Restaurant Bans Kids:

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
“Parents have gradually diminished their cooperation,” he said, adding that the new policy is strictly in response to customer complaints.

“This is a three-part issue. One is the increasing number of small babies that can’t be controlled. They can’t be quiet and really they can’t be expected to.”

The second factor is kindergarten-aged kids who “have shown increasingly poor manners.” And lastly he blames parents, who “act like we’re the ones being offensive” when staff members ask them to calm their children down.

Restaurant has heard enough, bans kids - Business - Small business - msnbc.com

“Parents have gradually diminished their cooperation,” he said, adding that the new policy is strictly in response to customer complaints.

“This is a three-part issue. One is the increasing number of small babies that can’t be controlled. They can’t be quiet and really they can’t be expected to.”

The second factor is kindergarten-aged kids who “have shown increasingly poor manners.” And lastly he blames parents, who “act like we’re the ones being offensive” when staff members ask them to calm their children down.

Agree 100%. Movie theaters next.

Agree 100%. Movie theaters next.

LOL what places will be left for kids to go to?

This restaurant has the right to ban kids, since it's a private business.

I know in my day as a waitress at TGIF that some parents would let their kids run around the place, throw fits, get in the way of the servers and the customers...etc.'

IF the parents can't teach their children how to behave in public, maybe just take them to ChuckECheese or such, where they can run wild and nobody cares.

When a child acts up, you should remove them from the situation so they know their behavior is not acceptable. If they are allowed to act like this in public with their parents there, imagine their behaviors in school! :eek:

I know in my day as a waitress at TGIF that some parents would let their kids run around the place, throw fits, get in the way of the servers and the customers...etc.'

IF the parents can't teach their children how to behave in public, maybe just take them to ChuckECheese or such, where they can run wild and nobody cares.

When a child acts up, you should remove them from the situation so they know their behavior is not acceptable. If they are allowed to act like this in public with their parents there, imagine their behaviors in school! :eek:

You bring up a very good point.

I don't have a problem with it. There are family restaurants that cater to kids and fancy restaurants that do not. Several of the higher end places around here stopped offering high chairs. People got the message. :lol:

This is what the Wife and I did. Mine are all teens now so they tend to avoid showing them selves in public with us .

Note to parents:

Nobody thinks your kids are cute except you.

A child's behavior reflects directly on their Parents.

That's right.

And that's why parents should be responsible for their kid's actions for their entire lives.

If a forty year old goes out and commits a crime, not only does he do time but also the parents for raising a fuck-up.

Whoa I don't know about that, my brother is an ex convict loser who just got out of Wasco, he has been in and out prison for the last 5 years and is an ex heroin junkie and dope dealer, me and him were raised by the same parents but turned out totally different, once you get past a certain age it stops being at the feet of the parents.

Meh.

Its true that some kids are out of hand, but most of this is people simply not wanting to be inconvenienced. I don't think kids are any more misbehaved than in the past. We just think they are because we are older now.

I hear kids crying on planes all the time. When I was younger and more self-centered, I used to think "Poor me." Now I think "Poor parents."

Forum List

Back