Restraining orders question.

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Shadow, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Shadow

Shadow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +926
    Is it possible to get a restraining order on a parent (of one of your children's friends) Who keeps helping them sneak out of the house at night without permission? It happened again last night,even though I warned this man twice about this very thing in the past month. Anyone know? I am going to visit a near by police substation this weekend and see what can be done about this guy...just curious if anyone knows.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,794
    This is why house alarms are a good idea.

3. Shadow

Shadow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +926
    Probably,and good locks (which I am going to check into.) My daughter just turned 14,and she is starting to rebel. But this nitwit, will come with his daughter (and waits down the street)...to pick her up when she calls crying/whining about getting in trouble etc. Last night this happened at about 11:30pm. I'm getting sick of marching over to his house and dragging her home. This man needs to learn his boundaries.

4. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,794
    Yes, he does. There's something creepy about a grown man picking up a young teen in the middle of the night. I'm not a lawyer, but at a minimum, it looks like he's contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

I'd get the alarm system installed.

5. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Yes.

This "man"? An adult, "man" is helping a child sneak out of the house at night? RUN, don't walk to the nearest police station and ask to speak to the officer or detective in charge of CHILD MOLESTATION CASES.

Jesus!

6. Shadow

Shadow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +926
    It is creepy. Last time this happened the man even told me I could not come pick her up because he was afraid what "might" happen to her at home. I told him he could either give me his street address, or I would just start knocking on his neighbors doors until I tracked him down (at 1:30 am). I'd like to know what he would do if someone tried to pull this crap with his own daughter.

7. Shadow

Shadow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +926
    My daughter likes to go over there because this man takes her side against me in arguments. It is happening a lot more often now though,which is why I'm going to check into a restraining order this weekend. Right now my daughter is banished to grandma's house...no phone,no internet...no fun.

I should also add that at first my daughter was lying to him...about if she could be picked up and go over to their house or not. I have now made it very clear she is not allowed over there. He and his daughter picked her up anyway....again.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  8. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Shadow - you have to be kidding here. How old is your daughter? Why is this man taking your daughter to his house - does he have a same-age daughter that your daughter is visiting with? How old is this guy?

What does he think might happen to your daughter in her own home as a result of her going to his house? That she would be punished for sneaking out and going to his house? What does that have to do with you picking her up at his house? She is ultimately going to come home anyway.

Creepy doesn't begin to describe this one. How old is your daughter, once again?

9. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Of COURSE he takes her side against you. That should be the first thing you tell the detective. That's what child molestors DO, for Christ's sake! Does this guy know where Grandma lives? Can grandma keep your daughter off the phone?

You may have a real problem on your hands here. I would suggest talking to the police before talking to your daughter. They will be able to advise you as to how to approach the subject with your daughter in the best way so that if, God forbid, something is going on here that shouldn't be, she would be more likely to come forth with the truth.

10. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Never mind a restraining order - get to the police, NOW.

(Please don't come back on here and tell me your daughter is 29, OK? ;))