Republicans want NASA to stop studying the Earth

how about we just de-fund NASA as the huge waste of time and money that it IS, and the Military along with it, along with foreign aid, welfare, SS, 90% of gov't. How about just "letting " us KEEP our salaries, all of it and govt function on money from voluntary payments and lotteries. ? if govt can't so fund itself, then reduce size and scope of govt until it CAN get by without forcing people to pay for it. Anyone who argues against this is either a parasite in some way, or a wannabe Hitler.
There are legitimate functions of government and one of those is the defense of the country. Why, you ask?
Because: "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
There is a difference between defense and going out and looking for countries to attack.
I said defense you idiot. Read it again…

Yeah, demanding that the NASA stick to studying SPACE is totally unreasonable.

What better way to study the earth?
OMG! Who stopped the shuttle program? That program was a good way to study the earth from orbit. Exclusively relying on deep space exploration - what I fully support - will not provide the data necessary for earth studies about climate change, will it?
Mothball a fleet of ships so old they became dangerous? How stupid. Big things like that don't get old. Look at our bridges. Oh wait.............
So, let's see the US Navy… did they upgrade or they are still stoking the furnaces on battle wagons? Uh.. they upgraded by building new ships??? Darn, one can build new more advanced shuttles then one wouldn't have to rely on Russia for getting supplies up to ISS since Space-X keeps blowing rockets up midair losing all the supplies to the ocean>>> BTW, who pays for that? Darn, it is NASA..
You have no argument go and do what you do best :suck:

Bravo for Cruz!!

Time to zero out "Manmade Global Climate Warming Change" funding

Funny, if you listened to Republicans, scientists get us into space. Help us live there. Look at other worlds and galaxies billions of light years away. Cure disease. Feed the planet. But know nothing about evolution and climate change. Curious that scientists could be right about so much but have these scientific blind spots that we should be grateful Republicans are here to "clear up".

Yeah, demanding that the NASA stick to studying SPACE is totally unreasonable.

What better way to study the earth?
OMG! Who stopped the shuttle program? That program was a good way to study the earth from orbit. Exclusively relying on deep space exploration - what I fully support - will not provide the data necessary for earth studies about climate change, will it?
Mothball a fleet of ships so old they became dangerous? How stupid. Big things like that don't get old. Look at our bridges. Oh wait.............

Actually, Navy ships are decommissioned before they get to the point of being unusable.

Additionally, the U.S. Navy prevents their ships from getting to that point via their 3M/PMS (Periodic Maintenance Survey) program, which requires that all deck drains, systems, etc., are checked on a REGULAR basis for anything that may require maintenance.

No.................as long as Navy ships have a crew, they don't get "old" in the way that our bridges have.

No.................as long as Navy ships have a crew, they don't get "old" in the way that our bridges have.[/QUOTE]

Where the gas tax money goes? It supposed to be earmarked for commuting infrastructures… maybe it is spent for buying votes.. yeah.. that could be the case...

Another major focus should be the economical development of space. Why not grow our economy on the massive resources of our solar system???

Why not??? Probably the main reason for exploration during the 14th through 19th centuries were government backed companies(East Indian company, etc). It works well.

We could focus on the resources of the asteroids and use the mars outpost as a stop over.

Another major focus should be the economical development of space. Why not grow our economy on the massive resources of our solar system???

Why not??? Probably the main reason for exploration during the 14th through 19th centuries were government backed companies(East Indian company, etc). It works well.

We could focus on the resources of the asteroids and use the mars outpost as a stop over.
Because Space -X keeps blowing rockets up in midair.

Look at other worlds and galaxies billions of light years away.
Looking at the past billions of light years ago, yet we deny historical facts only decades and a couple of millennia ago..
Cure disease.
sure.. cancer
Feed the planet.
I thought the planet feeds us
But know nothing about evolution and climate change
Of course they do …. climate change it is cyclical
Oh, you thought the planet feeds us? Is that what you thought?

Even about this, Republicans are ignorant. How can that be? Can they be stupid about everything????

farmers buy seeds developed by science - Google Search

That was the first one you uneducated moron. lol

Spacex sent about 9 others before that up safely. Of course, you oppose it as you don't believe America should be a world power.

That was the first one you uneducated moron. lol

Spacex sent about 9 others before that up safely. Of course, you oppose it as you don't believe America should be a world power.
Matt… Matt… Matt.. you need to listen and remember. We (you and I and some others) had conversations before about space exploration and I expressed my full support for it. You are attacking the wrong person my friend. I may not be a rocket scientist but I do not consider myself blind, feeling around in total darkness when it comes to certain issues.

Forum List

Back