Restaurant Bans Kids:

How would you ban a Republican from a dining establishment?
Require patrons wear deodorant.

Hey, I resemble that remark...

I have misplaced my deodorant somewhere in the Explorer and haven't been able to find it since Sunday night, lol. Since I got all obsessive/compulsive about taking garbage out the few weeks prior to the camping trip, I completely cleaned my bathroom cabinets out and also have no extra ones.

So though I have been able to shower multiple times since the trip, it's a little like I'm still camping out...only instead of having deodorant, but no handy shower, now i have a handy shower and no deodorant.

And I would thank you never to mention it again, or you will be dead to me.

“Parents have gradually diminished their cooperation,” he said, adding that the new policy is strictly in response to customer complaints.

“This is a three-part issue. One is the increasing number of small babies that can’t be controlled. They can’t be quiet and really they can’t be expected to.”

The second factor is kindergarten-aged kids who “have shown increasingly poor manners.” And lastly he blames parents, who “act like we’re the ones being offensive” when staff members ask them to calm their children down.

Restaurant has heard enough, bans kids - Business - Small business - msnbc.com

Good! I hope it happens more and more.

What ever happens to the days of parents going out to dinner and getting a babysitter for the kids to stay home?

I am sick of parents who do not control their children. They, the parents ,of course are going out to dinner to have a good time.... but never think that others are there to have a good time too..and that does not include their brats.

Business owners of course have the right to deny service to anyone...

But honestly, don't you feel a little...witchy....wishing that children be banned from more establishments?

I guess you think Dr Spock was right, even though he's been completely debunked. Oh and I said "would have" but it wasn't always necessary, most often the threat of punishment was enough to gain compliance. Your "bull shit" doesn't hold water.

I have no idea what Dr. Spock is all about, but if he's anti-spanking, so what. Spanking is for losers.

Not so. First, after 2 or 3 you are not doing anything but hitting them out of anger. you cant just whip them and send them to there room. Oh, and Dr. Spok was a fucktard. Wonder if he had kids.
:lol:

Why would you hit someone for any other reason than anger? Hitting is a sure sign that the hitter has lost control.

Kinda reminds me of this:

Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang-thumb-560xauto-23589.jpg

How would you ban a Republican from a dining establishment?
Require patrons wear deodorant.

Hey, I resemble that remark...

I have misplaced my deodorant somewhere in the Explorer and haven't been able to find it since Sunday night, lol. Since I got all obsessive/compulsive about taking garbage out the few weeks prior to the camping trip, I completely cleaned my bathroom cabinets out and also have no extra ones.

So though I have been able to shower multiple times since the trip, it's a little like I'm still camping out...only instead of having deodorant, but no handy shower, now i have a handy shower and no deodorant.

And I would thank you never to mention it again, or you will be dead to me.

Toothpaste works in a pinch....try it! I'm surprised that as a camper you don't know that old camping trick.

I think it's ironic that ravi would like to see restaurants ban Republicans. Every restaurant owner I know IS A REPUBLICAN.
Interesting. I have the opposite experience.

My point though, is Republicans usually smell bad and talk in loud voices and are quite annoying in restaurants. :eusa_hand: And I won't even mention bars!

Interesting. I have the opposite experience.

Name that party...

julia-roberts-hairy-armpit.jpg

I have no idea what Dr. Spock is all about, but if he's anti-spanking, so what. Spanking is for losers.

Not so. First, after 2 or 3 you are not doing anything but hitting them out of anger. you cant just whip them and send them to there room. Oh, and Dr. Spok was a fucktard. Wonder if he had kids.

Why would you hit someone for any other reason than anger? Hitting is a sure sign that the hitter has lost control.

Its a matter of prospective I guess.

But honestly, don't you feel a little...witchy....wishing that children be banned from more establishments?

Personally I don't think children should be banned from restaurants, the parents should if they prove they can't or won't control their children in said restaurants.

Amen hallelujah sister.

You should see me losing control in the car trying to hit behind me. It amuses everyone (but me). I'm dead serious. My flailing usually hurts me worse than anyone, since it's quite easy for the children to dodge the blows. While laughing, the sadists.

Personally I don't think children should be banned from restaurants, the parents should if they prove they can't or won't control their children in said restaurants.

Or they reserve a "crying room"...and area near the restrooms reserved for families with youngsters.

Does anyone remember the crying rooms in theatres? Those things were a lifesaver when my oldest kids were babies. I was a dedicated movieaholic and couldn't do without a regular fix. Our theatre had a crying room upstairs, a nice air conditioned area with a great view of the film, sound piped in, sound-proof glass separating us from the commoners below...and a door. I still lust after it.

Amen hallelujah sister.

You should see me losing control in the car trying to hit behind me. It amuses everyone (but me). I'm dead serious. My flailing usually hurts me worse than anyone, since it's quite easy for the children to dodge the blows. While laughing, the sadists.

That is a whooping done out of anger. I guess I was lucky, I have not had to spank my kids but once or twice in there live.

Nope. I am paying money to enjoy myself... not there to be annoyed by other peoples children. Now don't get me wrong... children who behave themselves i have NO problem with.

I also don't expect children to behave all the time... I DO expect the parent to get up and take that kid out of the restaurant when it starts to cry or misbehave or annoy other customers.

Ever seen a parents reaction when you ask them nicely to control their kids? It doesn't work out so well. That is why i am for just flat out barring them.

Or they reserve a "crying room"...and area near the restrooms reserved for families with youngsters.

Does anyone remember the crying rooms in theatres? Those things were a lifesaver when my oldest kids were babies. I was a dedicated movieaholic and couldn't do without a regular fix. Our theatre had a crying room upstairs, a nice air conditioned area with a great view of the film, sound piped in, sound-proof glass separating us from the commoners below...and a door. I still lust after it.

Most Catholic churches I've been in have crying rooms. Now that my kids are older, we refer to it as the "tardy room". It's easier to sneak in there late. :lol:

In some states, children are banned from places that serve alcohol or allow smoking.

Some places ban cell phones. Let the owner decide.

Exactly.

If you want 100 percednt child-free dining, you should eat only in bars (well, except in Texas and Montana, where children are allowed in bars in some counties).

There are numerous restaurants we refuse to patronize for one specific reason, the noise level whether it be from raucous adults, children or rock concert level "background" music.

Also this is nothing new. Just think... Disney... the bastion of children understands that children should not be allowed in restaurants. I am glad they did this as i hated eating here with kids running around.

snip..from 2008

Beginning this week, children under 10 are no longer welcome at Victoria & Albert's in the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Victoria & Albert's is Walt Disney World's only restaurant with an AAA five-diamond rating.
Disney World bans kids from fancy restaurant - Travel - News - msnbc.com

Amen hallelujah sister.

That is a whooping done out of anger. I guess I was lucky, I have not had to spank my kids but once or twice in there live.

Yes it certainly is.

I get angry just thinking about it, cuz it generally goes like this...

We are in the car headed for a destination that is naturally several hundred miles away, as we are several hundred miles away from ALL destinations...

I have The Talk with the kids before the trip, carefully map out the experience, make sure they have gone to the bathroom, eaten or been given their snacks to take, their books, their toys, whatever....we talk about how important it is for me to focus on the road, and what constitutes good, responsible behavior on their part.

I receive their solemn vow that they will not throw things, scream, hit, unbuckle, etc.

We get in the car, and about the time we hit 60 mph...I notice things getting louder and louder. I hear objects whizzing, thumpings and thuddings, slappings, and cries....I remind them of our pact....

I look in the mirror and see one child leaning forward towards my seat going "NAAANAAANAAANAAA" as loud as he can, and the other mouthing the words I am saying...

That's it for me, in the ten seconds it takes for me to find a place to pull over I'm hitting wildly and ineffectually. Then I burst into tears, stop the car and refuse to budge until we have complete silence.

Repeat every 30 miles or so until we reach our destination some 300 miles away.

It usually takes us about 18 hours to get there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back