Republicans Need to Get Real About the 2016 Elections

Unemployment is down, the stock market has been in record territory for many months now, and the economy is recovering.

If we elect Republicans, we're going to go backwards, because they want to sell us out to the corporations and big oil.
Obama supports off shore drilling and TPP
What were you saying?

Unemployment is down, the stock market has been in record territory for many months now, and the economy is recovering.

If we elect Republicans, we're going to go backwards, because they want to sell us out to the corporations and big oil.

And don't forget their appetite for war. Just itching to pay off some of their donors in the war industry.

Obama supports off shore drilling and TPP
What were you saying?

You do realize that yesterday, Obama shut down drilling in the Arctic, and has also closed down the issuance of permits to drill there in the future, right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/17/b...alaskan-arctic-drilling-for-2-years.html?_r=0

Inside the GOP’s hallucinatory dogma: How the politics of paranoia & disorientation conquered the Republican mind Inside the GOP’s hallucinatory dogma: How the politics of paranoia & disorientation conquered the Republican mind - Salon.com

Normal politics in the Age of Obama face a daunting and dangerous foe. The power and appeal of the Republican Party lies in how its consultants and media accomplices have created a highly entertaining and confusing type of absurdist political theater. While wealth and income inequality are central to America’s political polarization and dysfunction, the alternate reality cultivated by political leaders and right-wing media has a heavy impact on a political culture where broken politics is not just an aberration or outlier, but rather the norm.

Movement conservatism is compelling for so many people because of its visceral emotional appeal, and how the mindsets of conservative authoritarians are oriented toward accepting a Manichaean, binary, fear-centered, and dominance-oriented perspective of the world.

Movement conservatism is compelling for so many people because of its visceral emotional appeal, and how the mindsets of conservative authoritarians are oriented toward accepting a Manichaean, binary, fear-centered, and dominance-oriented perspective of the world.
You're full of shit. Liberalism is all about feelings, trying to smear the right with your faults is pretty much all the left has to run on. Nothing else is working. The authoritarians are the assholes that want big government. There's nothing patriotic about you, you're just a lying scumbag on the internet.

You're full of shit. Liberalism is all about feelings, trying to smear the right with your faults is pretty much all the left has to run on. Nothing else is working. The authoritarians are the assholes that want big government. There's nothing patriotic about you, you're just a lying scumbag on the internet.
Good morning Weasel! I see that you might turn up anywhere. I thought that your specialty was trolling the gay rights threads.

Anyway, what is all of this blathering about big government? It's not the size of government that matters. It is what government does and how well it does it. It's about who benefits and who gets screwed. It's interesting that you guys are opposed to big government except when it comes to the size of the military, and passing laws and imposing policies that infringe of privacy such as reproductive heath care and sexual behavior.

Now go and wipe the spit off your chin and THINK about it.

Good morning Weasel! I see that you might turn up anywhere. I thought that your specialty was trolling the gay rights threads.
I see that sniveling like a little cvnt is your specialty. You show up crying anywhere. If it hurts you to get called on it, too bad.
Anyway, what is all of this blathering about big government? It's not the size of government that matters. It is what government does and how well it does it. It's about who benefits and who gets screwed. It's interesting that you guys are opposed to big government except when it comes to the size of the military, and passing laws and imposing policies that infringe of privacy such as reproductive heath care and sexual behavior.

Wipe your dog's shit off your nose and consider making tax payers fund abortion isn't small government. Pay for your own. Who exactly wants to pass laws preventing you from getting banged by 10 men if you want? Not me.

You don't know what you're talking about, all emotion, no logic.

I see that sniveling like a little cvnt is your specialty. You show up crying anywhere. If it hurts you to get called on it, too bad.

Wipe your dog's shit off your nose and consider making tax payers fund abortion isn't small government. Pay for your own. Who exactly wants to pass laws preventing you from getting banged by 10 men if you want? Not me.

Shit dude!! Looks like your mental health has not improved any since I last encountered you. Get help! Please

Shit dude!! Looks like your mental health has not improved any since I last encountered you. Get help! Please

Reince Priebus Admits That Republicans Are Done If They Don’t Win In 2016

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus admitted that the Republican Party will be “cooked” and in a hole for a long time if they don’t win the White House in 2016.

It is always a bad sign for a candidate or a party when they can’t talk about an election in current terms, but turn to historical precedent for comfort. The media told voters in 2012 that historical precedent said that President Obama would not win reelection because his job approval rating was under 50%. Obama won reelection in a landslide Reince Priebus Admits That Republicans Are Done If They Don’t Win In 2016
:party:

They will be cooked alright. They are in the process of cooking themselves right now :happy-1::happy-1::happy-1:

The only way to stop the country's accelerating decline is to elect a Republican House, Senate and President. With which candidate is this most likely? I am concerned that a nominee who is too strident may cause some voters to hedge their bets by voting for Democratic senators. Thoughts?

The Republican Party has lost the last 2 Presidential elections by nominating Centrust, Appologist, Liberal candidates. The party needs to learn that they cannot win ekections by out-Liberaling the Dems; nor will the Conservative wing support a Centrist/Liberal candidate this time.

They neex to find a staunch Conservative candidate abd support him with ACTIONS in Congress prior to the elections, proving they will fight for Conservative ideals or you'll see an 8 year Clinton regime.

The only way to stop the country's accelerating decline is to elect a Republican House, Senate and President. With which candidate is this most likely? I am concerned that a nominee who is too strident may cause some voters to hedge their bets by voting for Democratic senators. Thoughts?

The Republican Party has lost the last 2 Presidential elections by nominating Centrust, Appologist, Liberal candidates. The party needs to learn that they cannot win ekections by out-Liberaling the Dems; nor will the Conservative wing support a Centrist/Liberal candidate this time.

They neex to find a staunch Conservative candidate abd support him with ACTIONS in Congress prior to the elections, proving they will fight for Conservative ideals or you'll see an 8 year Clinton regime.

All I am saying is that electing a Republican President without keeping control of the Senate may be a hollow victory. The only way to pass serious reform legislation is for the GOP to keep the Senate and repeal (Democrat) filibuster rules.

The Republicans STILL can't even elect a speaker. They are a fractured snake pit:

Things may never be the same for the Freedom Caucus after most of its members moved last week to support Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) as the next House speaker. Suddenly, they may not be conservative enough for some in the party.

The anger over Ryan’s ascent has been fueled by voices across the conservative media landscape. On the Internet, sites such as Breitbart.com and the Drudge Report have pumped out a steady stream of anti-Ryan stories casting doubt on his record, while such prominent commentators as Erick Erickson, Ann Coulter and Mickey Kaus have sharpened their teeth and urged conservatives to contact lawmakers and tell them to spurn Ryan. Fuming over Ryan, some conservative voices turn on the Freedom Caucus

Republicans need to get real?? All that they are getting is real stupid...... Still the stupid party. It's not just gay people who are offended by this:

Republican Rhetoric on LGBT Issues Since the Last Debate Republican Rhetoric on LGBT Issues Since the Last Debate

When Republican candidates gather in Boulder, Colo. tonight for the third debate of the cycle, they will bring some new anti-equality baggage with them. Here’s a quick look at the rhetoric since the last debate Sept. 16 in California:
  • Ben Carson first asserted that LGBT families were not of “equal value.” Then he said that he was worried that same-sex marriage would lead to polygamy.
  • Ted Cruz opposed efforts to lift the ban on transgender military service as a “social experiment” -- ignoring how the American Medical Association already issued a resolution saying that there is "no medically valid reason to exclude transgender individuals from service in the U.S. military."
  • Mike Huckabee opposed the nomination of Eric Fanning to become the Secretary of the Army, just because Fanning is gay.
  • Rand Paul suggested that LGBT people should avoid discrimination in the workplace by staying in the closet
protecting LGBT people from discrimination in Ohio.

For more on the candidates and their rhetoric on LGBT issues, visithttp://www.hrc.org/2016RepublicanFacts/

October 28, 2015
Cruz, Carson Differ Sharply Over Timetable for End of World
Cruz, Carson Differ Sharply Over Timetable for End of World - The New Yorker

BOULDER, COLORADO (The Borowitz Report)—There were fireworks at Wednesday night’s Republican Presidential debate as the retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson and Texas Senator Ted Cruz sparred over their differing timetables for hastening the end of the world.

While both Carson and Cruz stressed their commitment to accelerating the end times as described in the Book of Revelation, they offered starkly different visions of how they would bring them about.

When Carson said he hoped to bring the world to an end during his first term in office, he received a mocking rebuke from Cruz.

“That’s not soon enough,” the Texas senator said. “When I am President, I will start working to make the Rapture happen on day one.”

Although the two traded barbs about the apocalypse for several minutes, the biggest applause line on the subject belonged to the former Hewlett-Packard C.E.O. Carly Fiorina. “These two gentlemen talk a good game about Armageddon, but I’ve made it happen,” she said, to a standing ovation.

Did anyone notice that this weekend, the campaign managers for all the GOP candidates (except one) got together to discuss the debates WITHOUT the RNC leadership?

The GOP is on the way to eating itself and going the way of the Whigs.

Well, next year is a tough year for Senate Republicans because they've got 24 up for re-election to the Democrats' 10.

Only way they can hold onto the senate is with a presidential candidate who can win moderate voters, but so far the Republicans continue to do what they did in 2012, which is to push everyone away but old white men who yell at clouds, just like themselves.

I predicted Christie/Rubio would be the ticket a couple years ago, but boy has the landscape changed. Seems that Trump and Carson really represent the Stupid Party now that moderate Republicans have defected to the Democrats in recent years, like the Eisenhower family.

And I'm fine with another Democrat in the White House because to have another Republican pass trillions of dollars in tax cuts while only spending more on defense would be another recipe for disaster.

I’ve seen America’s future — and it’s not Republican': How demographic change gives Democrats the advantage ‘I’ve seen America’s future — and it’s not Republican': How demographic change gives Democrats the advantage

Given the kind of things the Republican presidential candidates have been saying every day for weeks now, you might reasonably conclude that US politics is stuck not just in another decade, but in a previous century. Ben Carson thinks Obamacare is “ the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery ”. To boost an argument against gun control Carson also said that Hitler would have killed fewer Jews in the Holocaust “if the people had been armed”. Donald Trump, meanwhile, would expel 12 million undocumented migrants because so many are “ criminals, murderers and rapists ”. Carly Fiorina asserts that “every single policy” Hillary Clinton espouses, including paid family leave and equal pay for women, “ has been demonstrably bad for women ”.

Forum List

Back