Returning Troops Banned From Airport Terminal

Which Oakland airport was NOT aware of . Do try and keep up.

Bullshit. But more importantly they are US MILITARY personnel. It doesn't matter if they were scanned or not. Remind me of all the shootings in Us Airports by US military personnel in Uniform returning from Iraq or anywhere else. All the robberies, all the crime committed by them.

I know from now on the Airport should refuse entrance to any federal Marshal, any city police man that hasn't been scanned and checked for "contraband" as well. Ohh and since those people do carry loaded guns banned for that too.

Bullshit. But more importantly they are US MILITARY personnel. It doesn't matter if they were scanned or not. Remind me of all the shootings in Us Airports by US military personnel in Uniform returning from Iraq or anywhere else. All the robberies, all the crime committed by them.

I know from now on the Airport should refuse entrance to any federal Marshal, any city police man that hasn't been scanned and checked for "contraband" as well. Ohh and since those people do carry loaded guns banned for that too.

Bullshit? Think before you spew, and do a little bit of research. Oh, and hey, now you are making the point that I refuted with my other comment which you said "wasn't the point". What a surprise.

Just because you are a US servicemember, cop, whatever doesn't mean you get to skip TSA screenings. And shootings in airports is irrelevant. Lmao...thats not why TSA screens you, obviously.

The airport received information that the passengers were not TSA-screened at their originating airport and that weapons were on-board the aircraft. Together with our security partners, the airport made a decision to park this aircraft at a remote location on the tarmac. It is the responsibility of the charter airline that its operation is compliant with TSA screening requirements.

US Military personnel, just like anyone else, might try and kill people. Your logic for just letting 2 million Americans skip being screened and walk in to airports with who knows what kind of firepower is idiotic.

US Military personnel, just like anyone else, might try and kill people. Your logic for just letting 2 million Americans skip being screened and walk in to airports with who knows what kind of firepower is idiotic.

Context is your friend. These were not a couple hundred soldiers that happen to come to catch a flight. They were in uniform ( most likely) returning from deployment UNDER orders. But do keep playing your word games, your so good at it.

Context is your friend. These were not a couple hundred soldiers that happen to come to catch a flight. They were in uniform ( most likely) returning from deployment UNDER orders. But do keep playing your word games, your so good at it.

Which is irrelevant especially considering there is no evidence Oakland Airport knew any of that. Obviously they were required to get screened, since they were several times. You have no problem with that, but have a problem with an airport refusing to let them come to the terminal because they thought that they had not been screened? Peh...selective outrage. If this was at a Texas airport there wouldn't have been a peep from the right. Fucking pathetic.

Lmao...you got caught not knowing what the fuck you are talking about, so you cry word games again. NOBODY gets through TSA screening without either proper clearance or being scanned. Being a US military member ain't enough to just be able to waltz in there and skip security. THAT is the standard you are advocating, and its a fucking stupid one.

Like Movon.org - some on the left will try to deny this ever happened. The kook left has a long history of showing how they really feel about the US military - it is not a history one should be proud of

Somebody is spitting on the troops and it is those whom they should trust the most.

insult to Marines.

There are some here who should know better. It seems they like to jump to conclusions and buy into the worst fabrications "because, I know somebodys cousin it happened to". I passed through Edwards and Oakland Army Terminal several times from 1966 to 1969. I traveled in uniform all the time. I am unable to verify that there were ever spitters or dirty hippies impeding my way or causing me discomfort.

Get a freakin' grip.

I AM

Lmao...you got caught not knowing what the fuck you are talking about, so you cry word games again. NOBODY gets through TSA screening without either proper clearance or being scanned. Being a US military member ain't enough to just be able to waltz in there and skip security. THAT is the standard you are advocating, and its a fucking stupid one.

No, your ignorance and moronic attitude is whats FUCKING stupid.

Not only were troops banned from an airport terminal, but now greeters who have treats for the troops are banned as well

The beat goes on...........

Airport Check-in: Troops' treats banned

BANGOR, MAINE
Airport bans some treats for troops

Bangor International has banned volunteer greeters from passing out homemade cookies, pie and brownies to troops en route to or from the Middle East. Rebecca Hupp, airport director, says it's a matter of assuring food safety. Airport concessionaires must adhere to federal regulations on food preparation, temperature control and handling. Volunteers face no such requirement.

Some greeters believe the airport is responding to complaints from concession vendors. Hupp says concessionaires haven't complained, and that commercially packaged items, such as candy bars, are still allowed.

The airport is a major transit point for military personnel overseas because of its location close to North Atlantic air routes. It has welcomed almost 500,000 troops since 2003.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2007-06-25-check-in-treats-usat_N.htm

Bullshit? Think before you spew, and do a little bit of research. Oh, and hey, now you are making the point that I refuted with my other comment which you said "wasn't the point". What a surprise.

Just because you are a US servicemember, cop, whatever doesn't mean you get to skip TSA screenings. And shootings in airports is irrelevant. Lmao...thats not why TSA screens you, obviously.

No? Then how come they let us do it in LAX and JFK? I've waltzed thru without so much as having my seabag checked in both places.

Has anyone said they shouldn't be screened? Try reading the article. They were not allowed in period. Why were they not allowed to walk through screening like every other customer at the airport if they wanted to enter the terminal?

Your argument is dishonest bullshit, as usual.

No? Then how come they let us do it in LAX and JFK?

What I like is Larkinns claim that Oakland didn't know they were troops, lets recap, they put them in a pen. Someone must have noticed their uniforms. Further exactly how many plane loads of civilians fly around the country 200 plus to a plane with weapons?

It is funnier how he wants to compare a plane load of returning troops to every military member that ever entered an airport to catch a flight. I am still waiting for the last time a returning military member shot anyone, robbed anyone, carried explosives, hijacked an aircraft or blew anything up in an American airport.

No, your ignorance and moronic attitude is whats FUCKING stupid.

Nice rejoinder. "I know you are but what am I" type quality. Moved past kindergarten yet?

What I like is Larkinns claim that Oakland didn't know they were troops, lets recap, they put them in a pen. Someone must have noticed their uniforms. Further exactly how many plane loads of civilians fly around the country 200 plus to a plane with weapons?

Sure a baggage handler maybe. Not high level security folks who would be the ones making this type of decision.

No? Then how come they let us do it in LAX and JFK? I've waltzed thru without so much as having my seabag checked in both places.

They've let you go through security without being checked post 9/11 in LAX and JFK because you are US military?

Has anyone said they shouldn't be screened? Try reading the article. They were not allowed in period. Why were they not allowed to walk through screening like every other customer at the airport if they wanted to enter the terminal?

Umm they were going the other way. There generally is no screening available for passengers right as they get off flights for obvious efficiency reasons.

And yes, people have said whether they were screened or not is irrelevant.

They've let you go through security without being checked post 9/11 in LAX and JFK because you are US military?

It can happen. I have by-passed security because of military orders.

Umm they were going the other way. There generally is no screening available for passengers right as they get off flights for obvious efficiency reasons.

And yes, people have said whether they were screened or not is irrelevant.

I am willing to bet that the troops in question may have bitched a bit about not getting into the terminal but were far more interested in getting home. The political bullshit resulting from this non-story is rather amusing.

I am convinced that if it was the military itself that had restricted access to the terminal, the lefties would be screaming about the unfair treatment our troops are receiving at the hands of an ungrategul leadership. It's politics.

Nice rejoinder. "I know you are but what am I" type quality. Moved past kindergarten yet?

Sure a baggage handler maybe. Not high level security folks who would be the ones making this type of decision.

So your now claiming that this "threat" of armed men were just hamdled by baggage handlers? Some threat ehh?

Forum List

Back