Republicans slam Sen. Reid over Romney tax claim

544980_486175744741275_107460473_n.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — Top Republicans on Sunday accused Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of lying by passing along an anonymous claim that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney hasn't paid taxes for 10 years.

Republican Party chairman Reince Priebus called Reid a "dirty liar." Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said, "I think he's lying about his statement of knowing something about Romney" and he contended Reid was "making things up to divert the campaign away from the real issues."

Reid's spokesman, Adam Jentleson, contended that Republicans were trying to cover up for Romney and the aide repeated the Nevada senator's claims that the source about Romney's taxes is "credible." Other Democrats said Romney could clear up any confusion about his taxes by disclosing them to the public, and the issue was a main talking point on the Sunday news shows.

Reid said last week he had learned of the claim about Romney's taxes from an investor in Romney's former firm, Bain Capital. But the lawmaker hasn't offered any evidence to back it up and even has said he's not sure it's true.

Republicans slam Sen. Reid over Romney tax claim - Yahoo! News

Say it ain't so..

I'd love to see that smug asshole, Reince Preibus (who's got some nerve questioning other people's integrity after his own whoppers), call Reid a "dirty liar" to his face.

He might find out that's a bad idea with an ex-boxer.

:badgrin:

Oh please he's old and soft, not even close to being a boxer nowadays, plus he has the voice of 12 year old girl, He sounds like a guy that's been shot and is on his last breath....in other words he's a punk ass mofo

When are they going to step up and prove that Reid s a dirty liar?

All they got to do is release Romneys returns

When are you going to step up and prove you didn't have sex with your mom ?

You are calling Reid a dirty liar...

One way to prove it.

Nope there are several, but here's one
Costs, conflicts arise in Reid push for green power - Opinion - ReviewJournal.com

There's another factor, however, one more personal to Reid: His son, Rory Reid, is one of the attorneys for the ENN Mojave Energy project.

Well now....I think we may need to see both the Reid's tax returns, we may have some actual fraud.....and when Romney is elected....guess who's going to giving an anal exam....I cant wait, maybe we'll finally get the dirtbag, Reid in jail......keep on going Reid, you have more skeletons than John Wayne Gacy

By the way, my understanding is, had Reid made the comments in a public setting he could be liable of defamation, but since he made the comments on the Senate floor he is immune from any liability.
Is this true ?

You cannot be convicted of defamation without proving such defamation occurred,

In order to do that Romney would have to release his taxes.

Damn!
Incorrect. The accuser must provide proof of their remarks. Romney is the victim.

All of this can be cleared up if Reid releases the name of the source.

The release of the tax returns will shut Reid up.

When can we expect that?

Directly after the release of Obama's

Obama's tax returns have been released. Save the false equivalencies for someone else.
what about his tax returns from 15 years ago? We haven't seen those.

How about this. You learn what the meaning of 'equivalence' is, and then compare what Romney is being asked to provide and what Obama has been asked to provide. Then get back to us.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Top Republicans on Sunday accused Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of lying by passing along an anonymous claim that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney hasn't paid taxes for 10 years.

Republican Party chairman Reince Priebus called Reid a "dirty liar." Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said, "I think he's lying about his statement of knowing something about Romney" and he contended Reid was "making things up to divert the campaign away from the real issues."

Reid's spokesman, Adam Jentleson, contended that Republicans were trying to cover up for Romney and the aide repeated the Nevada senator's claims that the source about Romney's taxes is "credible." Other Democrats said Romney could clear up any confusion about his taxes by disclosing them to the public, and the issue was a main talking point on the Sunday news shows.

Reid said last week he had learned of the claim about Romney's taxes from an investor in Romney's former firm, Bain Capital. But the lawmaker hasn't offered any evidence to back it up and even has said he's not sure it's true.

Republicans slam Sen. Reid over Romney tax claim - Yahoo! News

When are they going to step up and prove that Reid s a dirty liar?

All they got to do is release Romneys returns

I have been told by a credible source that at least 90% of the left wingnuts in this forum are dirty, filthy LIARS.

Until the left wingnuts in this forum can PROVE OTHERWISE, we all have to assume that it's true.

Please, left wingnuts, take your best shot.

When are you going to step up and prove you didn't have sex with your mom ?

One way to prove it.

Costs, conflicts arise in Reid push for green power - Opinion - ReviewJournal.com

There's another factor, however, one more personal to Reid: His son, Rory Reid, is one of the attorneys for the ENN Mojave Energy project.

Well now....I think we may need to see both the Reid's tax returns, we may have some actual fraud.....and when Romney is elected....guess who's going to giving an anal exam....I cant wait, maybe we'll finally get the dirtbag, Reid in jail......keep on going Reid, you have more skeletons than John Wayne Gacy

Nice deflection, but totally irrelevant to whether Romney paid taxes or not

If you want to prove Reid lied........provide some returns

Obama has done it

So what? What makes you entitled. It certainly isnt law.

The reasons are clear, you just cant admit it.

I'm assuming the most innocuous reason and yes, it is clear: Romney is embarrassed by his low tax burden relative to that of the middle class. It's damning, both for his campaign and for his proposed tax policy (i.e. lower taxes for the wealthy, made deficit neutral by increases on the middle class).

That's reason enough to hide them. However, as he continues to stonewall one can't help but wonder if there's something even more damning in them.

One way to prove it.

Obama has done it
Doesn't work that way..

Romney is innocent until proof is provide otherwise. It is codified in our highest laws.

Provide the accuser to be questioned, or pay the price of bearing false witness.

Obama has done it
Doesn't work that way..

Romney is innocent until proof is provide otherwise. It is codified in our highest laws.

Provide the accuser to be questioned, or pay the price of bearing false witness.

You are the ones calling Reid a dirty liar......prove it

Romney has something to hide. This thing is not going to go away by calling his accusers liars. Every other candidate in recent memory has provided full access to their tax returns

Time to fess up Romney

If Romney doesn't want to answer the question of why he won't release his returns in every interview leading up to the election....he had better do it sooner rather than later

By the way, my understanding is, had Reid made the comments in a public setting he could be liable of defamation, but since he made the comments on the Senate floor he is immune from any liability.
Is this true ?

Good plan, try to sue Reid for defamation where they would have to show mittens tax returns in court to prove what reid is saying to be incorrect.

Obama has done it
Doesn't work that way..

You are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law

In the court of public opinion it looks like Romney has something to hide.

Forum List

Back