25 Most Hated Teams in Sports History

What the fuck are the 93 Knicks doing on that list?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vzB8Ujf6Mo]YouTube - John Starks-The Dunk[/ame]

It's literally the last time anyone had any reason to watch the Knick play!

The 2007 Patriots are certainly ranked a lot higher than I thought.

I hated the 1979 pirates with that "We are Fam-i-lee" nonsense

Tom Brady emerged from his protective casing and barked: "You don't talk about our team." They were the best organization in the league, and in 2007, it became clear they were also the most hypocritical. For all their policing of opposing players and coaches, it turned out that the Patriots were the ones breaking actual rules. Staff members were caught illegally videotaping opponent's signals, drawing the interest of Congress. Safety Rodney Harrison was busted for performance-enhancing drugs. Coach Bill Belichick (pictured) responded to the criticism by running up scores as if he were in the BCS. He made it undefeated to the Super Bowl, where karma and the Giants finally caught up to him

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Classic! :clap2:

For Me its the Yankees from 1996 on, but its personal.

As a Mets fan I always say I have no issue with the Yankees as a franchise and an organization, Most of their fans, however can rot in hell and suck Lucifer's Dick.

The '79 Pittsburgh Pirates, but that's personal. ;-)
Orioles fan, huh? I feel your pain. I was a senior in college when my beloved Pirates last won a World Series. I've gone from young man to middle aged curmudgeon watching the Pirates long slide into irrelevance. I am heartened to find the only team in MLB this year to suck worse than the Bucs are the Orioles!

Orioles fan, huh? I feel your pain. I was a senior in college when my beloved Pirates last won a World Series. I've gone from young man to middle aged curmudgeon watching the Pirates long slide into irrelevance. I am heartened to find the only team in MLB this year to suck worse than the Bucs are the Orioles!

Don't forget those poor Kansas City Fans! When the hell was the last time THAT team was relevent?

Don't forget those poor Kansas City Fans! When the hell was the last time THAT team was relevent?
Seventeen. Seventeen consecutive seasons losing more games than won. And they're working hard on the eighteenth consecutive season even as I type this.

Yes. The Pirates have finished below .500 for seventeen years in a row. they are currently 29 games below .500.

Don't cry Kansas City to me! The Pirates hold the record for most consecutive seasons with a losing record.

Don't, please don't, make me neg rep you! Take it back before Willie Stargell haunts your very soul, as he rightly should.

PoPs was a great player and an all time nice guy

What I hated about that Series

- ABC covered it and played the "We are Family" until you puked
- Howard Cosell was the lead commentator
- The stupid Pirate wives kept blowing their stupid whistles

And Dave Parker's performance in the 79 All Star Game should be a Must See for any aspiring outfielder.

Don't, please don't, make me neg rep you! Take it back before Willie Stargell haunts your very soul, as he rightly should.

So...we can say that you do NOT hate the 1979 Pirates. you hate ABC Sports, Howard Cosell and the director who kept cutting to the wives box at Three Rivers.

Way to avoid the wrath of Stargell!

Bob Prince (The Gunner), sainted Pirates announcer from the 1950s, 60s and 70s used to say that Willie Stargell's Fried Chicken restaurant located in The Hill district here in Pittsburgh would give free chicken to anyone in line whenever Pops slugged a home run. "Spread some chicken on the Hill!" was the battle cry. Prince also coined the phrase "green weenie" (a sticker Pirates fans would affix to the airplanes of visiting teams to put the hex on them) "home run in an elevator shaft" to describe a high pop up and he called Roberto Clemente "Bobby" much to Roberto's consternation.

I only mention Prince in response to your criticism of Cosell who I found pompous and tedious except where Muhammad Ali was concerned.

So...we can say that you do NOT hate the 1979 Pirates. you hate ABC Sports, Howard Cosell and the director who kept cutting to the wives box at Three Rivers.

Bob Prince (The Gunner), sainted Pirates announcer from the 1950s, 60s and 70s used to say that Willie Stargell's Fried Chicken restaurant located in The Hill district here in Pittsburgh would give free chicken to anyone in line whenever Pops slugged a home run. "Spread some chicken on the Hill!" was the battle cry. Prince also coined the phrase "green weenie" (a sticker Pirates fans would affix to the airplanes of visiting teams to put the hex on them) "home run in an elevator shaft" to describe a high pop up and he called Roberto Clemente "Bobby" much to Roberto's consternation.

I only mention Prince in response to your criticism of Cosell who I found pompous and tedious except where Muhammad Ali was concerned.

Cosell hated Baseball (Except for Jackie Robinson, who he reminded everyone was his good friend) he considered it below him

I used to like the Pirates in the 60s with Clemente and the Alou brothers

Cosell hated Baseball (Except for Jackie Robinson, who he reminded everyone was his good friend) he considered it below him

I used to like the Pirates in the 60s with Clemente and the Alou brothers
Yeah! Matty, Felipe and Jesus! I was always a big Manny Sanguillen fan myself. The Smilin' Panamanian, number 35 on your scorecard, number 1 in your heart.

Forum List

Back