Rev. Wright paid to sabotage Obama campaign

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Because nobody has ever sold out an alleged friend for money before (see: Swiftboat trufers).

3 major venues in 4 days, the most damaging being the National Press Club on Monday. Why? Hmmm:

40 pieces as it were. I'm no Obama fan, but Wright was a jerk:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/francis/archive/2008/04/29/april-30-blog.aspx

For the Reverend:
Jeremiah is now standing in the Mother of Pulpits. He may have turned his church in 40 years from membership of 87 to 8,000 but that's nothing compared to the ratings he's generating with his mentally-challenged and hateful mouthings about the Pentagon creating Aids to hurt black people.
His 15 minutes of fame just got longer now that he has gone on the offense against his former parishioner. He will now enjoy a "retirement" fattened with a gigantic book deal, to spew more venom, as well as a talk-radio show.
Good news for Obama, however, is that if he sticks to his guns and shuts down any mention of this guy, he will disappear from the election campaign as quickly as he came and as quickly as that broadcast blowhard disappeared after John McCain threw him under his bus for making stupid comments about Obama.

The Chicago Observer:

http://cdobs.com/archive/our-columns/political-event-2-the-anti-obama-wright%2C1062/

When Barack Obama made his Philadelphia speech which many heralded, I was a dissenter because I saw the impossibility of his being able to mediate between the ranting racist raves of Jeremiah Wright and reason. Impossibly, Obama decided to do just that. He announced that he could no more repudiate Wright that he could the black community. That nonsense became a total disaster. For one thing, Obama was implying that the black community was joined at the hip with this demagogue!

I said that the prudent thing for Obama to have done is to blame himself for not becoming aware of Wright’s intransigent racism earlier but now that he has become aware, he was severing connection with Wright and the congregation. That is unconventional politics but for Obama it would have been the only prudent course to follow. He would not lose many votes doing this and the statement would have protected him from a future eventuality which happened earlier this week.

That was when Wright did the inevitable. He moved so far to extremism that barring his ability to excite an immature and emotional crowd of adult-children, he could cause no harm to Obama whatever. Now Obama is typically going half-way. He is excoriating Wright, not shim-shamming him.

The positive thing that has happened in the rupture with Wright is that this devil is being exorcised. If the media follow suit, the next rants by Wright will be downplayed…which will interfere with Wright’s very cynical stratagem: to become the leading black demagogue and thereby reap the rewards of a profitable book deal, big speaking fees and national celebrity. Ostensibly this rupture will not hurt Obama at all and will in fact aid him since he has no reason whatever to fool around any further with this racial racketeer.

But with this episode we have learned much about Barack Obama. He has the courage of a mashed potato sandwich. He wants to become mediator-in-chief. He has failed in his first test by not understanding the nature of his enemy. His desire to take this mediator-in-chief on tour to Iran and Syria shows its folly. He who can’t apprise his own community has no call to pretend he can do so for the world.

That doesn't make any sense to me. In the absense of compensation, he stands to gain much more from an Obama win than he does an Obama loss.

Rev Wright's whole theology is based on the fact that a black man cannot get a fair chance in a white world. If a black man gets elected President of the United States, that theory gets thrown out the window. Then his whole church crumples into dust.

Rev Wright's whole theology is based on the fact that a black man cannot get a fair chance in a white world. If a black man gets elected President of the United States, that theory gets thrown out the window. Then his whole church crumples into dust.

I don't buy that, but I admit, it does play well with racists.

3 major venues in 4 days, the most damaging being the National Press Club on Monday. Why? Hmmm:

40 pieces as it were. I'm no Obama fan, but Wright was a jerk:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/francis/archive/2008/04/29/april-30-blog.aspx

The Chicago Observer:

http://cdobs.com/archive/our-columns/political-event-2-the-anti-obama-wright,1062/

"a mashed potato sandwich" I don't know why, but I just can't get the thought of what that might taste like out of my mind.

A friend of mine on another board says she gets a kick out of Jeremiah Wright, she thinks "he is pulling the national leg". LOL! Is he playing a practical joke on Obama?

That doesn't make any sense to me. In the absense of compensation, he stands to gain much more from an Obama win than he does an Obama loss.

Not if Obama dared cross him. This dude's ego is HUGE and Obama has basically snubbed him. A black man who does that to the AL Sharpton's and Wright's in this world start getting called sellouts.

Whoaaaaaaaa Nelly!

I'm sorry, but I'm not signing up for that conspiracy theory.

I think it's far more reasonable to accept that one guy would screw over another guy for a few duckets. But to suggest he'd intentionally sell out his own people, for generations to come, because he intends to profit from their suffering and injustice, well...that's some pretty evil shit right there. It's one thing to exaggerate and sensationalize it for profit, like Sharpton. It's another thing entirely to intentionally try to stand in the way of real progress. I wouldn't even accuse Sharpton of that, even though many do.

I think it's far more reasonable, given what we have seen of Wright, that where his ego is concerned, he isn't going to shut up and it doesn't matter to him WHAT is at stake for anyone else.

I think he believed Obama was on the same page, based on his long-standing and close relationship with him, and I think he's angered that Obama sold out.

I never thought I'd see the day, but Allie hit the nail right on the head.

Obama spit in the face of the man he called a "father figure." When the world found out Obama was so closely tied to such a radical racist, he tucked tail and did exactly what every other politician does: he backpedalled. He claimed that he would have left the church if Wright hadn't resigned, AFTER Wright resigned. No such claims were ever heard before the Wright controversy began. He claimed he didn't agree with Wright's sermons, yet he sat through them for twenty years.

Wright, being rightfully angered by Obama's selling out, fired back. He called Obama out, and let's face it, Wright's right. Obama IS just a politician, he WILL say whatever it takes to win. That's the change Obama is trying to promote to America. :rolleyes:

I think it's far more reasonable, given what we have seen of Wright, that where his ego is concerned, he isn't going to shut up and it doesn't matter to him WHAT is at stake for anyone else.
The question is: Will he bring others that adore him with him and away from voting for Obama, or will Wright's rantings mean nothing to the black community that were close to him?

I don't really know for certain what kind of reaction will come of this....

care

I never thought I'd see the day, but Allie hit the nail right on the head.

Obama spit in the face of the man he called a "father figure." When the world found out Obama was so closely tied to such a radical racist, he tucked tail and did exactly what every other politician does: he backpedalled. He claimed that he would have left the church if Wright hadn't resigned, AFTER Wright resigned. No such claims were ever heard before the Wright controversy began. He claimed he didn't agree with Wright's sermons, yet he sat through them for twenty years.

Wright, being rightfully angered by Obama's selling out, fired back. He called Obama out, and let's face it, Wright's right. Obama IS just a politician, he WILL say whatever it takes to win. That's the change Obama is trying to promote to America. :rolleyes:

Yup, Obama is just a politician and Wright is also just a schmuck trying to broker a book deal. He will also say whatever it takes to drum up interest in what he's got for sale.

Yup, Obama is just a politician and Wright is also just a schmuck trying to broker a book deal. He will also say whatever it takes to drum up interest in what he's got for sale.

Maybe Wright was "just being a Jeremiah!"

Regardless, the one thing I think we can all agree on is that Reverend Wrighteous is a self-serving douchebag.

PerdeMagus
PerdeMagus

Nah, ya got it all wrong....Wright is being sponsored by none other than the one who'd never let a good thing die...the grand master himself...... JJ!

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back