Republicans Unpopular, Just Less So than Democrats

fiscally responsible govt, the ability to compromise, nonactivist foreign policy, staying out of other people's bedrooms for starters.

Compromising with statists is "actual conservatism?"

parroting talking points is actual thought?

statists...

:rofl:

Yes, the current regime is infested with statists.

You call yourself an "actual conservative" because you see compromise with the current regime?

This is your definition of "actual conservatism?"

Compromising with statists is "actual conservatism?"

parroting talking points is actual thought?

statists...

:rofl:

Yes, the current regime is infested with statists.

You call yourself an "actual conservative" because you see compromise with the current regime?

This is your definition of "actual conservatism?"
it's interesting, in a mild way, that you fixate on compromise to the exclusion of all else. i wonder why that is?

wake up and smell the coffee, ace. our govt has gotten larger and more intrusive for the past 70 years. it didn't start with obama (patriot act ring a bell, statistboi?) and it certainly won't end with the election of fuckwits like sharon angle. intelligent people can disagree without being disagreeable and can find common ground to build on. knuckledragging, *my way or the highway* types on both sides are ruining this country.

kudos

It sort of outs you as not an "actual conservative."

I want to know who "actual conservatives" have to compromise with.

actual people who actually disagree with them on actual issues.

scary, huh?

"Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have."

do you know who said this and to whom?

i'm guessing not.

I don't know how you can call yourself an "actual conservative" if you don't believe this garbage needs to be rolled back, or at least stopped dead in its tracks for now.

You have litmus tests for social and defense issues, but not issues that are crashing the viability of the domestic well being of the country.

60% of the young voters favor an end to prohibition.
the dems are shitting on them, republicans can watch the fumble or pick up the ball.

I don't know how you can call yourself an "actual conservative" if you don't believe this garbage needs to be rolled back, or at least stopped dead in its tracks for now.

You have litmus tests for social and defense issues, but not issues that are crashing the viability of the domestic well being of the country.

you're very good at reading things that aren't there.

do you hear voices as well?

Ah, yes. The Dead Conservatives Society. Darlings of the neo statists, since they didn't have nearly the economic and social issues back then as today, and thus are forever silenced. How convenient.

The rap on Barry Goldwater was that he'd get us in a nuclear war. Doesn't sound like he came across as opposing military interventionism to me.

D'ya think Barry would have signed off on Obamacare? Bank and auto company takeovers? Government managed industrial policy through the EPA? Even less of the same?

Who do you think Barry Goldwater would have "compromised" with today?

Last edited:
Ah, yes. The Dead Conservatives Society. Darlings of the neo statists, since they didn't have nearly the economic and social issues back then as today, and thus are forever silenced. How convenient.

The rap on Barry Goldwater was that he'd get us in a nuclear war. Doesn't sound like he came across as opposing military interventionism to me.

D'ya think Barry would have signed off on Obamacare? Bank and auto company takeovers? Government managed industrial policy through the EPA? Even less of the same?

the people who opposed his views. you're not too bright, are you?

Really? Goldwater would have thrown in with Obama's garbage?

What separates him from a "progressive" then?

Really? Goldwater would have thrown in with Obama's garbage?

What separates him from a "progressive" then?

do you even know what compromise means?

hint: it's not a synonym for surrender.

jeezus

Forum List

Back