Republicans Vote Against Funding Troops in Iraq

I know what you meant. I have none of the above. But, I've gone from Kinko's computer services guy (or, otherwise known as "Resume Formatter") to what I'm doing now because I can read. It can be done. You just need the will to make it happen.

I know it can be done. I was more addressing the issue of active duty people walking blind into the civilian sector. It is a real issue, even with transition assistance programs.

I know it can be done. I was more addressing the issue of active duty people walking blind into the civilian sector. It is a real issue, even with transition assistance programs.

That's because the military, regardless of what the recruiting posters say, are mostly training on DoD specific programs and no more than that... they're mostly useless in the real world.

That's because the military, regardless of what the recruiting posters say, are mostly training on DoD specific programs and no more than that... they're mostly useless in the real world.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. The military folk I know are pretty well trained. And while the training may be DoD specific, seems to be fairly easily transferable to the real world should they want to do that, especially the career military folk. Might be a bit different vis a vis the people who are only in for a few years. But isn't that true of any entry-level job?

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. The military folk I know are pretty well trained. And while the training may be DoD specific, seems to be fairly easily transferable to the real world should they want to do that, especially the career military folk. Might be a bit different vis a vis the people who are only in for a few years. But isn't that true of any entry-level job?

I think that is more a result of many military folk learning outside of their military training. Military folk are generally more driven than your average person... and will work a little harder to get the knowledge for outside information. I think you're talking about a good personal quality trait... not the training itself.

I think that is more a result of many military folk learning outside of their military training. Military folk are generally more driven than your average person... and will work a little harder to get the knowledge for outside information. I think you're talking about a good personal quality trait... not the training itself.

I'll have to agree with Jasendorf on this one. The training itself is basic, cookie-cutter stuff. The person him-or-herself takes it that extra step, if they choose to.

Forum List

Back