revis Island

This whole situation is messed up. Though Mark on Mike & Mike in the Morning made a great point a few days ago. He talked about how NFL contracts are pretty much written on toilet paper and that Revis is just trying to make money now while the iron is hot. Both the Owners and Players are in bed on these kind of contacts, so I feel sorry for nobody.

As a Patriots fan, this story is especially interesting to me though.

I don't really know much about the nuances of football financial negotiations, but a contract is a contract. The only thing that would hinder either side's financial foothold in the legally binding agreement would be unknown loopholes in the text.

But that's why you have lawyers who take care of that shit for you.

Football contracts are different from every other sport, the Jets could cut this guy tomorrow if he was already making big money but wasn't playing well. It just so happens this guy is arguably the best at his position and he's making peanuts compared to other top corners in the league.

This whole situation is messed up. Though Mark on Mike & Mike in the Morning made a great point a few days ago. He talked about how NFL contracts are pretty much written on toilet paper and that Revis is just trying to make money now while the iron is hot. Both the Owners and Players are in bed on these kind of contacts, so I feel sorry for nobody.

As a Patriots fan, this story is especially interesting to me though.

I don't really know much about the nuances of football financial negotiations, but a contract is a contract. The only thing that would hinder either side's financial foothold in the legally binding agreement would be unknown loopholes in the text.

But that's why you have lawyers who take care of that shit for you.

Football contracts are different from every other sport, the Jets could cut this guy tomorrow if he was already making big money but wasn't playing well. It just so happens this guy is arguably the best at his position and he's making peanuts compared to other top corners in the league.

Regardless though, that was the deal he agreed to. He's obviously worth more NOW, but he's being greedy to a fault.

Pretty much this.

You have a point Paulie that's he being greedy, but can't blame him for it.

Pretty much this.

You have a point Paulie that's he being greedy, but can't blame him for it.

I don't blame him for wanting more money, but I blame him for missing football over it.

The Jets offered him a deal that would be 100 mil when added to his current contract, and make him a Jet until he was 33. It only ends up being 12 mil per year though, so it's just not good enough for him.

I don't get how the market can bare 100 million for one defensive player. That used to just be QB numbers.

This crap is just getting way too ridiculous anymore.

I don't blame him for wanting more money, but I blame him for missing football over it.

The Jets offered him a deal that would be 100 mil when added to his current contract, and make him a Jet until he was 33. It only ends up being 12 mil per year though, so it's just not good enough for him.

I don't get how the market can bare 100 million for one defensive player. That used to just be QB numbers.

This crap is just getting way too ridiculous anymore.

Ah, we can agree then. I do think that the salary cap is basically going to be going the way of the dodo bird. You're right that the market cannot bare $100 million for one defensive player.

Forum List

Back