Respect should be mutual

Gabriella84 said:
It was never my intention to "disrespect" anyone. The problem is, it is difficult to argue with people who have zero intention to ever change their minds. They post their opinion. If you dare to disagree, you are a "troll."

Don't think this is the first time I have encountered this problem. My brief forays into other boards have usually been greeted with "you young whippersnapper, you don't know shit! We don't need no schooling, we learned from life! We served our country! Therefore, we are ALWAYS right! Our status as veterans makes us experts on everything, and you damned better not argue."

No it doesn't. It reminds me of a cartoon I once saw. Once character went through this whole spiel of facts and sources in his attempt to prove a point. Upon which the second character replied "All that proves is that you hate America."
Most of the most common Bush ploys has been to wrap himself in the flag and declare that support for the military is support for him. If you dislike Bush, you dislike our military. Not supporting Bush is spitting on our brave military. It's all bullshit.

Sometimes I don't even bother to argue with you. It is because arguing with conservative Republicans is often like mud wresting with a pig. It doesn't take long to realize that the pig enjoys it a lot more than you do.

You make some good points--even if you merely resort to debating issues here and don't name call etc. , some people will hit you with neg rep just cause they feel like it or you rub them wrong personally. So I guess ya play the game however ya want---take your chances and forget about the rep or try to up your rep by carefully choosing your words and the right side of certian issues. Being "proper" guarantees you nothing and it may just not be worth it to ya. But remember--there are limitations and certain things can get you banned and then you will have to take your thoughts and opinions elsewhere. It just depends on how badly you wanna play here and with these people and if rep points mean anythig to ya.
It's a lot like real life---it's not fair all the time but not the only game in town either. You've got the situation sized up pretty well so if you decide to stay, at least accept responsibilty for what you have gotten into. Everyone here makes that decision daily. It may be why you're getting so much shit--you know it's rigged but complain about it anyway.

I worry more about whether my fiance remembers to change the cat box when I am gone than I do about rep points. :tng:

Gabriella84 said:
I worry more about whether my fiance remembers to change the cat box when I am gone than I do about rep points. :tng:
Good call Gabby!

Gabriella84 said:

Wow. He pays the bills, AND cleans the cat box? What do you do?

Kathianne said:
We don't want to know! :lalala:

Oh, I think we do.. She has to have at least ONE redeeming quality. Most people do...

Shattered said:
Oh, I think we do.. She has to have at least ONE redeeming quality. Most people do...
I DO NOT want to know the details of what she does...

Mr. P said:
LOL...sorry.. :lalala:

Got yourself some of those new fangled selective hearing aid batteries, did ya... :gross2:

Forum List

Back