Restraining orders question.

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
Is it possible to get a restraining order on a parent (of one of your children's friends) Who keeps helping them sneak out of the house at night without permission? It happened again last night,even though I warned this man twice about this very thing in the past month. Anyone know? I am going to visit a near by police substation this weekend and see what can be done about this guy...just curious if anyone knows.

This is why house alarms are a good idea.

• Banned
Probably,and good locks (which I am going to check into.) My daughter just turned 14,and she is starting to rebel. But this nitwit, will come with his daughter (and waits down the street)...to pick her up when she calls crying/whining about getting in trouble etc. Last night this happened at about 11:30pm. I'm getting sick of marching over to his house and dragging her home. This man needs to learn his boundaries.

Yes, he does. There's something creepy about a grown man picking up a young teen in the middle of the night. I'm not a lawyer, but at a minimum, it looks like he's contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

I'd get the alarm system installed.

Is it possible to get a restraining order on a parent (of one of your children's friends) who keeps helping them sneak out of the house at night without permission?

Yes.

It happened again last night,even though I warned this man twice about this very thing in the past month. Anyone know? I am going to visit a near by police substation this weekend and see what can be done about this guy...just curious if anyone knows.

This "man"? An adult, "man" is helping a child sneak out of the house at night? RUN, don't walk to the nearest police station and ask to speak to the officer or detective in charge of CHILD MOLESTATION CASES.

Jesus!

• Banned
It is creepy. Last time this happened the man even told me I could not come pick her up because he was afraid what "might" happen to her at home. I told him he could either give me his street address, or I would just start knocking on his neighbors doors until I tracked him down (at 1:30 am). I'd like to know what he would do if someone tried to pull this crap with his own daughter.

• Banned
Is it possible to get a restraining order on a parent (of one of your children's friends) who keeps helping them sneak out of the house at night without permission?

Yes.

It happened again last night,even though I warned this man twice about this very thing in the past month. Anyone know? I am going to visit a near by police substation this weekend and see what can be done about this guy...just curious if anyone knows.

This "man"? An adult, "man" is helping a child sneak out of the house at night? RUN, don't walk to the nearest police station and ask to speak to the officer or detective in charge of CHILD MOLESTATION CASES.

Jesus!

My daughter likes to go over there because this man takes her side against me in arguments. It is happening a lot more often now though,which is why I'm going to check into a restraining order this weekend. Right now my daughter is banished to grandma's house...no phone,no internet...no fun.

I should also add that at first my daughter was lying to him...about if she could be picked up and go over to their house or not. I have now made it very clear she is not allowed over there. He and his daughter picked her up anyway....again.

Last edited:
It is creepy. Last time this happened the man even told me I could not come pick her up because he was afraid what "might" happen to her at home. I told him he could either give me his street address, or I would just start knocking on his neighbors doors until I tracked him down (at 1:30 am). I'd like to know what he would do if someone tried to pull this crap with his own daughter.

Shadow - you have to be kidding here. How old is your daughter? Why is this man taking your daughter to his house - does he have a same-age daughter that your daughter is visiting with? How old is this guy?

What does he think might happen to your daughter in her own home as a result of her going to his house? That she would be punished for sneaking out and going to his house? What does that have to do with you picking her up at his house? She is ultimately going to come home anyway.

Creepy doesn't begin to describe this one. How old is your daughter, once again?

Yes.

Jesus!

My daughter likes to go over there because this man takes her side against me in arguments. It is happening a lot more often now though,which is why I'm going to check into a restraining order this weekend. Right now my daughter is bansihed to grandma's house...no phone,no internet...no fun.

Of COURSE he takes her side against you. That should be the first thing you tell the detective. That's what child molestors DO, for Christ's sake! Does this guy know where Grandma lives? Can grandma keep your daughter off the phone?

You may have a real problem on your hands here. I would suggest talking to the police before talking to your daughter. They will be able to advise you as to how to approach the subject with your daughter in the best way so that if, God forbid, something is going on here that shouldn't be, she would be more likely to come forth with the truth.

Shadow - you have to be kidding here. How old is your daughter? Why is this man taking your daughter to his house - does he have a same-age daughter that your daughter is visiting with? How old is this guy?

What does he think might happen to your daughter in her own home as a result of her going to his house? That she would be punished for sneaking out and going to his house? What does that have to do with you picking her up at his house? She is ultimately going to come home anyway.

Creepy doesn't begin to describe this one. How old is your daughter, once again?

The first two times she snuck out of the house,she lied and said she told me where she was going and that she had my permission (she just turned 14). He found out otherwise when I called and told him the situation myself (both times). The last time this happened,I left my daughter a message on her phone,telling her that if she did not tell me where she was (she refused,then stopped answering her VM) she was "dead meat" and was going to get in trouble. He took this to mean that I was going to "kill" her,so he took it upon himself to argue with me for 20 minutes about if I was allowed to come get her or not. I won. At any rate I thought once I told this man she was not allowed over there anymore (and he figured out she was lying) that would be the end of it....apparently not.

Last edited:

The first two times she snuck out of the house,she lied and said she told me where she was going and that she had my permission (she just turned 14). He found out otherwise when I called and told him the situation myself (both times). The last time this happened,I left my daughter a message on her phone,telling her that if she did not tell me where she was (she refused,then stopped answering her VM) she was "dead meat" and was going to get in trouble. He took this to mean that I was going to "kill" her,so he took it upon himself to argue with me for 20 minutes about if I was allowed to come get her or not. I won. At any rate I thought once I told this man she was not allowed over there anymore (and he figured out she was lying) that would be the end of it....apparently not.

How did this guy come into your daughter's life? What's the connection here?

It is happening a lot more often now though,which is why I'm going to check into a restraining order this weekend.

Never mind a restraining order - get to the police, NOW.

(Please don't come back on here and tell me your daughter is 29, OK? ;))

No,she is not 29,she is a minor. And, yes, I have every intention of talking to the police about this situation. I just did not realize how much nerve/gall this guy actually had...until last night.

How did this guy come into your daughter's life? What's the connection here?

This is the father of one of my daughter's friends.

you need to teach him his boundaries....cause he aint picking it up without someone pounding him...

first...what parent goes....o yea you mom is good with you coming over at 1 am...

2nd....what kinda perv is this?

have you dont a sex offender check on the net? his name?

you got a husband or brother? or mean ass boyfriend....call on the team....call on the team muscle to go explain the boundaries and do it now

25012.jpg

The fact that he comes with his daughter is a plus and should give some reassurance that there isn't something more sinister going on.

Chances are your daughter is telling him and her friend some serious lies about you and convincing them that she is being abused or is in danger. However, if that is the case it should be them calling the police and not helping your daughter 'escape'.

Years ago one of our friends, who happened to be the Juvenile probation officer :), found out his daughter was sneaking out of the house and holing up with a friend. She had convinced those parents she would otherwise run away from home and live on the street and they were afraid she would do it so let her come to their place. They finally realized that was not the thing to do and worked it out.

This does not feel like that sort of thing though. I think I would have a chat with the police. And hang in there Shadow. We all survive our teenagers, but I swear you sometimes wonder if you will.

Forum List

Back