Restuarant has "No Guns Allowed" Sign...gun owners don't bring guns...the robber did though...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes.....this is why I think we need new "Gun Free Zone" signs....they need to say "Gun Free Zone.....and we really, really mean it...."

NC Restaurant Banned Guns Got Robbed At Gunpoint The Daily Caller

A barbecue restaurant in Durham, North Carolina, was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night, despite having posted a sign on the door banning weapons, including concealed firearms.

According to ABC 11, three men wearing hoodies and carrying pistols entered The Pit from the back, assaulted two of the employees and made others lie on the floor. The assaulted employees, though, are doing well.

“They’re doing great,” restaurant owner Greg Hatem said. “One of them actually went to the hospital and was released. They took a good look at him, he’s fine.”

These signs are popping up in many businesses in my area.

Guns welcome.png

Clearly the robber did not see the sign, or perhaps he's illiterate.
If it's the latter, here is the simple answer for the business owner:

The unarmed restaurant owner is alive. Gun shop owner dead. I'd rather be the restaurant owner.

Yes brain.....one exception....and disarm over 90 million gun owners......that is quite the calculation......

Again.....let me know when you get past 1.6 million defensive uses each year...violent crimes stopped or prevented...lives saved....

Yes brain.....one exception....and disarm over 90 million gun owners......that is quite the calculation......

One example, just like you gave. There are many. How many restaurants without no gun signs are robbed? Your post was dumb.

Yes.....this is why I think we need new "Gun Free Zone" signs....they need to say "Gun Free Zone.....and we really, really mean it...."

A barbecue restaurant in Durham, North Carolina, was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night, despite having posted a sign on the door banning weapons, including concealed firearms.

According to ABC 11, three men wearing hoodies and carrying pistols entered The Pit from the back, assaulted two of the employees and made others lie on the floor. The assaulted employees, though, are doing well.

“They’re doing great,” restaurant owner Greg Hatem said. “One of them actually went to the hospital and was released. They took a good look at him, he’s fine.”

Kind of interesting huh? It's almost like posting a sign that says "we are unprotected, come rob us!" I notice most mass shootings are in places where guns are not allowed and people can't shoot back. When was the last time you saw someone walk into a police station and open fire randomly?

Kind of interesting huh? It's almost like posting a sign that says "we are unprotected, come rob us!" I notice most mass shootings are in places where guns are not allowed and people can't shoot back. When was the last time you saw someone walk into a police station and open fire randomly?

And the gun store did the same thing? Don't be a fool. The gun shop owner is dead, restaurant owner alive.

So if the owners or the customers had guns too - there would not have been a robbery - there would have been a mass shooting would that be the better outcome?

It happens but it is really rare...the shooter has to have a really big beef with the police...and of course...they can shoot back.......

See brain....you should have stopped while you were just posting dumb things...this one is really dumb.....you don't realize that the She's a Pistol store drove off those same robbers in a shootout.....her husband was killed but they caught the guys........

Police reports shed light on details of She s A Pistol shootout fox4kc.com

Police say that De’Anthony Wiley, who was looking at the gun with Becky, and Londro Patterson were seen on surveillance video pointing guns at her after all four suspects were inside the shop, according to reports taken by Shawnee police officers and detectives.

She raised her hands, and at that point police say another suspect, Nicquan Midgyett, jumped over the counter and hit her before being turned back by Jon, who emerged from a back room shooting a gun.

Three of the suspects then ran out of the shop, two of them hit by gunfire, and Wiley dropped to the floor after being shot. Jon is reportedly seen on surveillance coming from around the counter towards Wiley when he was shot in the leg, but continued to shoot in Wiley’s direction. Jon was later taken to a hospital in critical condition where he died.

Patterson was found by police crawling in the store’s parking lot with multiple gun shot wounds. He was taken to a hospital, but treated and released before being booked in the Johnson County Detention Center.

So after a crime spree these guys are captured because the owner of this store fought back....and saved his wife's life.....

Considering they murdered the other owner, these 4 thugs were stopped by a good guy with a gun....4 to 1 odds and now they are in jail......

How many people were killed?

Oh......none?

I suppose it is better to have a massacre on your premises than to lose a few dollars in a robbery.

It happens but it is really rare...the shooter has to have a really big beef with the police...and of course...they can shoot back.......

It's real rare and usually has more to do with 'suicide by cop' than a desire to get even with the fuzz. Put it this way. Let's say, just for the sake of argument (no one is actually talking about doing this), you got a wild hare up your ass and decided to go shoot up someplace random. Your goal is to create as much death and destruction as possible before you get killed yourself. ok...you are going to target a place where there are a lot of people and they are unarmed. You are going to target a school or a shopping mall...something like that. That maximizes your possible casualty rate and grants you power over the victims. You are not going to go somewhere where everyone else is packing heat. :lol: You are not going to attack the police station or the gun club because you are outgunned there. You have no power in those places...your opponents do.

Now a couple years ago in Portland, where I live, there was a guy who went into Clackamas Town Center during the Christmas season and opened fire into the food court. Casualties were low because the asshole couldn't shoot. Now let's get rid of all guns. It wouldn't have stopped that guy. Instead he would have thrown a couple pipe bombs from under his trench coat into the crowd. Now how many casualties are there?

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but this liberal attitude of "gun free zones" is just fucking hilarious. Yeah a guy has no problem breaking a law that prohibits murder, but boy he is sure going to respect that gun free zone. Give me a break.

See brain....you should have stopped while you were just posting dumb things...this one is really dumb.....you don't realize that the She's a Pistol store drove off those same robbers in a shootout.....her husband was killed but they caught the guys........

Police reports shed light on details of She s A Pistol shootout fox4kc.com

Police say that De’Anthony Wiley, who was looking at the gun with Becky, and Londro Patterson were seen on surveillance video pointing guns at her after all four suspects were inside the shop, according to reports taken by Shawnee police officers and detectives.

She raised her hands, and at that point police say another suspect, Nicquan Midgyett, jumped over the counter and hit her before being turned back by Jon, who emerged from a back room shooting a gun.

Three of the suspects then ran out of the shop, two of them hit by gunfire, and Wiley dropped to the floor after being shot. Jon is reportedly seen on surveillance coming from around the counter towards Wiley when he was shot in the leg, but continued to shoot in Wiley’s direction. Jon was later taken to a hospital in critical condition where he died.

Patterson was found by police crawling in the store’s parking lot with multiple gun shot wounds. He was taken to a hospital, but treated and released before being booked in the Johnson County Detention Center.

So after a crime spree these guys are captured because the owner of this store fought back....and saved his wife's life.....

Considering they murdered the other owner, these 4 thugs were stopped by a good guy with a gun....4 to 1 odds and now they are in jail......

So restaurant everyone lives. Gun shop owner dies. And clearly a no guns sign doesn't attract criminals as even gun shops get robbed.

Forum List

Back