Rev. Wright paid to sabotage Obama campaign

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by manifold, Apr 30, 2008.

1. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,852
    It really is the only logic conclusion I can fathom. It is beyond comprehension that he could possibly think he is helping. Even if he is that divorced from reality, Obama isn't. So it is also beyond comprehension that the Obama campaign has not repeatedly asked him to shut his yap and go crawl under a rock somewhere. Yet there he is, whoring for facetime, making a total characature of himself and doing his damnedest to wipe as much of his stink on Obama as possible. And since people usually don't prostitute themselves without compensation, somebody must be paying him. The only question is who: Clinton or McCain backers? :eusa_think:

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    As I said on another thread, I think he's sabotaging Obama intentionally so he can say "see, I told you a black man couldn't be president". I think he also thinks Obama isn't "black enough". Now this is totally surmise on my part. But I can't think of any reason, short of senility, that a man of Wright's intelligence would say the things he is saying.

But I don't think he's being paid. ;)

3. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,852
    That doesn't make any sense to me. In the absense of compensation, he stands to gain much more from an Obama win than he does an Obama loss.

4. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Depends on what one's agenda is. If the agenda is to intensify the racial divide, then the Obama loss is greater gain.

5. Glori.B

Glori.B Born Free

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    i think you nailed it, jillian.

6. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,852
    Whoaaaaaaaa Nelly!

I'm sorry, but I'm not signing up for that conspiracy theory.

I think it's far more reasonable to accept that one guy would screw over another guy for a few duckets. But to suggest he'd intentionally sell out his own people, for generations to come, because he intends to profit from their suffering and injustice, well...that's some pretty evil shit right there. It's one thing to exaggerate and sensationalize it for profit, like Sharpton. It's another thing entirely to intentionally try to stand in the way of real progress. I wouldn't even accuse Sharpton of that, even though many do.

7. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Oh... I didn't say I really believed it. It's pure surmise. But I think that surmising that Obama or Clinton paid him is in the surmise zone, too.

I kind of figured it's for the same reason that Ralph Nader likes sabotaging the dems even though the dems represent more of what he believes in. He's a megalomaniac who wants everything to get torn down so it can be rebuilt in the image he wants.

Do you really think it's not possible that the good rev (given whom he finds admirable, like Farrakhan) wants to see the whole thing come to a head.

8. Glori.B

Glori.B Born Free

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    "I think it's far more reasonable to accept that one guy would screw over another guy for a few duckets. But to suggest he'd intentionally sell out his own people, for generations to come, because he intends to profit from their suffering and injustice, well...that's some pretty evil shit right there. It's one thing to exaggerate and sensationalize it for profit, like Sharpton. It's another thing entirely to intentionally try to stand in the way of real progress. I wouldn't even accuse Sharpton of that, even though many do."

i think in the preacher's mind he is not selling out his people at all. wink, wink, obama has to do what he has to do as a politician. his latest antics create an opportunity for obama to appear to separate himself. i happen to think it's too late, but it seems like that might be the intention here.

9. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    whatever....

10. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,852
    Well of course it's speculation in either case. And of course they're are both possible, but I consider the compensation assumption far far more probable. People are willing to do a lot of things for money. Everyone is motivated by money to some extent. How many people are truly motivated by political ideals and convictions? Regardless, at least we agree that he's intentionally trying to sabotage Obama.