Restaurant Bans Kids:

Meh.

Its true that some kids are out of hand, but most of this is people simply not wanting to be inconvenienced. I don't think kids are any more misbehaved than in the past. We just think they are because we are older now.

I hear kids crying on planes all the time. When I was younger and more self-centered, I used to think "Poor me." Now I think "Poor parents."

I just think people are more intolerant of kids now than in the past.

In the typical household with both parents having to work full time jobs to make ends meet, I suspect there's a whole lot less parenting going on.

In the typical household with both parents having to work full time jobs to make ends meet, I suspect there's a whole lot less parenting going on.

Yeah well if the ends were not so many expensive status/self esteem building unneeded things I might agree.

Including literally spoiling the kids.

This doesn't bother me at all. We typically don't take our kids to restaurants that aren't child-centric anyway. What I get a chuckle from is assholes that go to Friendly's and then seem annoyed because the place is filled with loud kids.

A child's behavior reflects directly on their Parents.

That's right.

And that's why parents should be responsible for their kid's actions for their entire lives.

If a forty year old goes out and commits a crime, not only does he do time but also the parents for raising a fuck-up.

Whoa I don't know about that, my brother is an ex convict loser who just got out of Wasco, he has been in and out prison for the last 5 years and is an ex heroin junkie and dope dealer, me and him were raised by the same parents but turned out totally different, once you get past a certain age it stops being at the feet of the parents.

True. I have one who's only goal was to make it to Pelican Bay. parents can only build a foundation, when the kids are adults, they take responsibility. Parents can only give them the tools.

Yeah well if the ends were not so many expensive status/self esteem building unneeded things I might agree.

Sad but true.

And how much of the crap we buy ends up in the attic or basement before getting "recycled" down the curb for it's final trip to the landfill?

Because no one wants a scene ravi. Sheez. Any parent that would allow their screaming kids to misbehave in public is unlikely to leave quietly themselves.

My children have almost always behaved in restaurants however once or twice when they were tired or sick, we've had to ask for our meals packed up. Many people don't do that. Hence - the ban.

Sometimes disciplining your child is the hardest thing to do as a parent. But you do them the greatest disservice of all if you repeatedly fail to do so.

Not so. I know of plenty with stay at home Moms, and it really makes no difference. Look at the whole "preachers Kid" thing . Mine are ok so far and the wife and I are both gone for most of the day. Parenting does not mean you have to be there 24 hours a day patting the kids fanny, and singing lullaby's. Thats just bull shit. Now if you let X-Box 360, the internet, and public schools instill values into your children then a parent gets what they deserve.

“Parents have gradually diminished their cooperation,” he said, adding that the new policy is strictly in response to customer complaints.

“This is a three-part issue. One is the increasing number of small babies that can’t be controlled. They can’t be quiet and really they can’t be expected to.”

The second factor is kindergarten-aged kids who “have shown increasingly poor manners.” And lastly he blames parents, who “act like we’re the ones being offensive” when staff members ask them to calm their children down.

Restaurant has heard enough, bans kids - Business - Small business - msnbc.com

lol

Good for them.

Sad but true.

And how much of the crap we buy ends up in the attic or basement before getting "recycled" down the curb for it's final trip to the landfill?

Our economic boom was based on waste and friviloities finianced largely on credit.
Not real growth that the USA realy needed.

Sometimes disciplining your child is the hardest thing to do as a parent. But you do them the greatest disservice of all if you repeatedly fail to do so.

And it can be done with out beating the shit out of them.

Indeed. For example, our youngest recently forfeited her dessert because she didn't eat any of her dinner. Having to watch her older sister eat a bowl of ice cream while she got none sent her over the cliff into a serious melt-down. But it had to be done.

That's right.

And that's why parents should be responsible for their kid's actions for their entire lives.

If a forty year old goes out and commits a crime, not only does he do time but also the parents for raising a fuck-up.

Whoa I don't know about that, my brother is an ex convict loser who just got out of Wasco, he has been in and out prison for the last 5 years and is an ex heroin junkie and dope dealer, me and him were raised by the same parents but turned out totally different, once you get past a certain age it stops being at the feet of the parents.

True. I have one who's only goal was to make it to Pelican Bay. parents can only build a foundation, when the kids are adults, they take responsibility. Parents can only give them the tools.

I know people always say its the parents fault when a child turns out to be a failure but this is not always the case, people make their own decisions when they grow up and the parents should bear no blame for this. Me and my brother had the same parenting growing up but he is a total loser and a leech on society, while I served Honorably in the US Military for 7 years, reached the rank of Staff Sergeant and now how a good job with the Federal Government. Total opposites.

Because no one wants a scene ravi. Sheez. Any parent that would allow their screaming kids to misbehave in public is unlikely to leave quietly themselves.

My children have almost always behaved in restaurants however once or twice when they were tired or sick, we've had to ask for our meals packed up. Many people don't do that. Hence - the ban.
Yes, but why punish everyone for the actions of some?

Yes, but why punish everyone for the actions of some?

it is the American way.
Like ALL Muslims are evil.
all non christians are evil, etc.

I hit someone real good with that one and got negged.

Last edited:

You got that right!

My daughter even told me a few years ago,

"Mom, I'm glad you have rules for me"

Without them, chaos ensues.

Forum List

Back