Republicans slam Sen. Reid over Romney tax claim

Nice deflection, but totally irrelevant to whether Romney paid taxes or not

If you want to prove Reid lied........provide some returns

Obama has done it
Doesn't work that way..

Romney is innocent until proof is provide otherwise. It is codified in our highest laws.

Provide the accuser to be questioned, or pay the price of bearing false witness.

Actually, if you are going to accuse Reid of making a false statement the first step is to prove he made a false statement. You see, mittens would not be on trial, it would be reid who is being accused in a court for making false statements.

2 things here, first you cant prove a negative....Kinda of like prove to me you're not gay...you cant do it....
Second, Reid made the accusation...it's up to him to prove it....IT's not up to the accused to prove innocense until there is some evidence of wrong doing...unless we changed into Soviet Russia, have we?

After they prove that then they need to prove that Reid did not know those claims were false, to which i am sure they can find a fall guy to come forward and take the blame for supposedly lying to reid. In the end you would never be able to prove reid knowingly gave a false statement. That is, of course, if they were to first prove that Mittens paid his taxes by releasing the tax returns. It will never get that far because mittens will not release them because he knows it will be a death blow to his campaign.

Well if Harry Reid doesnt have anything, he should be prosecuted, if he has a witness, lets see who it is....What if the guy at Bain told Reid, because he knew of Reid's hyperpartisanship and he did it to make Reid look bad....well it's working.

One has to also note that bullshit claims to the public or to the senate when not under oath are completely free of charges. We all know mittens made claims he was not at Bain when his signature clearly shows he is managing director at the times he made those claims. Had those signatures been a lie he would face charges of fraud, but since he did not lie to the SEC so it is not fraud or illegal. Of course, it is a lie to the american public, but mittens was never sworn to tell the truth.

Who said anything about under oath. You can accuse anyone of anything, which is what Reid did....where's the beef?

The release of the tax returns will shut Reid up.

When can we expect that?

Everyone is laughing at Reid. He's making the Democrats look like a bunch of lying morons. Why would we want to shut him up?

Put up or shut up, Mitt.

b0b26sgfokginbc3rkdh8a.gif

Must be nice for a little weasel like Reid to act like he's got balls when he doesn't
have to back up his claim...

More Chicago thug politics from the likes of Rahm Emanuel it would seem.
Anything this administration can do to take the focus off this brutal Obama economy will be fine with this administration.

all he has to do is realease then like EVERY other presidentail candidate has.

He thinks hes above us and we dont need to know

Stupid shit, how many did McCain release?

How many electoral votes did he get? Probably more than the number of houses he owns but I can't recall if we ever nailed that number down.

Anyway, you're right. McCain had the winning electoral playbook. Look to him for political strategy.

Stupid shit, how many did McCain release?

How many electoral votes did he get? Probably more than the number of houses he owns but I can't recall if we ever nailed that number down.

Anyway, you're right. McCain had the winning electoral playbook. Look to him for political strategy.

Logic isn't your strong point....he released 2 years and I am betting you never said a word, can you even spell hypocrite?

If Romney releases 2 years of tax returns
the libs will scream what's he hiding we want 3 years.
If he releases 3 they want 4 and on and on it goes....

Romney should go be fore the people and say to the cameras...
"Harry...blow me"...no returns for you.

Republicans slam Sen. Reid over Romney tax claim

WASHINGTON (AP) — Top Republicans on Sunday accused Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of lying by passing along an anonymous claim that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney hasn't paid taxes for 10 years.

Republican Party chairman Reince Priebus called Reid a "dirty liar." Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said, "I think he's lying about his statement of knowing something about Romney" and he contended Reid was "making things up to divert the campaign away from the real issues."

Reid's spokesman, Adam Jentleson, contended that Republicans were trying to cover up for Romney and the aide repeated the Nevada senator's claims that the source about Romney's taxes is "credible." Other Democrats said Romney could clear up any confusion about his taxes by disclosing them to the public, and the issue was a main talking point on the Sunday news shows.

Reid said last week he had learned of the claim about Romney's taxes from an investor in Romney's former firm, Bain Capital. But the lawmaker hasn't offered any evidence to back it up and even has said he's not sure it's true.
Republicans slam Sen. Reid over Romney tax claim - Yahoo! News

When are they going to step up and prove that Reid s a dirty liar?

All they got to do is release Romneys returns
He knows what he is.

No, Romney, like any other citizen, does not have to keep returns forever. It's two years, and that's the law. If you guys wanted 10 years of information, you had 10 years to get it. You didn't. Too darn bad.

I'm thinking he already released 2 years, in accordance with fair accounting to the public, Rozman. He doesn't owe information to people eternally. No one in America does.

That's what he's been doing. It hasn't changed the chorus of calls for him to release them. It won't work. Which is why he hired a new spin doctor.

Logic isn't your strong point....he released 2 years and I am betting you never said a word, can you even spell hypocrite?

...because I was a McCain voter?

I am a Conservative, I didn't vote for McCain....you voted for Bammy and you didn't have clue as to who he was.....now you know who he is and you'll vote for him again...why????

Because you want a larger subsistence check?

Robmoney can clear this all up and prove he paid taxes.

Why doesnt he?

Does he have a legal obligation to release more years ?
If not, then why is it anyone's business to prove anything further ?

Why doesnt he?

Romney is not legally required to provide any more tax returns and he thinks that covers him

There is a difference in a court of law and a court of public opinion. The more Romney resists releasing his returns, the guiltier he looks to the public. The more he says no, the more the questioN is going to be asked

He can run but he can't hide. This issue is not going to go away and there is only one way to put it to rest

Why doesnt he?

Romney is not legally required to provide any more tax returns and he thinks that covers him

There is a difference in a court of law and a court of public opinion. The more Romney resists releasing his returns, the guiltier he looks to the public. The more he says no, the more the questioN is going to be asked

He can run but he can't hide. This issue is not going to go away and there is only one way to put it to rest

Yes, it's called election day... buhbye Obummer enjoy your trip back to the windy city.

Forum List

Back